“Beautiful hotel and room, excellent service, good location.”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
San Francisco
“Beautiful hotel and room, excellent service, good location.”
Reviewed April 20, 2010

We don't gamble, chose this hotel because of the good rate (on Hotels.com) while visiting the Coachella music festival. Reserved a king room + rollaway bed for our teenager. Fast and courteous check-in, waved us to the VIP line because no one happened to be in it. While the casino and elevator smelled like cigarettes, the upstairs hall and room were clean and fresh. The bellman was beyond polite, he was charming, brought us a big bucket of ice and already had heard from the valets that we had a long hard day with our car breaking down and offered to scout around for a repair shop for us. The room was remarkably spacious, even with rollaway, room service cart and luggage there was plenty of circulation area. The quality of the bedding (mattress, sheets, pillows) on both the bed and rollaway was premium, and the decor (rugs, curtains, couch) looked new. The bathroom was also very large and finished in chic sandstone with a glass-walled shower, deep tub, and separate toilet area, plus long double sink, plenty of room for toiletries for all three of us, and thick premium towels. There were flat screen TVs in both the bedroom and the bathroom, with plenty of movies on demand. A spacious in-room safe had enough room for all three of our laptops! Wireless internet was FREE for us all and pretty speedy. Parking is free. We didn't use the spa or pool, so they didn't charge us the normal $12/day Resort Fee. Oh, and room service (which is 24 hours) actually serves very tasty food in good sized portions (Chinese spare ribs, Caesar salad, Fettucine Alfredo, Veggie burger with sweet potato fries, etc.). They got one part of our order wrong and took it off the bill without our even asking. In case you need more, it is very convenient to Hwy 10 and right across the road is an In & Out Burger, Denny's, choice of gas stations, etc. Too bad we had to head home before we got to try the pool and spa, maybe next time!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with family
1 Thank lroden

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (158)
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed February 27, 2010

We stayed at this hotel for four days, and loved it. We did not gamble, but enjoyed the plush rooms and outstanding Steakhouse restaurant. We had read other reviews which said smoke smell could be a problem in rooms, but we stayed on 8th floor and it was perfect. Even the halls smelled totally non-smoking. For the price (around $100/night) it was an outstanding value, and central to lots of nice things to do. Exercise room was very adequate also. Too cold for the pool, but it is top shelf! Only complaint is high speed internet is $10/day. Even the chain hotels have free internet anymore.

• Stayed February 2010, traveled as a couple
San Diego, CA
Reviewed February 3, 2010

Smoky entrance as one has to get through the lobby (machines and smoke) to the elevators. Got an 11th floor room facing East and overlooking the casino roof.

Buffet bfast available ONLY on weekends. THere are better options off of Monterey street- next exit past Ramon Road- costco, iop, mickyd's, etc.

I would def stay here again AT the lowest rates they, at times, provide. 4/4 of my stays here were at the cost of $80-110 per night.

Beds are quite plush and comfy- pillows are kinda thin- I travel with my own pillow though.

my rating overall 8 out of 10 -1 for location and -1 for smokey entrance.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled as a couple
Upstate NY
Reviewed January 31, 2010

My wife, 16 year old daughter, and I just stayed two nights at the Agua Caliente which we used as our base for going to the Joshua Tree National Park and the Palm Springs attractions. The Resort facility far exceeded our expectations. We had been scheduled to be in a Deluxe Room for $109 plus several other fees/taxes. At check-in I requested a room with a deck and told it would be an upcharge of another $25/night. It turned out to be the best bet I made at the casino. We were on the 6th floor facing west toward the San Jacinto Mountains. The patio/deck had two comfortable chairs, one table for coffee/newspaper and plenty of room. We had an excellent view of the mountains each day for our breakfast. Everything in the room was top shelf in terms of furniture and bedding and the bathroom had both a tub and a separate shower.

The facility is spacious even though the casino is small in comparison to a Las Vegas strip or Atlantic City casino. There were about a dozen or so tables but we played the slots.

The pool is large and heated with plenty of lounge chairs. Nice size hot tub, too. Didn't use either this trip, though. Parking in the attached garage was easy and free. We wish this casino were found in New Jersey!

• Stayed January 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed January 27, 2010

Drove in on Sunday night to stay for 2 nights for a conference. Upon check in we get upgraded to a balcony room...it was nice, but the view was not impressive (we were right above the casino building). Other than the nonexistent view from our balcony, the hotel is seems new and clean. There's plenty of parking so we didn't have an issue with that.

The rooms are nicely decorated and in the bathroom is a TV! The room is spacious and there is plenty of storage space. The beds were comfortable and my colleague and I had a hard time getting up to go to our conference.

I didn't get a chance to look at the pool area or use any of their other amenities, but if I ever need to come back to this area I would stay here again. The price wasn't bad either compared to what my other colleagues paid for hotels near the conference center.

• Stayed January 2010, traveled on business
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed December 28, 2009

High Quality accomodations in the middle of the desert. Small but adequate casino and close to freeway.

• Stayed December 2009, traveled as a couple
Los Angeles/Orange County CA
Reviewed November 19, 2009

Hey Everyone....I was offered some free nights and took my friend for his Birthday...

The GOOD: The rooms are VERY lovely and quiet. Pretty much a spacious modern suite. I'm a big girl but I felt like I was petite and swimming in their bathtub. My only dissapointment with that it has a freeway view rather then the Palm Springs ROCK view. Though it was a freee room given by their promotions department, it wasn' that busy. A non-freeway view would of been nice but then again I didn't have the best check in representative (see below)...

I'm here on a Thursday so it is not a CRAZY smoke filled casino which is nice. My floor was Non-smoking which was true to its word which is also pleasant, especially if you have asthma. I didn't think the morning buffet was very good but the cafe restaurant near the pool was delicious. I ate their twice. Also, they do check for room keys in the evening which is nice if you a single female traveler (my friend met me the second day of travel)

From the hotel you are only about 15 minutes from the Palm Springs Main Drag...5 minutes from a Starbucks and lots of other civilization though like most Casinos, it is very self-contained. The Pool area is not huge but very pretty and not too CRAZY...
Visiting on a Thursday? Pony up the $25 for video poker tournie ( I didn't win but it was VERY FUN) or go to the main PSprings drag for the big Famer's market between 6-9. Meme at their main casino bar is very polite and they have Stella Artois beer on draft! ( a treat to be able to have a drink and not drive home)

The UNFORTUNATE: When I checked in I got a young lady who wasn't very customer service oriented, especially considering I was an invited guest of the hotel. I checked in after 4pm after a drive in from LA. I was invited for 2 FREE nights at either here or the nearby SPA casino..I choose Agua Caliente since it was a newer updated hotel property...When I made my reservation, I let the booker people know that I had lost my PROMOTIONAL MAILER (a family member misplaced it/lost it) but I did have my PLAYER number and other verifying info like my ID,credit cards and such. I was told No WORRIES by the reservation staff. Thus, I was dissapointed when at check I got a LECTURE about how they would NEVER make this exception for me again. Who chews out an invited guests? I get invites from other casinos all the time and could of easily gone to another property..It just left a bad first impression. FYI $10 Internet is the daily charge...They also usually have a 12 a day RESORT fee...

PROBLEMATIC SIDE NOTE: I tried calling their Spa like 4 times the first afternoon from my room..noone picked up. Later I called the front desk to ask about where ICE could be found on my floor, I got put on hold for 7 minutes...then given wrong directions. BTW. staff the ICE is not NEAR the elevators on the 8th floor it left past the suites...

Spa Lovers: Agua Caliente's Spa at this property does not have "TAKING the WATERS". For this experience you must go their sister Property the Spa Casino in Palm Springs.

Cheers..

Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!