“Try the French Onion Soup!”
Review of bluEmber

bluEmber
Reserve with OpenTable
bluEmber is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #37 of 105 Restaurants in Rancho Mirage
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Rancho Las Palmas Drive
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Great French Onion Soup! Pair it with a caesar salad and you're set. We also tried the Farmer's Market Pot Pie which had lots of tasty veggies in a light sauce with a flakey crust, and also tried the seared scallops that were very good! A slice of coconut layer cake finished off a tasty meal and great service.

Reviewed February 15, 2013

Nice and relaxing evening. Have a pretty good wine list and band was lovely. Good martinis too. Service was a bit slow but we weren't in any rush.

Reviewed February 4, 2013

We enjoyed our meal at this beautiful resort. The lobby had a display of an intricate Gingerbread house with a model train, and one of the cars was CN which was a lot of fun, The lobby has a huge fireplace and a number guests were enjoying the blaze. Until I spotted a display nearby, I was unaware that Rancho was in the same group of hotels as The Del in San Diego. Our resevations were at Bluembers and we were directed the outdoor seating area where the signature fire pits with the blue embers are located. I believe that restaurant seating in this area would be very lovely, but not in the December Desert chill though a few families with children in tow were gathered there. Our meal was excellent from start to finish thanks to the serving staff and in particular the manager, Robert, who suggested a brilliant new wine. Our meals were beautifully , and expertly prepared and included a steak dinner, A Caprese salad, and my scallop dish. All were very good indeed , but the star of the evening was the crab and seafood appetizer. When I next return I will make a meal of these and sample one of the interesting salads. Seating is at round wooden tables in a room not far from a lively bar. No fussy pink Tablecloths. Best of all, dress is casual. After a day of hiking this really appeals to me...but dress up if you like. This is an elegant, welcoming and well managed place and made for a memorable night out.
I would recommend this for a couples night out or a special occasion. The chef has put together a hip menu and I understand that food is served well into the evening at the bar, and on that evening there was a live band.

Reviewed January 28, 2013

We had a breakfast buffet included in our stay, so we took advantage of it. The buffet was decent, it has one table of cold selections and one of hot offerings. It wasn't anything super impressive, but good enough for breakfast.

We walked by it at night and Bluember had live music. It looked like a fun place for after dinner drinks. It has extensive patio seating.

I would go back for breakfast if it was free and might try it for dinner or drinks if i was staying in the area.

Please visit my blog for pictures of BluEmber and other musings from our desert vacation.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

We had a lovely meal at the bluEmber with not one, but two entrees - sounds like a lot, but I ate it all with gusto! Absolutely delicious and the service was excellent as well. Highly recommend the bluEmber!