“Really Fresh, Very Reasonable and Great Service”
Review of Haru Sushi

Haru Sushi
Ranked #46 of 103 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Cuisines: Sushi
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
USA
“Really Fresh, Very Reasonable and Great Service”
Reviewed April 18, 2013

Ok, this is not a high endm, super creative blow your socks off sushi restaurant. This is a ver good, very reliable, very clean, very reasonable restaurant that serves good flood without a lot of winbdow dressings and ornaments. Their lucnh and dinner menus offer ala carte and all you can eat pricing. If you order two special rolls (i.e. Dragon and Spider) you will almost spend the same amount as the AYCE price. Unless you are going to eat a very small amount (and after all most sushi lovers don't) choose the AYCE option. This place is very clean, the owners are friendly and the service is great. Can't go wrong here IMHO.

Visited April 2013

Hawkinge, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1,275 helpful votes
“Fantastic sushi and great value”
Reviewed July 28, 2012

We had the all you can eat sushi option here and it was great value for $24. The sushi is all fresh and the choice is very wide - some very imaginative rolls available and included. We loved the Las Vegas and the Volcano rolls in particular. Service was friendly and pretty quick. Tempura was extremely light and excellent. Would definitely return and will do. Thoroughly recommend this little restaurant if you are looking for fantastic sushi in the Palm Springs area.

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank alliebdive
Palm Desert, California
“Best Place Best Price Best Fish”
Reviewed July 1, 2012

The service is second to none. The fish was way better then most places that are more expensive. I will be returning soon as a new regular...........GO!!!!!!!!!

Visited June 2012
“An all you can eat option proves to be a reasonably good value.”
Reviewed March 31, 2012

Lets face it, there are a number of options for Sushi one can choose from between Palm Springs and LaQuinta. In fact there is at least one other that offers an all you can eat option. I've never been too keen on all you can eat Sushi places as they tend to focus on volume and quantity rather than quality and creativity. Generally they will utilize small portions of fish and too much rice (improperly prepared as well).
I recently visited Haru for the first time. It used to be Called Furion, (apologies for spelling) and was quite good. Apparently the owners had to return to Japan and the current owner made his move...right place right time I suppose. At any rate, the dinner all you can eat offering is $24.99. You may select from a fair assortment of rolls and Nigiri as well as miso soup and a few cooked items as well. I had three rolls which would have cost between $8 and $11 each if purchased a la cart. I also had a miso soup, and some salmon Nigiri. If you like it a bit spicy, I recommend "the what the heck roll" with salmon. It's listed as very, very spicy. Chef utilized both Serrano and jalapeño peppers in the making and was probably my favorite of the night. My second roll was a firecracker roll comprised of spicy tuna topped with spicy scallops. It wasn't my favorite. The tuna was spicy but I felt as if they used too many scallops to top it off. I rarely complain about getting too much food but, proportionally for me, it was too much. Also I didn't expect the scallops to be cold. In the past I've had similar dishes where the scallops were broiled on top. The contrast between cool fresh ingredients inside and warm outside was more appealing. My last roll was the Alaska roll and it was decent. I also had salmon Nigiri and found the actual portion of fish to be a little small but not out of proportion with the rice. It appeared that the majority of fish served was precut, I suppose it's necessary in order to keep pace with an all you can eat clientele. Chef / owner was very nice and accommodating. Overall a pretty good value for your money. If your hungry and you typically eat three or more rolls, then you will benefit from Haru's all you can eat plan. When I'm craving Sushi, and I don't want to spend a fortune, I'll stop by Haru.

• Visited March 2012
Boston
“Out of the way location, well worth the trip”
Reviewed March 30, 2012

Great sushi, great prices and excellent staff. Sushi quality was excellent.

Visited March 2012