“A Special Restaurant”

Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children, Bar scene, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Frank Sinatra & Country Club
Description: Family owned & operated, Catalan Mediterranean Cuisine is situated in the heart of Restaurant Row in Rancho Mirage. The restaurant specializes in Western Mediterranean cuisine bringing forth tastes from Italy & Spain. Known to offer one of the most authentic Paella and Tapas experience in the Desert. The restaurant also offers a rustic yet modern atmosphere that is bound to make one have a comprehensive experience of the food. We take immense pride in our staff FOH & BOH who are very committed to offer you the best quality of food and service. The adjacent Boqueria Bar specializes in House Signature drinks as well as offer innovative cocktails while promising the guest an ambiance of elegance and fun. Awards: Palm Springs Best New Restaurant of the Year 2013. RAMMY Award Winner - Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year 2014. Palm Springs Life Best of the Best 2014.
Woodland Hills, CA
“A Special Restaurant”
Reviewed October 31, 2013 credit card Amex Card Member Review

One of our favorite restaurants in Southern California. Innovative and high quality. Chef Drew is very talented. Can't wait to go back.

Visited October 2013

Laughlin, Nevada
“The Taste Of Spain”
Reviewed October 9, 2013

Outstanding! We sat at the bar while awaiting our friends the smells were so inviting. Our Bartender was so helpful explaing the menu. I had a Sangria it was wonderful. Next time I will try their pineapple infused Vodka. For dinner we all has the Paella I would dine there again just for that. We met owner/chef Drew who came out of the kitchen to say hi. Don't miss this restaurant if your in Rancho Mirage. We went for the early Bird seating. Nice selection on a 3 course menu

Palm Desert, California
“Awesome meal, best scallops”
Reviewed October 7, 2013

We went with our friends who have been to Catalan many times! The ambience is vey warm, a little dark, but not terrible. The service was great, attentive without being overbearing. We started with the cured meats, and flatbreads! Best part of our appetizers was the regular bread with the pesto, olive oil and blue cheese! I could have stopped right there! Skip the Paella, it is really mushy rice with some seafood, not good at all! Husband had the scallops and he is still raving about them, we will definitely go back again!

Seattle, Washington
“Very enjoyable dinner in peaceful setting”
Reviewed October 4, 2013

We decided to try Catalan because of the paella. We ate in the dining area and the atmosphere was very peaceful. We started with an octopus appetizer which my husband really liked. I wanted a bit more "kick". The pesto, olive oil, and olives with the bread were very tasty. I loved the pesto with its garlic. Could have eaten that all evening. We had the paella for two and enjoyed their version of the dish. I kept looking for the sausage that is usually in it but not in this version. It was very delicious and gave my husband some ideas for the next time he attempts to make this recipe. There was more than the 2 of us could eat. We finished with dessert that was very tasty. We had a Spanish Rioja wine based on our server's suggestion and it was a very good choice. Service was attentive but not intrusive. We enjoyed our meal and we'll be back.

Yorba Linda, California
“Average at best.”
Reviewed July 14, 2013

It took me a while to write this review. My partners and I went to this restaurant for dinner last April, 2013. We were 8 in the party. I was attracted by the high ratings. The ambience is very nice. The service was attentive and prompt. For starter, I would highly recommend the Catalan chicken liver flatbread. It is very tasty and I could have this as my main course. Even though we ordered individually, we shared our food so we can have a variety of taste. I was disappointed with the Catalan paella. I was expecting for more flavor due to the numerous ingredients that it has. The Roasted Jidori Chicken was tasty but the Pan Roasted Colorado Trout was flat and tasteless. You need to flavor it with a lot of lemons. I highly recommend their Estrella Damn beer which is imported from Spain. Overall I would grade this restaurant as average. I would try some other restaurants in Rancho Mirage before I go back to this place again.

• Visited April 2013