“Real Sushi chefs & Really good Sushi!”
Review of Haru Sushi

Haru Sushi
Ranked #45 of 104 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 24, 2014

This is a hidden gem in Rancho Las Palmas shopping center in Rancho Mirage. There is a CVS anchor store opposite side of the parking lot. This is a hidden Gem, literally!
We decided to try it for lunch one day just to see, we were so surprised to see how busy it was and that there were real asian sushi chefs who where making the sushi fresh and artistically.
Obviously there are many people that frequent Haru, they had their own chop sticks with their names on them.. A good sign!!!!
A small place with ample seating and a full house for lunch for sure. Dinner we haven't tried yet, have plans to do so.
Service great, menu items and specialties very good, friendly sushi chefs. A great experience~

Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

Tucked away in a not too populated shopping mall. Very good sushi with an all you can eat offer - you can't go wrong. Loved how they timed the servings instead of bringing everything at once. Warm and friendly couple have the business down. This is a place to relax and enjoy good food and sake... not for a first date. If you decide on the all you can eat deal, eat everything you order or you will be charged. (I love the no waste thinking behind this!)

Reviewed December 3, 2013

It was definitely one of the best all you can eat sushi I have ever had. And it was only $24! I am also very grateful to the stuff - I arrived quite late, the restaurant was closing... but I got everything I wanted and I felt very comfortable! All the stuff showed a lot of patience while I was ordering more and more - but I could not stop, everything was so great! If I am ever back in this neighborhood, I will definitely come back to Haru Sushi.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Small restaurant with friendly owners and wait staff. Very fresh sushi well prepared with attentive service. I was impressed!,

Reviewed August 17, 2013

I'm giving 5 stars (circles) based on AYCE (all you can eat). Some AYCE sushi bars really load up their rolls with rice to try to fill you up and they do the same with their sushi (huge pads of rice and tiny slices of fish). That was not the case here at Haru Sushi and the service could not have been better.

We got lost and arrived late but they still held our reservation and were super friendly. The restaurant is in the CVS and Wells Fargo center but not immediately visible from the main part of the parking lot. It is in the same building as Thai Smile but around the other side.

They have a huge selection of rolls and a decent variety of nigiri sushi. They also let you have salad, noodles, shu mai, tempura, miso soup, fried calamari, mussels and other cooked items when you order AYCE . They even had quail egg shooters. The salad, fried calamari and tempura were great. We also enjoyed the Las Palmas, Ninja, Aloha and Fire Cracker rolls. The albacore was super tasty with garlic, onions and ponzu on it. They also let you order handrolls if you like as well.

We ate a lot and even spilled a drink but they were still so friendly and nice. When they found out we were celebrating my mom's birthday, they not only brought out a free dessert, the sushi man came out with his guitar and they all fully sang "Happy Birthday". It was a super fun surprise and they were so sweet!

I do think this is a mom and pop restaurant and they have their daughter working as well. We were there on Saturday night and it was busy so they had another waitress named Christa who was also very friendly and helpful. Overall this was an extremely positive experience and I highly recommend giving it a try. Fun, delicious and a great deal.