“Unaccommodating manager, looses customers”

Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Ranked #3 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed October 28, 2013

read previous review. Manager will nor refund charges for a cancellation a week in advance. Opted to loose customer in order to charge for one night. After expending time to resolve the mistake about a wrong date in a form, she will not cancel even do she knows that I was not going to use the room

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ken B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

Unfortunately as your reservation was made through a third party and not with Hilton or the hotel it was not possible. Due to this issue we are not able to change or refund back to you as you paid them. I apologize for your inconvenience, if you wish to make future reservations directly I would be more than happy to help.

Reviewed October 23, 2013

We have stayed in Palm Springs and Palm Desert many times. My wife and I needed a weekend away (again) and we seem to pick Palm Springs when we need to relax and get away from the hustle and bustle of lives stress. The Garden Inn was extremely satisfying and they have a great staff. Palm Springs has great weather and the shopping is the best. A really nice hotel. You will love your stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Hilton Garden Inn
Ken B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded October 29, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive comments. It is so great to hear that you are receiving outstanding service here at the Hilton Garden Inn, Rancho Mirage. It means a lot to me and the complete staff that you took the time to voice your thoughts about our property. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you stay with us again.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

Checked in [never touched the room]. Found out I had to get back to LA..ASAP due to an emergency. Hotel was in high demand and could have re sold the room. Asked for my money back or maybe a credit for next trip. Flat out no was the response.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
1  Thank mark n
Ken B, General Manager at Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage, responded to this reviewResponded October 23, 2013

Sorry to read your response. I understand your frustration with the decision made upon your departure. I know Lois spoke with you and satisfied your request. If you have further questions please feel free to contact me.

Reviewed October 14, 2013

Did the pre-pay so received a great value. Was surprised at where it was (Rancho Mirage rather than Palm Springs) but it was actually in a great, central location for things I wanted to do. I went on a bike tour to the east, hiked the bump and grind hill (not the real name but what locals called it) which was minutes from the hotel, and was a hop skip and a jump from Palm Springs touristy area. Close to the Aerial tramway--which was cool, close to shopping (walk to the River which is NOT a river but a shopping center!).
Clean hotel, nice & professional staff--I would stay there again.

Room Tip: I prepaid and got a room with absolutely NO view--but it was close to elavators and stairs so very c...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo

Thank you for your comment and recommendation. If your travel plans ever find you in the Rancho Mirage area and at Hilton Garden Inn please feel free to ask for me, I would like to introduce myself.

Reviewed October 11, 2013

I stayed at this hotel for one night to go to my CAPA convention. Upon check in I noticed pillows missing from the bed and brought house keeping in to see. Although she verified TWO pillows were missing and was supposed to tell her manager. After returning from my convention I informed the desk staff that the pillows were missing and I never received the pillows. I did not care because it was only for one night. Well take inventory of everything upon arrival at this hotel and force them to take note because I was charged $150 for 3 pillows after I checked out. When I called about this I was met with rudeness and not helped at all.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Quiana W

I’m very sorry for the charge of the missing pillows. As you know we reversed that charge. It was not brought to my attention that you spoke with our front desk about this. Our complete staff works hard to keep each guest comfortable with all the our amenities.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

The lobby in this hotel was beautiful....the staff said it was recently remodeled
with floor to ceiling decorative curtains.
The rooms thougrh had a damp smell. I asked to change rooms.
Julie and Moses were very nice and accommodating. (Robert in the bar ... no so nice.)
The next room was better, but still had a bit of a smell.
The hotel was on a main strip with lots of stores and restaurant.
Water pressure was okay and plenty of hot water.
There were few outlets in the room.
There were plenty of towels and washcloths.
I don't know if I would stay here again

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Sorry for your inconvenience. I know moving rooms can be difficult. Thank you for taking the time to review our property.Please except my apology. If you’re in our are again please feel free to ask for me.

Reviewed October 6, 2013

Lobby area equals some of the Sheratons, and Hyatts we stayed in just on a smaller scale. Lots of space to sit and relax when you don't want to just hang out in your room, which we enjoyed. Our room was very clean with an older traditional look which was surprising considering how the lobby was a more updated traditional/ contemporary look to it. Nevertheless the room with two queens was huge! We paid $139, but I'd like to know how to get the $ 80 price next time. We had free wifi, clock,tv( movies weren't working called and they said they were down. No big deal for us) , micro,fridge, coffee. Also they have free coffee in the lobby in the a.m.. Nice pool. Breakfast buffet with cook to order omelettes $12. The also serve dinner for those to tired to venture out. Next to Applebee's , river village shops with lots of food choices. Close to college of the desert and El Paseo shopping. We will stay here again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the back of the hotel,this hotel is on hwy111 and the racing cars and motorcycles...
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank marleymar

Thank you for your great response. On getting the $80.00 rate, it all depends on the date your looking for and the date your looking. Please keep checking often as we look forward to seeing you again soon.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
#6 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage? Share your experiences!