“Our Sushi Place”
Review of Sam's Sushi - CLOSED

Sam's Sushi
Cuisines: Japanese
Reviewed April 5, 2014 via mobile

We have gone twice now and Sam's is now officially, Our Sushi Place. Good food and service at a reasonable price.

Reviewed March 25, 2014

Went to Indian Wells for the BNP Paribas Open. My girlfriend and I were looking for a late lunch,wanted to have sushi at the J.W. Marriott but they didn't open till 4:00pm. We asked around and we received several suggestions for sushi.I decided to go on trip advisor to see what the reviews were. We decided that Sam's Sushi looked pretty good.We were not disappointed,Sam was the sushi chef.He made suggestions and made us up a special sushi roll. I don't think Sam is the owner he just happens to be be a Sam.We won't forget Sam he was great.We thought that the sushi was tasty and the portions were a good size. Also our server Jasmine did a good job. When we go back to the desert next year we will definitely return to Sam's.

Reviewed March 1, 2014

We have a lot of great sushi/Japanese places back home and this one was disappointing. The service was very slow considering there were only two other tables seated. The Ebi Tempura was so-so yet the Vegetable Tempura was quite good. Strange since they both battered in the same batter. I had the Teriyaki Chicken roll which was not great. It wasn't very expensive so I guess that's a plus but I wouldn't good back for the taste or quality. We discovered Matsuri in Palm Desert today and although the decor is outdated the food is excellent.

Reviewed November 16, 2013

We went to Sam's recently for dinner. Arrived about 7 with no reservation but were seated promptly.Staff were friendly and attentive..Food was delicious, and highly rated by our fellow diners, who are experienced Sushi-ites. Initial disappointment from our 5 year old grandson because there was no tomago shown on the menu turned to delight when our server advised that it was available.The location in the River Complex was very handy to our condo in Rancho Las Palmas..
Great Spot:

Reviewed October 24, 2013

My wife and I are at Sam's Sushi and enjoyed the experience. They have a Happy Hour that they offer all day long...One of the items you can choose is 3 of there special rolls for $25. Depending what you choose you can save a minium of $5. or more. Our server was good, but I could see some might have been a little slow. We had the Baked Green Mussels which were nicelty spiced and very good. We then had the Sushi 4 plus 2 of Sam's special rolls the Red Hot roll and the Tiger roll . Everything was very good.Over all the sushi is fresh and the place is decorated well. We'll be back again to eat at Sam's Sushi