Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Ranked #7 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
“Clean but Noisy”
Reviewed March 20, 2012 via mobile

The good; Staff were excellent, Rooms are clean and spacious, and breakfast was very good. Location is great with lots of shops and restaurants with-in walking distance.

The Bad; showers are very noisy, especially from the adjoining rooms. The pillows were lumpy and uncomfortable.

Overall it is what you would expect at this price range.

Stayed March 2012
1 Thank Paindoo

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
Reviewed March 13, 2012

Very average hotel with a good location, a helpful staff and a big problem with noise. You hear people above you, people on the next room, people in the hall, etc. if they soundproofed the place it would be fine and a reasonable deal.

• Stayed March 2012
2 Thank Kenn334
MN
Reviewed February 13, 2012

The staff here was very friendly and helpful. The room was nice, but I agree with a previous comment about the water pressure. It was very uneven. That's the only thing I can really complain about.

It was quiet and within walking distance to a shopping mall with many restaurants.

Room Tip: There is a room right outside the elevator on the second floor. My aunt was given this room, and was...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank JenGoesOnTrips
Marina del Rey, California
Reviewed February 2, 2012

Stayed here on New Year's eve and enjoyed the facility. Great location, nice facility and good value. Plan to return later this year for a get-away.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
Tacoma, Washington, United States
Reviewed January 24, 2012

My family of five stayed at this hotel in January 2012. We stayed in a King Suite and were pleased with the size and accomodations of the room. The decor is very nice and the room was clean. The king size bed was very comfortable with nice bedding. The breakfast was very nice, everything that we needed was provided. The kids loved the pool and the proximity of the hotel to restaurants (across the street at the River Mall). The staff at this hotel were very kind and helpful, willing to work with us on any additional needs we had. From the front desk to the maid service, everyone was extremely friendly and had a smile on their face. I would definately stay at this hotel again and would recommend to my friends and family.

• Stayed January 2012, traveled with family
southwest
Reviewed January 5, 2012

Stayed here for a couple nights, first time visiting the whole area of Palm Desert. First, the hotel was another one previously, but then it was updated somewhat to be a Holiday Inn & Suites. There are still some bugs to work out, but our room was clean & very roomy. Breakfast was the usual fare, needs to be kept a little warmer like the eggs, sausage etc. One morning they were out of butter, so no toast for me, need butter & jam on mine. Like I said, it's just some of the more minor things that need to be addressed. The location is great, right next to some shops, eating & water area with fountains. The girls at the front desk were really sweet. Some Holiday Inns have free complimentary drinks in the evening, but not here. This hotel is more of a basic hotel than some of the other Holiday Inns we've stayed at. For the money I would recommend it, more important for me that the room is clean & roomy.

Room Tip: I always opt for the top floor so as not to hear any stomping overhead, just my thing I am particula...
  • Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
WESTMINSTER
Reviewed January 3, 2012

Rom and property features/condition rank differently for travelers. Here is our list of positives and disappointments:

The Disappointments:

Shower: Very little water pressure. Difficult to get the soap and conditioner out of my hair. Also, I could feel the pressure change as I heard bathroom activity in other rooms.

Heating/Air Conditioning: LOUD. The system is a typical wall unit and unfortunately it didn’t really work effectively on the entire room. It was right next to the bed so when we needed it on to cool the room, it just about froze my husband – the person right next to it. From now on when in Palm Springs – where air conditioning is almost always needed – we will seek out hotels that have the “central air” type design with thermostat.

TV: Analog. Great, large flat screen TV with analog signal. Grainy picture. Also not a great channel selection.

Breakfast: There was actually good and bad here. The food was the typical HIE fare – fine. The scrambled eggs were very good but the neat was greasy and poor quality – but I find that everywhere. The biggest problem was the space. Too, too small.

The Good:
Cleanliness: The room was clean – the bedding very fresh.

Staff/Service: Overall very good. The only snag was that as Priority Club members we were offered a late check out – 2:00 PM. We confirmed that we would like that and I also called the morning of check out to confirm our check out time. When we got back to our room after breakfast out (about 1:00 PM) our key did not work. Had to go to the front desk to get re-keyed. The staff was nice, but I got some mumbo jumbo about keys being automatically reset at 12 or some such story. Then what was the point of offering the 2:00 PM check out and why couldn’t the “system” have been overridden when I confirmed we were all set for 2:00 PM? Not a huge deal, but just frustrating.

Location: Applebee’s Restaurant shares the same parking lot and The River shopping and dining complex is across the street. There is also a lot of good shopping in the area and it is an easy drive to the Agua Caliente Casino and other attractions. Clean, safe, newer area.

Bed: Was pretty comfortable. Not too soft, not too firm.

Overall our stay was fine. We really liked the location but the shower and air system were probably deal breakers for us. We paid $129 per night for our room and stayed Dec. 31 & Jan 1. I feel like that is the max rate it is worth. If you can get a better deal, I would recommend the hotel – if not, look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Ask for a 2nd story (top floor) room away from Hwy 111.
  • Stayed January 2012, traveled as a couple
#1 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Hampton Inn & Suites Palm Desert
Best Western Plus Palm Desert Resort
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area? Share your experiences!

Additional Information about Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area

Property: Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area
Address: 71730 Highway 111, Rancho Mirage, CA 92270-4496
Location: United States > California > California Desert > Rancho Mirage
#4 Family Hotel in Rancho Mirage
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area 2.5*
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with IHG, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotwire, TripOnline SA, Priceline, Hotel.de, Cancelon, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Rancho Mirage - Palm Spgs Area CA - California Desert