“Another Great weekend Thanks to the Staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
Reviewed May 12, 2013

Another wonderful weekend at this property. Warm and welcoming staff. Clean and up to date rooms. You just cant ask for anything more. Raquel, and Daniel exceptional customer service. I wish to personally thank Mr. Perter Morales (GM) for his great efforts in managing such a great property!!!!

Room Tip: Head over to Babes (walking distance) for a great dinner BBQ is the best!!!!
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Reviewed May 11, 2013

We had to stay here rather than at our go-to place, the Embassy Suites in La Quinta (this was Stagecoach country music festival weekend, which made for some fun people watching, but full hotels). This Holiday Inn appears to be a fairly new property. The location is good, right across from The River shopping center on the main highway. The room was good, the pool was refreshing (air temps were in the mid-100s), and the pool area was ok, if a little dirty from partyers the night before. The front desk folks were friendly. The free breakfast was adequate (please size the lids to your coffee cups correctly, so that your guest don't spill coffee on themselves as they sip through the lid).

There were some annoying issues though, which merit only an average rating. Wi-fi - OMG, s l o o o w. I finally just gave up. And the ice machine on our floor was out of service. Maybe this place was not as new as I thought. The bathroom had no ventilation. Oh, there was a vent cutout in the ceiling, but no fan, and no air circulation, so that the room steamed up immediately. Also, in the bathroom, the shower curtain rod was one of those curved rods, supposed to give you a feeling more room. It was either broken or not installed correctly, because it sagged, causing the shower curtain to droop toward the center of the tub area, pulling away from the head and foot of the tub area, and letting water splash onto the floor. As I checked out I did let the managers know about the last 2 issues, and they acknowledged them with a bit of a shrug.

So, in a pinch, I might stay here again, but I would not seek it out.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Steve_mcn
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Dear Steve_mcn,

Thank you for your feedback and for choosing our hotel. I am pleased to read that you liked our location and you found our reception staff to be friendly. However, please accept my apologies that you were inconvenienced by the Wifi connection and room amenities' condition being sub par. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Pam G

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Located 20 mins drive from Downtown. Free parking. Rooms were spacious and clean, only criticism is that there was insufficient control over the fan speed of air con. The complimentary breakfast was excellent and the staff were friendly and helpful. There were restaurants and shops a few minutes walk away in the Riverside Shopping Plaza

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank R064
Reviewed April 8, 2013

For the second year in a row we stayed in a hotel in the Rancho Mirage area over the Easter weekend (previously used Best Western) - this hotel was priced the same but was lacking in a number of ways (we used "points" on this visit). The hotel was fully booked so we were placed in the room right next to the laundry room - besides having to navigate around all the laundry carts we had a high pitched ringing in our room. When we complained we learned there was nothing they could do - it was a known issue that developed when they replaced the water pipes to the laundry room. Even without this issue the room was extremely dark with only one window in the bedroom - the sitting area had no natural light. The furniture was cheap and poor quality. The pool size is very small - appropriate for very young kids - preteen or teenagers would be frustrated by the size. Breakfast room and supply not sufficient for the number of guests in the hotel (juice needed to be refilled, pancake batter needed to be refilled, etc.). And for the first time staying in a hotel I noticed the quality of the toilet paper - it was cheap and poor quality.

Room Tip: Do not stay in room 115 - it is next to the laundry room and has a constant ringing that will not go...
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank PJGreaves
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear PJGreaves,

Thank you for your feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We’re sorry we fell below your expectation regarding the room condition, pool and breakfast selection. We will address these points. I assure you the feedback of our hotel will be reviewed and most certainly forwarded to the appropriate departments. We take the confidence our guests place in us very seriously and work diligently to rectify any unsatisfactory experiences We hope you give us a chance in the future to show you how great our hotel is.

Orlando A.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This hotel is just ok. needs some updating. we had gone in two weeks before to book our room (king suite) as we were staying for 5 days and wanted the extra room. asked for a top floor as I don't like people above me,when we got there found out we were on a bottom floor,was told I could change if I found I didn't like the room,hard to do when they are full. needless to say the floor above had a real squeak everytime someone walked across and the person above was very heavy footed. the staff were very nice and the place is close to lots.so has that going for it

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank cznana
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 26, 2013

Dear cznana,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. Your comments are highly valuable to us and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Please accept my sincere apology for the shortcomings you have experienced during your stay. We are hospitality professionals who pride ourselves on delivering world class service and for that reason, your comments will surely be looked into. I have taken notes of your feedback and assure you that proper measures will be taken to ensure that there will not be a recurrence.

I look forward to having the opportunity to host you in the near future to allow you to experience our commitment to quality and service.

Krysllin G.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My girlfriend and I stayed in this hotel for 4 nights in March while playing in a tennis tournament. It fit our bill exactly as we needed to be in a central location . It is walking distance to The River complex that has many restauirants including the not to be missed Babes for barbecue and beer. Back to the Holiday Inn Express- It is a basic hotel, small property with about 80 rooms. My room had 2 queens, bed was very comfortable, separate room with a couch. Plenty of room for my clothes, plus a fridge,microwave and sink. I used the spa which was nice. There is also a pool. Free wifi, parking and full breakfast. I had a AAA discount and was upgraded to a suite. My only proplem was that for 4 days, my room key continuously became de magnetized. The staff at the front desk tried to help me by redoing the key but the problem persisted.. They were very gracious but it was frustrating when I could not get into my room. They did give us a $40 crecit for our trouble. It is not the Ritz Carlton but the is a great place to stay in Rancho Mirage area.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank susan420
Reviewed March 25, 2013

This is a very average hotel in Rancho Mirage and cannot compare to The Westin where we have stayed or Rancho Las Palmas where we have enjoyed two excellent meals. This is a very ordinary hotel with a small pool and the morning we were there the pool towels were all over the place.

We had a room by the lobby which was like a tunnel and was not a room we wanted to spend time in. We checked in late at night, after 9:00 and were not given any kind of discount. We paid $139/night during the week which was overpriced for this basic hotel chain.

Breakfast is your basic continental that is served in a hotel chain. We needed a room for a quick overnight business trip to the area but would not stay here again with so many amazing options in the area. The cucumber water was a nice touch in the lobby that we enjoyed since it was very hot the second day we were in the desert. This was not a hotel where we wanted to "linger." :)

Room Tip: Room 131 was like a tunnel, long and narrow, not recommended
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank syrahgirl
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area, responded to this reviewResponded April 10, 2013

Dear syrahgirl,

Thank you for posting a review of our property. It is pleasing to know that you found our location to be convenient. However, I am sorry we were not able to exceed or at least be at par with your expectations on many aspects of your stay. Your comments have been documented and this will be forwarded to the appropriate departments to consider for review.

Pam G.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Cathedral City (Palm Springs)
4 mi away
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
The Westin Mission Hills Villas
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Holiday Inn Express Palm Desert / Rancho Mirage
Staybridge Suites Palm Springs Cathedral City Golf Resort
The Westin Desert Willow Villas

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Address: 71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, Greater Palm Springs, CA 92270-4496
#4 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Price Range: $104 - $484 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travelocity, Orbitz, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com, Cancelon and TripOnline SA so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area CA - California Desert