“great location, parking and service, food okay but pricey.”
Review of The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar - CLOSED

The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed February 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited here our first time and were happy with service and ambience. Food was okay but pricey. four of us ate dinner with only 2 drinks no appetizers or deserts, 115.00$

There are newer reviews for The Crab Pot Restaurant and Bar

Reviewed January 31, 2013

The Crab Pot has a special room built which replicates the cabin of a crab fishing boat, including a very realistic robotic Captain Jack, who swivels on his chair and provides a running commentary over a 40-minute show. You must reserve to be in this room, the "windows" of which are video screens.
The owner and his son went to Petersburg, Alaska, and made a video of a commercial crab fishing trip. This video has been adapted to provide a near-360º view of the entire outing, from casting off at the wharf, through various adventures at sea and back to tie-up at the wharf, which you watch through the window/video screens.
The room accommodates about 16 or so, but there were just seven people at one long table along the side of the cabin celebrating a 9-year old’s birthday, and just My Beloved and me on our long table on our side of the cabin. While in the cabin of the boat, the floor actually moves to provide the impression of riding the waves. At one point, the boat hits a large submerged object, which shakes the entire cabin and can really startle one. By sound, Captain Jack talks to his crew and they say they are trying to patch the hole. At another point, smoke erupts through the floor at Captain Jack’s feet, which causes him to send out a May-day to the Coastguard and a conversation ensues, only to end when the crew assure Captain Jack that the fire has been extinguished.
At the beginning of the show, your waiter takes drink and appetiser orders, which are delivered to you while you are at sea. My Beloved chose a long Blue Tsunami and strips of calamari. I chose an equally long Summer Hummer and, surprise, surprise, crab cakes. He also takes your orders for main courses, so that after the show, you are led to your table (we had previously chosen one outside on the patio) where we found our bottle of Merlot sitting ready for us, to be followed very shortly with our main courses. My Beloved’s main was Ahi Tuna, medium rare, which came with French fries, broccoli and zucchini. I had chosen something I have only eaten uncooked before, as sushi, yellowtail. I thought that I could eat most of the items on the menu at any fish restaurant, but I had never seen yellowtail, grilled, on a menu before, so I had chosen it, along, again, with French fries and the same veggies. I had to admit, however, that the Ahi tuna was more flavourful and tender than the yellowtail, which was still good.
These days, I always eat the veggies first, so that with my tummy not accommodating as much as it did fifty years ago, I have room for the main item and some, not all, of the fries. Wow, how things change as one gets towards a mature four score years!
Being the birthday boy, I was entitled to a free dessert. Three were offered: a walnut ice cream on an Orio-type base; a lemon sponge cake with rhubarb and strawberry topping; and, yes, yes, a chocolate brownie with vanilla ice cream on top. Mmm! We agreed to share and the waiter assured us that we would never be able to eat one each and that the brownie was the smallest of the three. Well, if that was the smallest, I hesitate to dream about the size of the others. But, it was warm out of the oven and deliciously moist and chocolatey.
What a delicious meal – and an adventurous one on the sea!
Food and drinks for two of us, including 20% tip, $120.

Reviewed January 8, 2013

Our overall experience at the Crab Pot was average. We loved the idea of the pot of seafood similar to a low country boil. The pot came with potatoes, corn, andouille sausage, mussels, clams, shrimp, and crab. They pour it out on the table in front you and then you have at it. It is a very fun idea. Unfortunately we left hungry (small serving size) and the food was only average. Many of the clams and mussels were empty which was disappointing. The service was friendly and quick. We felt it was expensive for the amount of food provided.

The highlight of the meal was dessert. I love mud pie and the serving size was huge. Great finish to an average meal.

Reviewed January 4, 2013

We had reservations for 7 for the Saturday night between Christmas and New Year's, but we didn't need them. The place never even came near to filling up. Everyone in our party ordered fish and all were satisfied with their dishes. Since I'm not a fish-lover, I ordered the fish and chips (not the halibut and chips, which is $6 more). The chips (french fries) were on the cold side and just ordinary--no special seasoning. The fish looked and tasted like something I could buy at the grocery store and bake in my oven.
Our waiter had a good sense of humor and made our experience more pleasurable. In my opinion, he was the best part of the night.
So, my advice is to come for the service, but not necessarily for the food.

Reviewed December 22, 2012

We have been here several times and each time has been a good experience.
We now like to sit in the bar area. we fairly early so whether we make Happy Hour menu our dinner or dine off the regular menu we feel comfortable in the bar area.
Happy hour here is very good for beverage and eats at discount pricing.
There is also a seasonal menu with specials in the bar not in the dining room.