“Artisan Pizza.”
Review of Michael's Pizzeria - CLOSED

Michael's Pizzeria
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We know that pizza tastes best when it is wood-fired, that mozzarella should always be freshly made, and that meals are enhanced when paired with the perfect Italian wines. From our service to our atmosphere, our flour to our sauce, this is our tradition-passed down from generation to generation-of Napoli-style pizza. At Michael's Pizzeria, food is heritage.
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My cousin calls this the Best Pizza In The Country, granted this is old school back home in Italy Pizza. They do have some great thin crust pie and some great back home combos.

Carl D, Owner at Michael's Pizzeria, responded to this reviewResponded March 28, 2014

Thank you for referring to our pizza as having "great back home combos", it's quite the compliment. We pride ourselves on being True Naples Pizza! I hope you'll visit us again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed December 1, 2013

We enjoyed a delicious pizza before going to the near-by movie theater. They had a buy-one-get-one-free offer the night they were there, and packed up our extra pie to-go. They offered wine by the glass in 2 sizes, a nice touch. The ambience is an upscale pizza shop. Service was prompt and efficient. I would recommend this place. The menu had lots of things besides pizza and the place was crowded so they must be doing something right!

Thank you for visiting us during your stay. I'm very happy that you enjoyed it. Please come visit again.
Best Regards,

Reviewed November 17, 2013

I have eaten here twice now and both times it was a great experience. I guess since Zagat rated it the best pizza in America that means it needs to be ranked against the greats. I personally like NY Street style or Chicago Style better. (I even like a good St Louis style pizza better than Neapolitan) But...as far as Neapolitan pizza, this is very very good. I would say it ranks right up there with Pizzeria Bianco in Phoenix, 2 Amy's in DC, Punch Pizza in St Paul, Flour + Water in San Fran, and Pizzeria Mozza in LA as well as some of the other great Neapolitan pizzas. Michael's is not just a pizza restaurant. My last trip I had their lasagna which also was very good. I think that the serving size was a little small for $15, but the taste was top notch.

Thank you for being a repeat customer, I'm flattered by your compliments and hope you'll return.
Very Best,

Reviewed November 10, 2013

I had a bad experience a few months ago, but decided to give Michael's another try. Yesterday, I went there for lunch with a friend. We both ordered salads. The cheese, one of only four ingredients in my friend's salad, was missing. It took so long for it to arrive that we thought they'd gone to milk the cow in order to make the cheese. The excuse (offered by both the server and the manager) was that it was a new menu item. Long wait times to order; for the food to arrive; and to obtain the check. It was not busy, but people waited a long time to be seated while staff ignored them. Wait staff seemed very inexperienced and the bowing and scraping by the manager didn't make up for a very disappointing experience.

You'll be very happy to hear that we have completely new management that has really elevated the service! I'm sending you a private message now.

Reviewed November 10, 2013

Great, cool decor! Hip and modern.
Great area..located at The River complex in Rancho Mirage.
Fresh, unique pizzas--delicious, but not filling.
The dishes are also not your typical fare.
The folks who work there are also very friendly.

So glad you enjoyed it, thank you for dining with us!