“Aloha via the desert”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #5 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Business meetings, Large groups, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th Avenue
Reviewed August 27, 2013

Once again Roy's ceases to amaze us! Thinking aloud "why do you return to an eatery?" Is it the food, the service, ambiance, the consistency = the total experience.From the valet parking attendant who rushes to open the door for you, to the pleasant ALOHA from the hostess, Cameron the amazingly accommodating manager or Darr the great bartender ...a memorable birthday celebration (even seated for happy hour in the bar) was had last night. I fell in love with Roy's while living in Hawaii, the open air architecture & food, but their Rancho Mirage location is the next best thing. Their Aloha Hour from 4:30-6:30 is above par. The quality & the presentation of the selections are "delicious art". The Jalapeno margaritas are as unique as the Big Island Ebi Roll.Try them you will not be disappointed. As a long time desert residence you can't find a better place for a few drinks or a fine dining dinner.

Reviewed August 17, 2013

Seriously you cant beat their "aloha hour" for great food and drinks! Also they have a phenomenal waitstaff which is super rare in the valley. Dinner is pricey but fabulous. This is a favorite spot for date night.

Reviewed August 10, 2013 via mobile

This was the perfect place to celebrate our ten year anniversary. They make a personalized menu with your name on it, give you an amazing desert and even frame a photo. The food was tasty and filling, I even had to take some home if I was going to have room for desert! (Nice portions) we had the ribs that have been cooked three ways and the meat just fell off the bone. I will be dreamin about those for a while. What stood out to me is the service and commitment the Resturant made to make our anniversary personal and special. It felt like we were the only ones there even though the tables around us were filled. Krystal was our server and she was very professional and proficient. I will go here again in the future because my visit left such a huge impression.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

OK so the iced tea was world class and the bus boy and waiter were excellent with the bus boy being the favored and more attentive. The waiter was covering too many tables as it was busy and looked like they had a summer level staffing.

This was our first visit which we explained to the waiter. He seemed to understand and want us to have a good experience. I didn't want to make a huge investment - like $80.00 a person - until I tried the food so I went for the $38.00 fixed price menu. The appitizer was your choice of a green salad or spring rolls. The spring roll had no distinctive flavor except for the grease that ran out when you bit into them. Requested soy sauce requested from the bus boy came with salt and pepper The soy sause was vile as was the house red wind at the bar prior to dinner so didn't order the usual bottle of wind to enjoy with dinner. Not a good idea to serve a below average house wine at the bar. Tow Buck Chuck Merlot with no corkage fee would have yielded a better flavor.

We both ordered Mahi Mahi also and it was sad, sad, sad. Tasted as if it had been frozen - that flat taste and texture and it was at best 3/8's of an inch think and looked to be about 4 ounces. The accompanying vegetables were not very tasty but pretty,

OK so that leaves desert. Ever had one of those wonderful Chocolate Souffles that rises out over the top of the dish and you crack it open and a huge puff of steamy chocolate mist comes out and says - "You're going to love me?" Well this one wasn't one of those. It was like it came frozen from Costco and was heated just enough that the center was molten. It was like a muffin without the top. The molten part was yummy mixed with the raspberry coulis and nice vanilla ice cream. It was the best part of the meal and that says more then any of the words I've written.

Reviewed August 2, 2013

I've chosen "Roy's" as my #1 choice for my birthday dinner for quite a number of years. I have never been disappointed with that choice and this year's experience was far beyond my expectations. Upon arrival at the Reception Stand, Manager Kameron Luyt stepped up to greet me by name and wish me a "Happy Birthday". He said he was so glad to see me back again for my annual birthday dinner. How this kind gentleman can remember me by sight and name is remarkable, given the number of guests he takes such care to provide a wonderful dining experience. We were treated to a delicious appetizer "compliments of the house", the same exceptional wait service we've come to appreciate as consistent at Roy's, a delicious dinner (Butterfish highly recommended - melts in your mouth!) all finished off with a complimentary birthday dessert. Roy's consistently delivers a wonderful environment, exceptional service, outstanding food and the kind of dining experience that makes you want to return again and again.