“Outstanding Staff, Hidden gem in desert.”

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
ipswich
“Outstanding Staff, Hidden gem in desert.”
Reviewed January 1, 2010

My wife and I had only planned to stay in this hotel one night as part of a road trip we were taking but ended up staying six nights!
We were made to feel so welcome on check-in and the whole feel of the Hotel, staff and area was so relaxing and enjoyable that we didn't want to leave.
Over the period of our stay we had dealings with several staff, namely Christopher, Sam, Sandra and Melba who were very friendly and really made our stay, making it very difficult to leave.
The hotel is clean, tidy and well maintained. The breakfasts are excellent. If you are looking for a hotel to stay in, in or around Rancho Mirage I would recommend this one.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (94)
vancouver
Reviewed November 24, 2009

Room is clean and light (I hate dark materials and furnishings). Beds are very comfortable. Very quiet both in hallways and surrounding traffic areas. I would stay here again. The only negative I would say is the front desk staff and owners are polite but in an icy and cold efficient way as opposed to friendly, warm and gracious. This would not deter me staying there again, however and I mention it as improvement in this one thing would make customers leave with a warm glow.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank christineinBC
Amsterdam
Reviewed November 5, 2009

Stayed in this hotel for 1 night only , on our way to Las Vegas.
Arrived in the evening : Advise , get your driving instructions via internet and have them in your car. Hard to find hotel in the dark.
Very nice, gay, reception-guys, very friendly and helpful.
Rooms were perfect, spacious and clean.
The pool is superb, too bad it was too cold to swim. Great jaccuzzi.
Breakfast was good.

Outside the hotel is nothing !! Ross is closeby.. Lots of fancy and too expensive restaurants.

• Stayed October 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank BagusAmsterdam
Los Angeles
Reviewed October 29, 2009

I was totally hot for this hotel because of the room that I had reserved had an evolution bed that one can either make softer or firmer. I was really looking forward to spending the night in a bed that would be very comfortable and based on the reviews that I read here, was expecting this.

THIS WAS NOT EVEN CLOSE.

Firstly even though I checked in at 1pm (check in starts at 12pm) "they were out", they said, in fact they were out of King rooms entirely, they said.

BUT Wait -the hostess said, she had one "Handicapped" room available -perhaps this would do?

I took it and did not complain, although there were no down pillows, the bed was "lowered" and the bath was outfitted for someone needing hospital care.

Another negative was the "air conditioner" was very noisy -reminded me that I was not in a moderately priced luxury hotel, but somewhere lower on the food chain.

The bed was clean, although one would expect that, right?

The staff were friendly enough, -although I did not see a lot of other people around, maybe they were all in their rooms enjoying my bed :(

1 Thank TiareFerrari
California
Reviewed October 17, 2009

The Garden Hilton was a very pleasant place to stay. Everything was very clean, the service was very good service, and I will be staying there again!

1 Thank CaliforniaDvm
Redlands, ca
Reviewed October 8, 2009

The hotel staff were very pleasant and helpful, with a phone call to my room immediately to see if I needed anything to let them know. The room was very nice and clean. Being in the evolution room, the bed was very comfortable and so was the ergonomic desk chair. The A/C worked great as well. The hotel location was in a great area, right near The River and was close to several restaurants, stores and shops. We enjoyed our stay and plan on returning very soon.

1 Thank ap1Redlands_ca
North West Queensland
Reviewed October 3, 2009

On our return to Rancho Mirage we had two nights at this property, it is well located and very comfortable. we found the staff helpful and courteous, and may I make mention of the fact I am surprised at guests who complain when asked for a credit card imprint at check-in, it is common place at hotels worldwide even if you have prepaid. I make issue of this as several times whern passing the desk the staff were getting flack from some guests checking in, come on people get with the program and dont yell at the desk staff.
Our room on the 2nd floor was spacious and spotless, well done housekeeping, the bathroom somewhat small but standard issue for this type of property and fully equipped with all amenities. The king bed was very comfortable and TV program selection was good. Our room rate included the buffet breakfast which was excellent, great value and on both mornings served with a smile and excellent service. I used the guest laundry facilities which were immaculate and overall would highly recommend this property to anyone. There is a good size pool area and a wide range of local eateries nearby for all budgets, 'Applebees' next door served us a very good meal for an excellent price and 'Rubys Diner' close by had excellent burgers. Drawbacks, maybe one, our a/c unit seemed to have only two speeds, next to nothing and roaring, we did report it on checkout. We would return and will in 2010...

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!