“A taste of perfection!”
Review of Roy's

Roy's
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Private Dining, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Cross street: 44th Avenue
Reviewed September 17, 2012

First visit and definately going back. Loved every moment from start to end. Management was definately making each guest feel special by visiting each table, folding napkins when patrons left the table for a break, helping serve food, opening doors....now thats someone who really cares.Food, drinks and service was amazing. We ordered the skinny coconut drink and margarita, ordered the boat sampler app, YUM! which included ribs, sushi, lobster stickers, and chicken. Entree was cooked to perfection, surf and turf and fish trio platter, so good. We couldnt stop there and ordered the pineapple upside down cake with ice cream. Needless to say we ate every morsel.

1  Thank chacha79
There are newer reviews for Roy's

Reviewed September 16, 2012 via mobile

My great experience with this place started with the Manager opening the door, and welcoming us into the restaurant. We immediately felt that... Welcome.
We were early for our reservation, but were seated right away. I had asked for a quiet corner table when I made the reservation, and did receive it.
Our waiter's assistant again welcomed us, gave us water, and told us our edamame was on its way. Again we felt welcome.
Our waiter Chris, followed after, welcomed us, took our drink order, and went on to give us a great description of the menus and specials. Again, we felt welcome.
From that point on, everything flowed perfectly. Drinks, appies, dinner, and dessert. There was not one moment that we felt unattended, or dissatisfied with our wonderful culinary experience.
This place provides exactly what you seek when you are looking for fine dining.

Btw...lol... I included a picture of my plate that shows how much I loved my meal. I thoroughly finished every bite.

Reviewed September 11, 2012

Comfortable environment, good service. Special martini made with aged pineapple juice outstanding! Enjoyed the tombo, others liked the opa, ahi, and mahi mahi. Excellent appetizers, salads, and desserts. Only complaint - it was all so good I ate about twice my usual capacity! Looking forward to my next meal at this Roy's.

Reviewed September 3, 2012

Had the special...chilean sea bass with squid ink pasta in truffle oil....FABULOUS. Always try the special, you can't go wrong.

1  Thank cnelson791
Reviewed August 24, 2012

While Roy's has always been a favorite spot in Honolulu and other parts of Hawaii, the Roy's in Rancho Mirage was equally enjoyable and a great respite from the hot, steamy days of August in the desert cities. From their Signature Mai Tai's and great Chi Chi's, to a wide variety of very interesting appetizers; Roy's is a great escape from 100-degree desert evenings. Try a Planter's Punch with a Tempura-style Spicy Ahi Sushi Roll with wasabi aouli. Most importantly, the chef's at Roy's know how to perfectly prepare fish and seafood without cooking it to death. My favorite: Roy's Trio with nice pieces of Hibachi Salmon, Macadamia-Crusted Mahi Mahi and Misoyaki sauced Butterfish with a little baby bok choy and sticky rice. YUM! Add a signature dessert like their Pineapple Upside-down Cake with Coconut Ice Cream and you feel like you're sitting on the beaches of Maui. Enjoy!!

1  Thank SOCALGourmet