“Great food, good atmosphere!”
Review of Sabatino's Ristorante Italiano - CLOSED

Sabatino's Ristorante Italiano
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed October 19, 2013

We arrived in Rancho Mirage later than expected and immediately decided to go back to Sabatino's for dinner. We did not have a reservation but were seated right away. The food was great as usual and the piano was playing soft relaxing Italian songs. We love that the place is small and the home made Tiramisu... To die for!

1  Thank Martinerob13

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We had traveled most of the day from the east coast to the west and finally got to Rancho Mirage, CA checked into our hotel and looked for a nice place to eat. We had eaten at Sabation's years ago so we walked in and it was just as we remembered it. It's on the small side, very local, warm and the staff couldn't have been better, Everyone is helpful and nice. The our waitress was Maria who was delightful, we both ordered the Norton Malbec which is always good and it was priced very reasonable. My wife had the Canneloni Contessa and I had the Costolette Parma (a veal cutlet on the bone) both were very good. They came with soup or salad, the soup was home made and excellent. We took our time relaxing, it was a very nice evening. We were glad we ate at Sabatino's.

Reviewed September 20, 2013

Raised in an Italian household where everyone cooked, it was nearly impossible for me to find restaurants that served authentic, delicious Italian food. My wife and I recently moved to the desert and discovered Sabatino's through our new neighbor/friend. The dining area is warm and cozy. I thought to put the kitchen to the test. Spoke with the chef - Chef Ana - and asked if she'd go off the menu a bit. I was longing for pasta with an amatriciana sauce. She said si si and soon after a wonderful caesar salad I was oohing and aahing my way through a magnificent dish of linguini with. My wife and our neighbor seemed to be very happy with their dinners but I was in heaven. Owner Sam was warm and gracious, Bill Marx (Harpo's son) filled the room with standards on the piano. All in all - a wonderful, relaxing, scrumptious evening. We'll be back! Really looking forward to their new “Chef/Family table” concept starting next month.

Reviewed June 9, 2013

We arrived in Palm Springs in mid afternoon. We needed groceries for our condo, and also some dinner. We went to Pavillions for groceries and noticed the small Italian Restaurant in the plaza. We said, "why not". We had a very good dinner and although the owner? was the most expressive person, the waitress was very good. We tend to eat dinner early, so we missed the piano players. We went back to this restaurant a few times during out 3 weeks in Rancho Mirage. Would recommend.

Reviewed April 26, 2013

The food here was great. A nice quiet place with a piano player who took requests and seemed to know every song ever written. Worth the visit.