“Great Pesto!”

Ranked #29 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Italian
“Great Pesto!”
Reviewed May 5, 2013

Tried this place after several friends suggested it. I have fallen in love with the Wheat Spaghetti with Pesto Sauce, Sun Dried Tomatoes and Mushrooms. This has become a favorite! I have already taken my Mom to enjoy the food. She loved it.

• Visited May 2013

Los Angeles, California
“I rate it four stars for the food, but would rate it two stars for the timing!”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

This is a very difficult review to write ... because there are so many inconsistencies at this restaurant ... and the total experience is what makes up the the final impression ... so here it is.
We have been going to this restaurant for several years ... since it opened, actually. The food has always been good to very good to excellent ... but waiting for it over long dims the experience. And this was not just this time .. it has been this way for the past several times
This last time was on a Monday night ... historically slow for restaurants, so we thought we could catch a break ... the restaurant had no more than four tables in use when we arrived ... and we ordered a sandwich and an entree . it took at least 40 minutes to get our food. And when the people who came in after us got theirs before us, we asked the waiter what was happening. The answer was that 'both orders went in at the same time', which was silly, because we were in the restaurant easily 10 minutes before they came in.
Nevertheless, the food was good ... when it finally got to us.
After all that, the waiter had the audacity to ask if we would like dessert ... a tiramisu or chocolate cake? I think not.
Customer service point: if you know the customer is already disappointed in the 'experience', why not offer them a complimentary dessert ... one to share? Since the owner was in the store the entire time, eating at a back table, but facing the restaurant, I would think he would have been alert to the situation. If he wasn't ... well, what can I say?
We have spent many hundreds of dollars at The Slice ... but, unfortunately, no more. If we crave the food, we will order take out and serve ourselves.

Brit in the US
“Fairly good NY style pizza”
Reviewed April 24, 2013

If this were a pizza place in NY, I'd only give it a 2 rating, but it was good NY pizza for the west coast, so I gave it a 4.

Visited April 2013
Big Bear City, California
“Such a great surprise!”
Reviewed April 14, 2013

We went in to Burgers and Beer first and were told there'd be a 20 minute wait, so chose this because we were already in the parking lot, and too hungry to wait. We'd passed it by before because it looks very ordinary from the outside. I'd choose this every time in the future. This crust pizza was great, and you can even get only 1 slice (beats Costco any day of the week!) My husband had pasta with marinara and thought it was great. I ordered the 1/2 spinach salad which was absolutely delicious - be sure to try it!!! I think it was the best and most satisfying salad I've ever had. I plan to go back ASAP

South Bay, CA
“Great tasting food and homemade sauces.”
Reviewed April 9, 2013

The food here was amazing. We are making this a regular stop when we come to vacation here. We ordered the Chopped Salad, BBQ Chicken Pizza, and Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Raviolis.

The salad was delicious with just the right amount of fresh basil to make this salad a refreshing choice. There was plenty of salami and cheeses to make this so flavorful.

The BBQ Chicken Pizza was wonderful. We ate a big fan of NY style (thin crust) pizzas and this did not disappoint. I love that they put the sauce right up to the edge to you can enjoy the flavorful baked in sauce on the crust.

The Chicken & Spinach Stuffed Ravioli was my FAVORITE. The sauce was absolutely the best. It was so tasty that I just had to tell the owner how great it was. He told me they make their sauces fresh everyday. That's the difference! Truly a dish not to miss.

The service was great. The owner walks around and talks to customers and helps his wait staff deliver food and re-fills.

Fabulous experience with fabulous food. We will be back!