“What a nice place!”

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed May 11, 2007

I just returned from a stay at the Hilton Garden Inn in Rancho Mirage California. I consider myself a picky traveler. I want the location I stay at to be clean, neat, and I want to be treated the way I would treat a customer. Well, they did very well on all counts. First the property isn't very old (maybe a few years at best). Very well kept and clean. The breakfast in which I paid for in advance was excellent. They had cooked to order omelettes, french toast and belgium waffles made for you while you waited. Also cold cereals, oatmeal and the usual bagels, sweet rolls and other things. I thought a very good selection even if you paid at their price of $10.00. The pool which was almost empty when I was there is well taken care of. Towels were provided by the pool for you. A nice hot tub also. A very quiet location if you want to relax. The property also is next door to The River ( a shopping complex) and several good restaurants. Try Elephant Bar (lots of choices and good prices for families) and a beautiful pricier restaurant in La Quinta called the Cliff House. Just beautiul set among a rock formation. I would definitely return!

Stayed: May 2007
3  Thank DLB213
There are newer reviews for Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage

Reviewed April 7, 2007

My husband, five year old and I stayed here for two nights over Easter weekend. It was a really fine stay.

The hotel is adjacent to a large shopping plaza with several nice restaurants within an easy walk. Parking is free. The restaurant only serves breakfast (their room service is from the Applebee's down the street). We ate breakfast there one morning and the cooked to order omelettes were great!

The pool was large and clean. My son had a ball. The room was also nice with a small fridge and microwave. Free wireless internet plus a business center available for free. The workout room is pretty minimal.

The hotel is located really well for the activities we wanted to do including the zoo (remember those reciprocal zoo benefits-we saved 50% because we belong to the Santa Barbara Zoo) and the children's museum. It's also an easy drive into Palm Springs proper.

Overall a really nice stay.

• Stayed: April 2007, traveled with family
4  Thank chimera22
Reviewed January 16, 2007

I found this hotel to be fairly average for a Hilton Garden Inn. The check in was fine, no problems. The room was fairly quiet, everything that was supposed to work, worked. The bathroom was average, the room was clean and the bed was comfortable. There was ample parking and although I did not use the pool, it looked nice and maintained.

• Stayed: January 2007
4  Thank westwilshire
Reviewed November 6, 2006

Maybe I'm not as finicky as some of the folks who post reviews here, but I thought this place was good. I read the other reviews and people are complaining about the staff not being helpful, being inexperienced, or not helping them bring food back to the room (well, no kidding...there is no room service!). About the only thing I want from the staff is to check me in quickly, which they did, or to recommend a good restaurant...and for this area they are all over the place, so you've got your pick.

My room was a good size, clean, and well maintained...everything worked. There were plenty of towels for the one of me...so I used them all. The pool was big and clean...not deep mind you, only 5' or so, but plenty of chairs all around. Jacuzzi was hot and bubbly. Looks like maybe they sometimes have a bar out there, but not while I was frolicking about. There is also a small exercise room that has five machines...and a scale for those who want to get depressed.

The AC was a bit noisy, but I've found it's a rare hotel room that has a wall unit that is very quiet. I don't have any problems sleeping so there wasn't enough noise to give me any worries. If you can sleep on a plane or a train, a little hotel noise shouldn't bother, should it?

TV gets about 60 channels and there is free internet service in the room. There's also a small fridge, microwave and coffee maker...all the comforts of home! I was here on business and I would definitely stay here again. Now, if I was coming to the area for a romantic stay, I might pick another place, but for business or family vacations this place fits the bill (which for me with a corp rate was under three figures).

• Stayed: November 2006, traveled on business
9  Thank Swamilama
Reviewed October 21, 2006

This was our second trip to the Hilton Garden Inn and we enjoyed our stay even more this time! Found the staff to be helpful and friendly and nothing was too much trouble. Love the situation next to the River with all its restaurants and shops. Will definitely choose this hotel again on our next visit to the area.

• Stayed: October 2006, traveled as a couple

The Westin Desert Willow Villas
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!