“Roys is the best in the Valley”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Large groups, Special occasions, Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th Avenue
Reviewed June 21, 2013

First off the Food is absolutely amazing! Chef Kevin Land does an incredible take on Hawaiian Fusion/ Pacific Rim Cuisine. This was by far the best Scallop dish I have ever enjoyed!!!! The service is very attentive and the management team is the best looking in town ;).

This place is the Disneyland of restaurants!!!

There are newer reviews for Roy's

Reviewed June 18, 2013

I've owned Roy's Hawaiian Fusion cookbook for years, so wanted to check them out on my birthday. Went yesterday evening for the Aloha Hour, from 4:30 to 6:30. Appetizers and drinks are $6 each, terrific deal and every single thing was tasty!! Our waiter was very attentive, all staff were friendly and helpful. Free and friendly valet parking, although you don't really need it as the parking lot is right there. Tiki torches lit outside, nice. Seated at the bar viewing the open kitchen, also nice.

So, to the important part, the food and drinks. The Wagyu Beef Sliders with sweet potato fries - very substantial appetizer, and the wagyu beef is to die for. Truly excellent choice, and pretty much a meal in itself. The fries were sweet, salty, savory, with shaved Italian cheese and herbs, and crispy-chewy -- perfect. And I generally don't even like sweet potato fries! The tiny buns were shiny egg coated and were toasted. You get 2 large sliders and a pile of fries, terrific for $6.

The lobster potstickers were extremely tasty and beautifully made, presented with nice plating. However, there were only 3 small potstickers, so they were not as good of a value. Totally delish but pricey for $6.

The crispy spicy ahi roll was perfect. Large serving, nice plating, perfect light crispness with panko coating, butter tender and super fresh ahi. A total homerun for $6.

The Ebi roll was attractive and a large portion. It's shrimp tempura roll with goat cheese, avocado, etc. It was good, although we both loved the ahi roll more. A good value for $6.

Also ordered the keiki (kids) meal for my son, the short rib with mashed potatoes and broccolini, includes quesadilla and ranch crudités. That short rib was insanely tender and flavorful, especially with the sides, and a large portion.

Finally, the drinks. Had the Roy's Mai Tai...tasty, fruity, strong (I barely drank a third of it, but I'm a lightweight and I was driving afterward) for $6. My son had a perfect mango smoothie, only $4. Excellent drinks for the price, hard to choose as there were many choices on the menu. I hear that the Hawaiian Martini is great and I will try it next time, along with other appetizers we didn't get to yesterday (mahi mahi tacos and short rib tacos).

If you make a reservation online and tell them it's your birthday, they bring out a plate with 2 chocolate soufflés with diced fresh fruit and raspbery coulis (also nicely plated), with Happy Birthday and your name written in chocolate sauce, and a candle, and they take your picture and give you a framed copy before you go.

So, for $50, the two of us were stuffed with fine food and drinks, free birthday dessert, and we had 2 takeout boxes of leftovers to take home even though we ate a lot. And the people were super friendly and attentive to us. I can see why they were busy even at 5:20 on a Monday night! Definitely check them out!

Reviewed June 18, 2013

Restaurant week in Palm Springs and the $38 menu sounded appetising ........ The tempura sushi roll was amazing but the rest distinctly average ..... I have been to Roy's in Maui, Naples , Spanish Bay and Scottsdale ..... All of which were excellent which is why we sought this one out on this trip ...... Been there but won't hurry back

Reviewed June 16, 2013

From the moment we walked in, we should have known. The hostess was friendly, just not very bright. The waiter was completely worthless. I should have taken the order myself...maybe I would have done a better job! After a snotty response to, "are there any specials?," I should have known it would go down hill from there. We waited....get this...almost an hour for our entrees. Really? The six lousy shrimp on the plate (with sand), the surf and turf drowning in butter, the fish that was so salty you couldn't eat it...awful. Just awful. Three people and the bill was over $200...for crap. Never going back. I've been to Roy's in Waikiki and on Maui. Loved it. Rancho Mirage, NEVER AGAIN. Roy, get your act together. What a mess.

2  Thank Stephen W
Reviewed June 14, 2013

We thought that Aloha Hour, that goes from 4:30 to 6:30...would be great for drinks
and a light dinner of appetizers. Forget it! Go to the dinning Room! There's not comparison
between the food, and the cost difference is well worth the difference!

1  Thank Connie S