“'Hot Water' is Really Hot!”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed February 8, 2014

This is the perfect casino for locals and for frequent visitors, for the perks are terrific. The atmosphere is very pleasant, and smoke kept to a minimal - except when super crowded. Restaurants are reasonable, depending on the type of meal one desires. All are comparable to others offering the same. Rooms are most comfortable and beautiful - try to get one poolside and above the 7th floor! Fantastic view! Games seem to pay better than other casinos - but it's still just a gamble. Besides being situated in a very windy area, traverlers should not be disappointed. Easy off/on access from the I-10.

Room Tip: poolside, above 7th floor
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Patty V

Reviewed January 27, 2014

My friend and I had a lovely room on the fourth floor which was away from the noise. There were several different dining establishments and bars in the main building which served fabulous diversity in foods and prices. we gambled for a few days and felt that the paybacks were very fair. We walked around the grounds, very attractive. We did not use the spa although my friend has in the past and enjoyed it immensely. The tubin the room is stunningly large. The room service was excellent. We had a lovely time.

Room Tip: Choose a room away from the floor and get a non smoking room. The bathtubs are fabulous!
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank vnoz
Reviewed January 24, 2014

We were shocked at how big and beautiful the rooms are in a casino hotel, The rooms are huge, with floor to ceiling windows that had a beautiful view of the mountains. The rooms were clean and the beds comfy. We also noticed how quiet the rooms are. We never heard people in the hallways or in the rooms near by. There was a large tv in the sleeping area and a smaller tv in the bathroom. The bathroom was very big, with a giant soaker tub and separate glassed in shower, a water closer. The room has a fridge and a safe for all that money you win downstairs, ha ha!
The pool area is really nice, Even if you don't want to swim, there is lots of nice seating and an outdoor fireplace which is nice to sit around in the evening.. The spa is probably my favorite spa I have ever been to.
The only complaints I had was there is no coffee maker in the room and the smell in the casino area is overpowering. Smells like men's cologne. Reminds me of walking past an Abercrombie and Fitch store in a mall.
Liked it so well, we are going to be staying there again next week.

Room Tip: We were in the 11th floor in a "Pure" room, which has some kind of air purification system...
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Robin M
Reviewed January 24, 2014

This was like an oasis in the middle of the desert - beautiful walkways and pool areas and of course the excitement of a casino. I did find iut pretty smoky in the common areas however our room was smoke and smell free - would not have known there was a casino.

The room was well appointed and clean and fairly quiet - had a great nights sleep.

Would recommend

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed January 4, 2014

I will not be staying here again because although our room was clean and fresh smelling and we enjoyed the pool area, ghe rest of ghe hotel has a strong smelling deodorant smell that is supposed to cover a smoky smell?!? It reeks and kept us out of the casino and common areas indoors. Otherwise it would be a fun place. Actually burns the smell into your nose and hard to get rid of it.

• Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank Alannuts
Reviewed December 30, 2013

The rooms are spacious. Bathroom beautifully designed to be romantic as well as functional. The steakhouse downstairs is so yummy. Everything you need is there to fully enjoy your stay . Shopping malls up the street. Movie theaters down the road. If you want to catch a show it's got plenty of talented people that have stopped through I suggest you do too you won't regret it!!!

• Stayed: October 2013
Reviewed December 30, 2013

My fiancé and I stay at the Agua Caliente every year in April when we attend the Coachella festival. While we love the festival, we prefer hotel accommodations to camping on-site, and the Agua Caliente has been a perfect retreat for pre- and post-festival relaxation.

The front desk staff has always been very warm and welcoming. We've always been greeted with smiles and they work with Valley Music Travel to keep everything organized for guests who are attending Coachella. They provide us with everything we need at check-in, including our festival and shuttle passes.

The rooms are nicely appointed and very comfortable. Large king bed, small sitting area and plenty of room to move about. The bathrooms are huge and contain an oversized sunken bathtub, separate shower, and flat screen TV. On a typical vacation I'd never utilize an in-room tub, but after miles of walking each day at the festival, I loved being able to soothe my tired muscles with a long relaxing soak. I think I took a bath almost every night the last time we stayed.

The actual casino is nice. We don't really come to gamble, and I am far from a connoisseur of casinos, so I can't say much about the quality of the dealers, games or odds. I do know that everything is clean and the bar service is attentive - certainly enough to keep me happy while I tinker away at video blackjack.

The pool area is pretty standard, but clean and has some nice lush landscaping. Lovely to have the mountains in the background while you're relaxing. There are always plenty of recliner chairs and umbrellas...it has never been particularly crowded during our stays. The pool bar makes tasty cocktails and frozen drinks.

My experience with the food there is limited to breakfast and snacks at the Waters restaurant...we eat most of our meals at the festival or in Palm Springs proper during our stay. Breakfast is good; of course a little pricey, but that's to be expected at a hotel restaurant.

I see a lot of reviews complaining of smoke. I'm a non-smoker so I understand the frustration. But hey...it's a casino. I'd assume that most guests would realize that there will probably be smoke before booking. So yes, if that's a huge issue for you, this might not be your place.

All in all we've been very happy with our experiences here and we will be returning in April 2014.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
International Hotel & Suites
International Hotel & Suites
#15 of 23 in Palm Desert
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!