“Yummm!!”

Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Catalan Mediterranean Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #9 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Bar scene, Business meetings, Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Discover, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Off-Street Parking, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Frank Sinatra & Country Club
Description: Family owned & operated, Catalan Mediterranean Cuisine is situated in the heart of Restaurant Row in Rancho Mirage. The restaurant specializes in Western Mediterranean cuisine bringing forth tastes from Italy & Spain. Known to offer one of the most authentic Paella and Tapas experience in the Desert. The restaurant also offers a rustic yet modern atmosphere that is bound to make one have a comprehensive experience of the food. We take immense pride in our staff FOH & BOH who are very committed to offer you the best quality of food and service. The adjacent Boqueria Bar specializes in House Signature drinks as well as offer innovative cocktails while promising the guest an ambiance of elegance and fun. Awards: Palm Springs Best New Restaurant of the Year 2013. RAMMY Award Winner - Fine Dining Restaurant of the Year 2014. Palm Springs Life Best of the Best 2014.
Minden, Nevada
“Yummm!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 21, 2012

Came from out of town for a conference and the is restaurant came highly recommend in from the concierge at our hotel, and was featured in a local dining magazine as well. It did not disappoint. We ordered a nice bottle of wine. I had the scallops, and my other guests had the skirt steak and the chicken. We are all pleased. The appetizers were delicious. A variety of wonderful olive to compliment our experience.

The GM, Andrea made our reservation and seated right away, our waiter Cory was wonderful! Drew, the Chef came out and chatted with us. The entire staff was friendly, the atmosphere was wonderful.

I would have loved to see more tapas on the regular menu too. I guess there are some on the bar menu.

I wish them great success!

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank Tamela T

Palm Desert, California
“You don't have to go to Spain”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 11, 2012

Wife, a Spanish teacher, has been to Cataluna several times. My one trip to Barcelona has made me somewhat knowlegeable. In our estimation, CATALAN is as good as any of the restaurants and tapas bars we encountered there. Reasonably priced appetizers and entrees were enhanced by a large selection of good $25 wines (we shared a rare white Rioja), and exceptional service. An Early Bird prix-fixe dinner is a great attraction, as well. Modern, understated artwork adds to ambience, and is suggestive of Espana. If you are desert rats, like us, or visitors, put this on your don't miss list.

2 Thank Kenneth I
Palm Springs
“Average only because of the front door”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2012

I liked this place. My veal chop was quite tasty and my partner had a nice veal skirt steak. These were both part of a great bargain on the Prix Fix menu. The place was lovely and the service quite adequate. There was one little problem. From my vantage point in the main dinging room I faced the front door. There is no entry way or divider between the front door and the lovely dining room space. Every time someone entered or exited the big front door was open to the parking lot, strip mall and busy street beyond. Just as soon as I was enjoying the beautiful ambience of the interior someone would open the front door exposing to the whole room the reality of the not-so-lovely outside. All they need to do is build a wall separating the entryway from the dining room. The way it is now it makes for bad feng shui and a little disturbing ambience.

• Visited October 2012
Palm Springs, California
“Great Happy Hour”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 1, 2012

We were a party of 8 who went to Catalan for appetizers and drinks. I cannot write a dinner review, but we had various appetizers and they were all very good. Drinks varied; one friend had a wonderful basil martini. I had a lovely rioja and found it quite good. We are willing to try it for dinner as we live in the area.

Los Angeles, California
“Cataluña in the Dessert”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2012

Driving trough Palm Spring and Rancho Mirage we suddenly saw the typical logo for Cataluña and we stopped, turned around to look closer the place. After reviewing the menu and the hours of operation the decision was to go back the same evening to check it out. It was a great decision; we love the cuisine from Spain (we go to Spain at least once a year) and we were not disappointed. We ordered the pre-fixe menu $ 21. I had the Romaine hearts with garlic croutons and anchovy dressing; my husband had the mixed green salad, radishes, cucumber and champagne vinaigrette. Both salads were excellent: fresh ingredients, not too salty and very tasty. As main course my husband had the grill sword fish skewer with grill marinated Romaine lettuce heart, beluga lentils and Romesco sauce. Incredible. I choose the Paella. I am in love with the marriage of flavors that comes from this dish. I was not disappointed. Actually, I was greatly surprise for the quality, flavor and texture. I could said that this was the best Paella I had outside of Spain. Bravo for Drew! The desserts were Cream Sweet Custard with candy orange and toasted almonds and Cappuccino Ice cream with chocolate almond bark. A wonderful choice to finish a marvelous dinner experience. Drew Davis, executive chef, and his wife were extremely warm and welcoming. The whole services was excellent and amicable. One more thing, it was the best value for your money! We are going back next month, October, to try the new Fall menu.

1 Thank Breiza