“Old Spaghetti Factory, Rancho Mirage (Palm Desert/Palm Springs area)” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Old Spaghetti Factory

Old Spaghetti Factory
Ranked #19 of 102 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Dining on a budget, Business meetings, Kids, Families with children, Large groups, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Jonesborough, Tennessee
“Old Spaghetti Factory, Rancho Mirage (Palm Desert/Palm Springs area)”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

One of the worst dining experiences I've ever had and I've lived many places and traveled the world. Food was absolutely inedible and red wine was ice cold. They were obviously short staffed on a Thursday evening, as we had a long wait for a table although many were vacant and hostesses were helping serve. After being seated it took twenty minutes to get a server and then I had to ask. Long wait for the food and then it was absolutely terrible, no exceptions After another long wait for the (requested) check, we left without eating more than a couple of bites. What a disappointment for such a nice building.

• Visited November 2013
1 Thank Dick C

temecula
“A disconnect between the restaurant and the food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

I read the review of Gcastro21 and agree with his comments. My wife and visited the restaurant for the first time. As we walked in we were impressed with the decor. We had expected a simpler interior. The bar area was beautiful with deep rich wood tones. There are many booths also in impressive wood accents. Overall the restaurant had the look and feel of an expensive steak house. We were there for lunch and ordered two pasta dishes.
Both of us felt that there was a disconnect between the beautiful restaurant and the food served.
It is not to say the food was bad tasting. It was simply that it was simple and basic (not to mention inexpensive!) We had expected a more elaborate preparation and presentation to match the look and feel of the restaurant. It was the type of food served at a run of the mill Italian pizza and pasta restaurant. So in that regard it was a disappointment.
The service was terrible. The restaurant was almost empty but it was almost impossible to get our waiter to take care of our table.
I ordered a Hefeweizen beer. The person that poured it (not a bartender) left in on the bar and walked away. The wait staff was no where to be seen. Finally the same person returned later and served me the beer when he realized that nobody was going to do it.. I requested a lemon wedge to go with it. He returned with the lemon in his hand and handed it to me!! We had no silverware so I had to remind them of that. We got a loaf of bread with the meal but no plates to put our bread. I guess they expected us to put them on the table.I had to call her again. After my meal I went to the restroom and saw why we had poor service. The wait staff was in the kitchen engaged in conversation!! simply amazing. The staff needs to be re-trained and they need a new manager.

• Visited October 2013
san diego
“Yumm!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 6, 2013

Big restaurant . We really enjoyed our meals. Our waiter was very friendly and seem to go out of his way to bring extra plates for sharing and our water glasses never were empty.

Visited January 2013
West Hollywood, California
“Reliable, comfortable”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 2, 2013

This is a great standby restaurant for large groups, especialy on a budget. Fresh, delicious food, and lots of it, served with bread, salad and dessert! It's been a family staple my whole life, and I enjoy taking my kids here to continue the tradition.

• Visited September 2013
Astoria oregon
1,069 restaurant reviews
“This is a costco of restaurants, warehouse style.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

We used to visit the Seattle location and now the one here in the desert. Always seemed very busy. The pasta consistenly alright. Different sauces, wine but nothing special. Prices cheap good place for a family or a cheap night out.

• Visited September 2013