“A nice older course, with great service”

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Rancho Mirage Country Club
Sacramento
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 87 helpful votes
“A nice older course, with great service”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I played this course for the first time in February 2013. The staff were friendly. The course was in very good shape, and the greeens rolled a bit slow, but true. Beware that this is a very tight course, with narrow fairways. So if your a high handicapper, you might need to bring a few extra balls. Overall, a very enjoyable course, with excellent vistas and some challenging holes. And the price is great on standbygolf.com.

Visited February 2013

Chicago, Illinois
11 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Not for the casual golfer”
Reviewed November 25, 2012

If you are a casual/recreational golfer, under 65 who wants to have a good time with friends, do not golf this course. My husband and I were paired up with an older couple who became agitated if we took more than 3 strokes per hole and then hassled by the course coordinator when we asked to play separately from them. Eventually we were able to play by ourselves, but even though we went in the afternoon, the course was full of older people who were in a huge rush and couldn't enjoy the game. After playing the courses at The Phoenician in Scottsdale earlier in the week, this was a huge (and very disappointing) difference. The course itself was nothing special and I'm sure there are better courses to play in the area for this price.

Visited November 2012
Calgary
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“Early bird catches the worm”
Reviewed November 23, 2012

Played twice this trip as a single and loved the course. I dropped in and was sent out first at 6:50 am and paid $59 including the cart. Played in an hour and 35 minutes and was home before the wife knew I was gone......great for another round, as she suggested. Went back two days later, again hoping to be the first to play as the wife wanted to go shopping......a threesome was cutting through the parking lot to get to the first tee and asked me to join them, which I did......man was it nice to meet three strangers who all played fast......we were done in 3 hours and 15 minutes....

Course was in pretty good early shape for the season and the greens putted very well.......if you draw the ball or hit it left off the tee the tenth hole will be something you talk about later......short par 4 but because of a tree in front of the tee you have to bend it right pretty good to hit the fairway......or bounce it off the boundry wall and you will be in great shape

Will return in the future........had limited dealings with the staff as I just wanted to get out on the course

Visited November 2012
1 Thank jcrrorison
Denver, Colorado
“golf course”
Reviewed October 30, 2012

great rates for such a nice course and is well managed. played 18 holes at a good pace and would return to play again the next time I am in town.

Visited October 2012
Vancouver BC
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 105 helpful votes
“Nice course”
Reviewed May 19, 2012

We got a great deal at the course and felt the value for what we paid was excellent.

Visited May 2012