“Amazing Dinner”

Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Romantic, Business meetings, Bar scene, Special occasions, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Frank Sinatra & Country Club
Description: Family owned & operated, Catalan Mediterranean Cuisine is situated in the heart of Restaurant Row in Rancho Mirage. The restaurant specializes in Western Mediterranean cuisine bringing forth tastes from Italy & Spain. Known to offer one of the most authentic Paella and Tapas experience in the Desert. The restaurant also offers a rustic yet modern atmosphere that is bound to make one have a comprehensive experience of the food. We take immense pride in our staff FOH & BOH who are very committed to offer you the best quality of food and service. The adjacent Boqueria Bar specializes in House Signature drinks as well as offer innovative cocktails while promising the guest an ambiance of elegance and fun. Awards: Palm Springs Best New Restaurant of the Year 2013. RAMMY Award Winner - Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year 2014. Palm Springs Life Best of the Best 2014.
Palo Alto, California
“Amazing Dinner”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2014

Hard to know where to start -- the food was phenomenal. Everything was spectacular. The sangria, on tap (so to speak) was a big hit. The fried calamari was great & the sauce they served it with was really great too. The idea of lamb belly didn't sound good at all, but it was beyond good; worth ordering for sure. The Roasted Bone Marrow Bread Plate was spectacular. Can't say how the marrow was as I had none, but the pate & marmalade & bread (all together) was like eating a gift from heaven. The veal chop was devoured as was the Catalan Spanish Stew. The Catalan Creamed Spinach was rich and smooth. The Cavatappi Veal Bolognese was silky smooth, rich & wonderful. The mussels were also great -- as was their broth with tomatoes & chickpeas. No one had room for dessert. After dinner, the surprise was the Sambucca, it was incredibly smooth.

I'd like to go back to try the Taste of the Mediterranean, 3 Course Menu. The price is less than $25, which seems like a great deal. It's fewer choices, but also a lot less than regular prices. They do offer special pricing some days and have a happy hour too.

The staff was wonderful.. Could not have been nicer.

Visited January 2014

Oceanside, California
“Great setting, incredible service, superb wine cellar”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 26, 2014

Visited this restaurant with friends who are regulars and are we glad we did. The food was well done, the owner was very personable and helpful (he told us about the Sunday wine specials) and the chef Drew came out and greeted us to boot. Hopefully Kiersten will be your waitress and she was also incredible as well. But enough about all the glad-handing with the owner and staff...the wine selection was incredible. The food was great, and the menu had something for everyone. The paella was especially well prepared. I highly recommend.

• Visited December 2013
Palm Springs, California
“Saturday night date night”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 12, 2014

We have eaten here many times since they have opened. The chef/owner is fabulous. Our last visit we were taken care of by Kiersten and she was excellent. Cindy and I had the special from 5-6PM. She had the Flat Iron Steak (repeat dish for her) and I had the seafood Paella. Cindy had a salad (wonderful) as a first course and I had the chicken livers (Great). You also are given a choice of desserts. This family owned restaurant does a excellent job and we will be returning many times. Michelle is one of the bartenders who was off Saturday but we have know her for a couple of years and she is great.
All of the staff and family are warm and friendly. We highly recommend.

• Visited January 2014
Los Angeles, California
“Bad experience”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

We ate at this restaurant with my family I told the waiter we don t eat pork then she recommended to me Paella when she brought it was full of ham sausage she replaced it for another spaghetti dish after insisting
That I don t eat pork .the plate came I start eating again I discovered small pieces of bacon .the Waiter apologies Again but then it was too late for me I lost my appetite already
I would not recommended at all
They don t take it serious when some say don t eat pork

Astoria oregon
1,069 restaurant reviews
“Very nice atmosphere, nice owners, and very well prepared food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The decor is reminiscent of Barcelona. The owners have only just returned from there for a short initial visit this past summer. She a beautiful pleasant Brazilian beauty American husband is the cook and worked for mediterranean restaurant, a famous one in the Hampton's in New York.
Very pleasant inviting and good food. We had the paella price fix meal. Churro's ( chefs choice--not my favorite). We had already committed to this, however better looking and interesting deserts came out of the kitchen.
Beautiful terrace outside for dining once 5:00pm open becomes late afternoon and earlier as season progresses, rather than the dark cold winter evening that it is now.
We will be back.