“The "Locals" Place You Should Visit”
Review of D' Carlos Italian Cafe - CLOSED

D' Carlos Italian Cafe
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Huntington Beach, California, United States
“The "Locals" Place You Should Visit”
Reviewed January 1, 2013

The "Fam" just got back from another vacation to the Palm Springs area. We went back twice (in 5 days) to this restaurant. I had the lobster curry and the wife had the osso buco each time. Why mess with perfection! They've got really good food and know how to fill a wine glass!!!

I also recommend any type of pizza and fried cheese for an appetizer.

• Visited December 2012

Dallas, Texas
“Great local Italian spot!”
Reviewed November 16, 2012

This spot is unassuming by its location, but is a great place! Located in a strip center you would have no idea of the food they produce. An extensive italian menu is available as well as pizza. The pizza uses fresh ingredients and is to die for! The pasta dishes are huge and delicious. This has become the favorite Italian of me and my friends! Service is great and friendly!

• Visited November 2012
poway
“A Disappointment”
Reviewed October 29, 2012

D'Carlos was actually recommended to my parents who live in Indian Wells by someone in Seattle, Wa. My parents tried it a couple times and were satisfied- good food, fair pricing- however this past weekend my parents brought our entire family to the restaurant and what a DISASTER. We probably should have left when immediately after being seated everyone around us was returning their food and or complaining- but we didn't- Our server was possibly one of the worst servers in the desert-not only did we give our order and never see her again- we were never offered refills of water or wine? We had to return things to the owner for correction as the server took our order and never showed up again- the food was mediocre at best- cold pasta, tough shrimp, The owner was running around the restaurant with sweat dripping down his face. It was apparent things were not going well for us and sadly never addressed our table. Other tables were complaining they had run out of pizza dough (this was a Saturday night at about 7 pm???) and others were returning their food as it was cold too. Our table was making a best effort to enjoy the company of one another as this was a family reunion with none of us living close. UGH! The meal was not cheap, food okay at best, and service HORRIBLE. Although my parents have been here previously- they may in fact not return. There is no excuse in this economy for poor servers-or kitchen workers( as I would guess something horrible had happened in the kitchen that night). Upon paying our meal we waited around to speak to the owner but he never came back out front. I personally would not return- there are many other restaurants in the desert to choose from.

• Visited October 2012
2 Thank calvinpoway
Portland, OR
“Wonderful Italian food at a reasonable cost”
Reviewed September 27, 2012

My husband I and I been coming to Di'Carlos for some time now. The food is always excellent, the servings are generous and the service very accommodating. The pizza is exceptionally delicious as is the pasta with the different sauces.

• Visited September 2012
Rancho Mirage, California
“Good meal”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

First time to eat in the restaurant. Food was good and didn't think it was overpriced except for the salad not being included. I had the veal Parmesan and it was a very generous portion. Dining companion had the chicken piccata and said it was salty. My wine glass was so full I had to take a sip before lifting it off the table (don't know how the waitress could even carry it). I'd go back.