New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Anaheim, California
“Best trip in a long time.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 7, 2014

After reading some of the reviews, my partner and I though we would give it a shot and we stayed for 4 days. First off, Valet is free, fast and efficient. I just call from my room to have my car brought up. when I got there it was already waiting for me. After they gave me my keys they always asked if I needed directions. Some of the reviews have complained about their valet service and I think I know why. When they take your car they give you a ticket. Well if you don't have your ticket they just can't randomly give you a car. A couple of guest we having this issue and we getting mad at the valet. People don't understand that it will be a long process to verify that that car is yours with security. So if you lose your ticket plan on waiting a bit but keep in mind they are just trying to do their job, it's your fault anyway for losing your ticket, just suck it up.

Next the staff as a whole. Everyone was so friendly there. From the front desk, restaurant and bar, all they way to the maid service, it was all 4 stars. Sometimes going to casinos you can tell that the dealers at the tables really don't want to be there. Not the case here. Every table I went to, we all had great conversations, so it eased the pain of me losing but for the note I did bring home more then I took to gamble with.

For my room, I stayed in a few casinos and my room would put them to shame. I got one with a balcony. I was expecting a tiny little thing but BOY, that balcony was HUGE. 2 thumbs up. Every night we sat on the balcony having drinks and watching the sun set. Initially we were going to go stay at the Hard Rock but my partner likes to take baths. Hard Rock has a bath/show where here you get a separate huge bath and a separate shower. You need to be careful because the water can get very HOT.

They only bad thing on the trip was the bartender by the pool. Don't get me wrong she was every nice and friendly, she left the condiment try open and flys were landing on the limes and cherry's. So we went back inside, which was fine since we made friends with the bartenders at the bar and it was happy hour. By the way, the food is so good and not to expensive. Not one thing we ate was bad.

Overall I plan on staying there again. Every hotel has a signature smell to it and I really like theirs. To me it smelled very clean. I didn't need a gas mask. I really liked it. Yes it was further from Palms Spring then we wanted but it was worth it.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 5th floor, try to get a higher floor if you want a better view.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Joey S

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (142)
Montclair
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2014

My wife and I went there on a spare of the moment kinda thing and we where so pleasantly surprised. The people that work there are really interested in how your stay is, it was some of the service I have ever received, and the rooms are super clean and much bigger than I expected. I highly recommend staying here. We had so much fun.

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a balcony. The view is amazing
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

I got stuck in the Palm Springs area and decided to see if Agua had a room, which they did. I was very pleasantly surprised when I opened my room door. The room rivals most high priced Vegas rooms, and mine had a spectacular view of the snow covered mountains. Highly, highly recommend. I will be back...

Stayed March 2014, traveled solo
1 Thank ArizonaN8
Los Angeles, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 3, 2014 via mobile

Had a 2night stay at Agua Caliente......rated a 4star resort. Rooms were nicely appointed. Check in staff were courteous and accommodating. Valet staff were efficient and valet is free....AWESOME! Food at the onsite "Cafe" was awful. Gave it 1star for cleanliness not for the rooms or the grounds but for the air quality. Folks its a full fledged casino and the 2nd hand smoke buffet is being served all day everyday. Won't. be back!

• Stayed March 2014
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
Downey, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 28, 2014

The Agua Caliente Resort Spa is amazing! My girlfriend and I recently stayed in their basic room for two nights and we have no complaints. Although we are in our mid-twenties and everyone else staying in the hotel was a lot older we still had lots of fun. The rooms are huge and very comfortable. The food is also very good. We dined at the Steakhouse. The Steakhouse is a bit pricey but well worth the money! Also, the pool was kept very clean and tidy and we enjoyed relaxing the in the jacuzzi.

There are several bars that you can visit while you're in the casino gambling. All the bars have their drinks fairly priced and the bartenders are extremely friendly. Like any other casino, if you sit at a machine for a while the drinks will be brought out to you, which is nice.

Overall, the experience that my girlfriend and I had at this resort is one that we will never forget. The rooms were great, the food was great, the pool was great, and most importantly, the staff was AMAZING! We will definitely be staying here again.

Room Tip: Rooms away from the elevators and ice machine are extremely quite. Also, if you want a good view req...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Palm Springs, California
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 13, 2014

I am a local and I used to love occasionally treating my wife and I to a night or two at this resort. Five years ago, I would definitely said that it was worth a rating a five. Now, I would give it a solid 3.5, but I will err up to 4 because I think it still represents a good deal (at least for us locals). The room is very comfortable and the pool is phenominal. The best thing is cranking the air way down when it is 115 degrees outside.

Room Tip: Get a pool on the left end (South end) facing West. You will have the best view from their. It is...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Cathedral City
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is the perfect casino for locals and for frequent visitors, for the perks are terrific. The atmosphere is very pleasant, and smoke kept to a minimal - except when super crowded. Restaurants are reasonable, depending on the type of meal one desires. All are comparable to others offering the same. Rooms are most comfortable and beautiful - try to get one poolside and above the 7th floor! Fantastic view! Games seem to pay better than other casinos - but it's still just a gamble. Besides being situated in a very windy area, traverlers should not be disappointed. Easy off/on access from the I-10.

Room Tip: poolside, above 7th floor
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled with friends
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
The Ritz-Carlton, Rancho Mirage
#2 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
JW Marriott Desert Springs Resort & Spa

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!