“Attended tennis tournament”

Rancho Las Palmas Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Resort golf course offers 27 championship holes with Bermuda Grass greens and plenty of water hazards.
Reviewed November 27, 2011

One of the 3 properties where are tennis tournament was taking place (Palm Springs Open). The tennis court facilities were excellent, as were the little snack bar between the tennis courts and the golf area. Food was good and great value.

The tennis courts were very nice, plenty of seating area to relax and enjoying watching other tennis matches.

Reviewed October 20, 2011

Only complaint was some of the ball cleaners were broken,though the service and staff overcame that slight problem

Reviewed June 6, 2011

My wife and I just got back from playing at this course. It was a great deal for $29 and the course was in good shape. We played the west and south course but there is a drainage on the first hole of the west cousre that comes into play. The ground is soakin wet so be careful or your shoes will be soaked. Also, Las Palmas never raked the traps so you could be hitting out of somebody elses foot print and No bathrooms on the course. Otherwise, I would play this course again.

1  Thank Utah_traveler99
Reviewed April 11, 2011

Can't address anything about the resort, as we didn't stay there, but I want to warn away anyone wanting to play golf there. It looks beautiful when you drive up, but only 5 of the 18 holes we played looked anything like this. All the rest were way worse than your local muni!! We played the North and West 9s, and almost all of the North course just went back and forth across a big drainage area, like the kind that runs under your local highway, but w/ grass. We played on a Sun. mid morning, and there was no refreshment cart at all, and because of a tennis event going on there, there was a line at the snack bar. So no way to get food/drink at the turn either. Additionally, they were re-doing several of the fairways on the north 9, but didn't offer a price break at all and we were not told of the renovation until we got to our carts and got a local rules sheet that indicated the special rules in place as a result of the work being done. $80 was the discounted (golfnow.com) rate, instead of the usual $ 95-110 they usually charge. It wasn't worth $35! Skip it! Play Escena for the same price and have a fab experience on a gorgeous course!

Reviewed April 9, 2008

My husband and I just came back from a quick 24 hour trip to the desert. We stayed at the Hyatt Grand Champions Resort. I originally booked our tee time here. But, at the discounted guest rate of $170 per peron.....well, GolfNow.com had a course and price that was more to our budget. A total for 2 at $181.80 at Rancho.

Friendly is just not enough to describe the service we received here. The Starter man was low key, relaxed, and super nice. Some of the Club Members seemed a bit put out and were, shall we say, snotty, but this gentleman just let the rudeness slide off his back.
I've only been golfing with my husband for a year, but I've fallen in love with the game. As a fairly newbie golfer I was just SO impressed with Rancho. I even had to touch the greens, sounds silly, but wow, just an incredible course. Absolutely every portion seemed perfect. I played at Poipu Bay, Kauai this last August for the first time. I had that same kind of "oh this is so beautiful" feeling at Rancho.
If there is a complaint here, it's with the resort. When you play the hole inside the area where the outdoor restaurants are located, the water in the man made lakes stink really, really bad.
A beautiful weekend, I can't wait till we go back again and try another course. As we drove around we saw so many beautiful courses to play! It's good we're only an hour or so away.