“Casino games turned off”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
California
“Casino games turned off”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 17, 2010

The hotel was nice but the casino had slot machines turned off on purpose because it was slow (wed/thurs) and not cost efficient to have them all turned on. Most of the ones turned off were in the non-smoking section. We went to the other casinos is the area and they all had all of their machines available. It would seem that for as much money as they bring in they could operate the entire casino.

Steakhouse was great, especially the onion soup!

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with friends
1 Thank VAECalifornia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (153)
Southern California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 1, 2010

This is an update from the review I did a year ago. We have stayed here several times since my last review. We always stay 2-3 nights. We are Black Card holders now which means we get everything comped and stay in a suite. Our first visit was in a regular pool view room. The suite is awesome. It is very large and luxurious with ~1200 sq. ft. There is a separate very large bedroom. The bathroom is larger than a lot of bedrooms with completely separate dual sinks, large jacuzzi bath, flat screen TV, and a huge shower with 6 shower heads. There are large flat screen TVs in the bedroom and living room. There is a wet bar, safe, and small refrigerator. The furnishings are very plush. We always stay on either the 12th or 14th floor.

The service is excellent, especially the bell service and valet parking. Very nice pool and spa. The buffet is very good on certain days, IE Wednesday and Friday. Thursday is not so good.

Note: Just about all casino hotels, whether in Las Vegas or elsewhere charge for Internet access. You are supposed to be playing and not with your computer.

There is a very nice private lounge on the 2nd floor for Black Card+ members that has free food and drinks. It is a very nice place to sit back and relax.

The casino is good and we do a lot better there than at the Las Vegas strip. You can also play at the Spa Casino in downtown Palm Springs on the same card as it is owned by the same tribe.

We always eat dinner once at the steakhouse which is very good. I always order the 32 oz. bone-in Rib Eye. We use room service for breakfast which is very good and eat a couple times at the buffet.

The only con is it is very difficult to get a late checkout.

All in all this is an excellent luxury hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2010

My husband and I stayed at your hotel/casino for one night celebrating our 25th wedding anniversary and I don't think we could have been more pleased. Everyone was polite and quick to help. We ate at WatersCafe for our breakfast/brunch and it was excellent. We dined at the Steakhouse on Saturday night and the food was superb as was the service. The casino, although fairly crowded Saturday night, was roomy with plenty of room to walk around without bumping into people. I would highly recomend this getaway place for any length of stay. Good job!!!

• Stayed November 2010, traveled as a couple
Honolulu
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 21, 2010

Stayed at the Agua due to a USTA event nearby. Absolute diamond-of-a-hotel, w/the enjoyment of a casino! Our room contained everything that we could imagine for: large & roomy w/a heavenly bed filled w/pillows galore; big deep drawers for our clothes & belongings, huge bathroom w/tub, separate glass shower, double sinks; refrigerator & coffee-maker. Even the hotel's hallways were wide & spacious! Very clean too. Wished I had more time there to enjoy their pool & spa - maybe on our next visit!

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Murrieta, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 8, 2010

Very comfortable room, comfortable bed, nice furnishings, hotel is attached to casino but I never had to step into the casino while I was there.
Awesome soaking bathtub that felt so great I never turned on the flat screen t.v. hanging on the bathroom wall.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled on business
Los Angeles, CA
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 12, 2010

Went for a weekend with friends. Nice pool. Best chicken tenders and fries at the pool. Gambling, pool, relaxing. Overall a nice experience.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
North Hills
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2010

We stayed 1 night and we checked in late Saturday night - don't try to ask for late checkout otherwise you might be surprised with your bill. When I tried to call for reservation I asked for late checkout and they told me to ask when we check in, when we did check in I asked for late check out and told me to call the following day and ask, when Sunday came I asked for late check out and of course they said 'No'. I have stayed in my Resort & Spa that are 5 star and this place would not even accommodate your request. Don't even bother asking for the manager if you don't want to feel that you are speaking to a child.
I would not recommend ordering their steak from your room. We ordered a steak and it came burnt and when we complained, you would think they will credit the whole meal, they only credited partial. I've never heard of an supposedly elegant hotel crediting only partial of your meal when the entire meal was already ruined since that was our main course of that everning and because we were hungry and didn't want to order and wait.
If you see an overcharge on your bill, goodluck in trying to get credit of any kind. They say they will but you call again to follow-up, they will tell you all these things that you had supposedly signed before you check-in and therefore can not be refunded.
I would never recommend this to any of my relatives or friends especially if you don't want them to feel so unwelcomed.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
Riviera Palm Springs Resort
#46 of 71 in Palm Springs
3.5 of 5 bubbles 2,408 reviews

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!