“Review of Spa Experience”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Spa at Mission Hills
Upland, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Review of Spa Experience”
Reviewed August 18, 2012

It is with great disappointment that I write this review because my family and I have had positive experiences at the Villas. This review is in regards to our Spa experience only and reflects a negative experience that just happened to us. We visited the Spa for a special "mommy- and sister-getaway" and purchased the advertised summer special for $119. While I enjoyed my facial package, my sister shared with me that a few components of her package were obviously missing from her experience. She also said that the whole treatment was rushed and she was out of there in less than 45 minutes. Needless to say, she was disappointed and I was embarrassed as I made the reservations for us at the Spa. The Spa Manager invited my sister back the next day as a "guest" to give the Spa a "2nd chance" as she put it. We interpreted that as her spa experience would be covered by the Westin. However, we were shocked upon checkout that my sister still had to pay over $100 for her treatments! While the massage portion was covered, she still had to pay for the remainder of it. If we had known that we would still have to pay to give the Spa a "2nd chance," why would we come back? We chose not to complain again as this would be for the second time and honestly, we were too confused/stunned at the time. To say the least, we are left confused and we will NOT be back.

1 Thank momcyn

Oahu, Hawaii
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 54 helpful votes
“The spa is terrible”
Reviewed June 30, 2005

I visited the spa yesterday hoping to have a relaxing afternoon.
There is no place to relax there! First of all the sitting area feels like a hallway. The chairs and couches are old and dirty and the magazines are pathetic. It was so stuffy and hot in there and I was quite uncomfortable physically. But I already had a spa appointment for an hour later so I decided to stay as it was 115 degrees out. I ordered some food from room service and I was surprised to find there was no where (yes, no tables or chairs) to sit and eat my lunch! So I sat outside in the heat by the jacuzzi and tried desperately to stay out of the burning sun as I ate. The locker room was old and beat up. I never would have expected this of a Westin.
Even their lotion smelled like a men's cologne. Then I found out from the manicurist (who was delightful) that there air conditioning hadn't worked for days! We all sat there sweating......They should have told me that right at the desk so I could've made a choice whether I wanted to stay at the spa or not. I did not have a relaxing afternoon!

1 Thank idyllwildgirl