“Nice place and good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: American, Seafood
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Yucca Valley, California
“Nice place and good food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 4, 2014

I would say overall a good place to eat the prices are right in line with the food. Nice selection of different foods and really good staff. I would like to have seen a little better variation of food preparation. All seafood was offered either steamed or grilled. I love deep fried clams and they were not on the menu that I could see. The other thing I noticed is that the bake pots were only available if there were 2 or more eating from it and charged per person. I would like to see individual pots available.

• Visited May 2014

“Very good seafood but QUIRKY policy!!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2014

25+ senior tennis players and wives went here Tuesday, March 18. The service was very good in spite of our large numbers. The food choice was excellent and the taste fine. But here is the bizarre part: WHY WHY WHY would the manager come chastise our group for getting drinks at happy hour prices in the bar and bringing them to the outdoor tables?) I should mention the bar was packed with no place to sit, but that isn't even the point.) There should NEVER be a happy hour price inside and regular price outside the bar. It simply alienates the customers before they even place a food order. We are a group who spent hundreds of dollars but feel like we will not go back because of their ignorant, polarizing policy. Ridiculous.

• Visited March 2014
2 Thank Racketo
Palm Desert, CA
“Formulaic”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 2, 2014

Seriously: 4 out of 5 stars? They must hire people to write good reviews. I think people who go at night have a better experience than perhaps lunchers do. At lunch, the restaurant is dingy and dark, and the 80's called and want their decor back! The food is basic, at best. The "soup" and salad special offered one "soup:" chowder, and that was it. It came glutonous in a little cup, lukewarm, ick. The salad was on one of those petal-shaped plates and was also basic: open a bag, place one - and only one! - little cherry tomato on the side. Nary a bit of actual cheese was found in my blue "cheese" dressing. I had a great time with my friends. But there were very few folks joining us there when places like Sherman's is packed.

• Visited April 2014
1 Thank LovingPD
Farmington, New Mexico
“Good Atmosphere, Food & Service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

Six of us dined here on a Friday evening. The place was packed and we had a short wait, but not as long as we anticipated.

Despite the crowd, our waiter, who was obviously working hard and fast, was cheerful and courteous. We were promptly provided with menus, and as soon as we appeared ready to order our waiter was poised to write.

The menu says they serve fresh fish "when possible". I ordered the grilled salmon, but our waiter couldn't say for sure if it was fresh. It was advertised a wild caught, which is important to me.

In any event, the salmon was prepared very nicely, and seemed to be fresh. Whether it was or not, it was tasty.

Another in our party ordered mahi mahi, and said that it was excellent.

After the place quieted down a bit, our waiter accommodated our request for some photos, and was gracious throughout the course of the evening.

The Crab Pot is on our list of restaurants to return to.

Visited March 2014
1 Thank Tom O
Palm springs
“Ugh”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2014 via mobile

Absolutely the worst service I've ever had...and I've been around a few years. We asked for water no less than a half dozen times, things came out piecemeal...my food was sent back, and a new order never arrived. Do yourself a favor...go somewhere else!

Visited March 2014