“Beautiful, Large Rooms” 5 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
Murrieta, California
“Beautiful, Large Rooms”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2013

Agua Caliente is a very nice place to stay. The rooms are quite large and nicely appointed. Huge, beautiful bathrooms! All of the staff members throughout the resort were friendly and helpful. My husband played golf nearby and loved the convenience of it. We had a great mini-vacation.

• 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
San Diego
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 29, 2013

My college friends (from 20 years ago) and I stay here every summer. In the past we've enjoyed a relaxing pool area (except for the smokers), a great spa, and the large, comfortable guest rooms. This year we noticed the HUGE amount of families and tons of children going wild at the pool. I'm not sure why families feel a casino resort is an appropriate vacation spot. After dodging kids at the pool for two days, we decided to try out a cabana. This was a disappointment. We did get a few free waters with the cabana rental, but that was it! Cabanas at waterparks come with more amenities for the same price! We couldn't believe it. Our spa day was delightful as usual. We were lucky to have the entire facilitiy to ourselves! My esthetician, Ellie, must have been in a hurry to go home. My friend and I were scheduled for the same procedure. Hers began 10 minutes before mine and ended 10 minutes after. Ellie certainly short-changed me 10-15 minutes, chose not to do the hand and arm massage, and slapped on and wiped off products at such a rapid rate, they had no time to even be massaged into my skin. Next July my friends and I will be staying elsewhere.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank kainolasco
Phoenix, AZ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2013

Was here for a conference on a Sunday - Wednesday. From finding my way to the self parking to finding check-in, to getting to my room. It could not have been any easier!

Plenty of self parking in the garage that was clean and felt safe. Take the elevator and you arrive in an AC'd hallway that takes you to the casino and hotel lobby. Just read the signs. Judy checked me in and was a happy to have me and tried to get me into a king room, but then offered to give me one the next day. I declined and said the 2 queen I reserved was OK. She was quick to offer the WIFI access code and gave me directions to the elevators.

The rooms are big and clean. I was in room 831 - I had a view of the parking lot. No Big deal. I had a 2 queen standard room and it was awesome! There was a large counter that went from the closet to the wall. There was a 42" LED TV, clean small fridge, chair, table and ottoman, an office area complete with office chair and enough outlets to charge a phone and hard line internet connection from the beds of the office area. There are even benches at the foot of each bed to sit and put your shoes on. Pictures do not do it justice.

Bathroom was well appointed with large double sink. Good soap, small LED TV with remote, plenty of towels. There is a large shower with a large tub (no jets). The toilet is in its own room, so good privacy while sharing. I am a big guy and I said what the heck and jumped in that tub for a hot soak and watched some NFL network one night with a cold one. Not usually a big fan of tubs, but it was comfy!

Casino is nice and large. Plenty of video and slots with a good amount of table games. There was a $15 min on all the games, which kinda hurt my cheap feelings. I played the weird craps with cards. It was fun with a good group and I was did well for the time I wanted to play. Drink service was a bit slow, but I made breaks to the lounge bar. During happy hour, all drafts are $4! That includes Blue moon and Stella! That is deal right there!

Had breakfast in the waters cafe one morning. The interior is bright, but modern like a night club. Seemed kinda sterile for a comfy meanl like bfast. But service was good, not personable-but got me all I needed to have a great meal. Price was what I expected. $15 + tip.

Had Happy hour at the adjoining bar one day and it was half off apps. The plates were small, but with the drink specials and sharing plates, the tab was $70 with tip for 3 rounds of drinks and 8 plates for 5 people. That is a good deal!

Overall experience was really good and I will def be back to take advantage of the pool and spa.

Room Tip: Even numbered rooms have a better view!
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Shon Q
Anaheim, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 23, 2013

I took my husband there on July 19 for 2 nights for his birthday. I drove up, he had no cluue where we were going. Mind you, we play at the casino, just never stayed the night. WOW... Great rooms, clean, the beds are too die for so comfortable, spacious and beautiful view. The front desk staff are wonderful. I work in the hospitality industry, they know what they are doing there. The food was wonderful and the relaxing pool was just what we needed. My husband plays poker, he did real well, I on the other hand play slots, the machines are a little tight, not that good of a payout on those. You might want to stick with the cards.. Watch out for friday nights, they have pool parties, not the best of clientel visisting.. Overall, wonderful weekend getaway... Can't wait to go back:)

Room Tip: ask for a mountain view
1 Thank mishelle v
Hacienda Heights, California
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 16, 2013

I was offered a free rooim, compliments of being a Reward Card Holdder. I used my ATM card for my savings account. The room was booked. That night, July 7, 2013, I went to check in and was asked for the card I used. I told her up front this was only a ATM card for my savings account, and although it had a VISA logo, it was not a credit card, I was told they could not give me the room. Asked why would I need a credit card for a free room. It's for any room aminities that are used. (you know those $10.00 bag of penuts, or small bottles of liquor in the fridge). Ok so I offered cash. "We don't take cash" quote, unquote. Don't take cash?
There's a casino here flowing with cash. Anyway my point is this hotel and any other hotel that does not reserve a room or actually give you one when you walk in because you don't have a credit card, is blatent discrimination. There a millions of people who does not hae a credit card for whatever reason. The fact they don't puts you out in the cold. I will file complaints with the Hotel, gamming commission, the State Attorney General's office, and all consumer groups. Any policy that excludes a group of people is discrimination, plain & simple.

• 1 of 5 bubbles
9 Thank Yvonne C
Mark A, Manager at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa, responded to this review, July 20, 2013
As with most major hotels/resorts, the deposit policy of Agua Caliente is that guests must furnish a major credit/debit card for the authorization of incidental charges. These incidental charges may consist of minibar items, room charges from restaurants/retail outlets, in-room movies, etc. Although only an authorization is placed on the card at check in, debit card authorizations remove the funds from the attached checking account and may take several days to appear back to the checking account after the date of check out. We do encourage the use of credit cards to debit cards as the authorization hold is typically released faster; we do not accept prepaid cards or cash as a form of deposit. This is a very common practice in the industry among higher ranking establishments.
Torrance, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed there while visiting a friend nearby. This hotel is all everyone needs. The rooms are spacious, affordable, and comfortable. The casino was pretty generous and all of the staff was friendly and attentive to all of my needs. Next time I'm in Rancho Mirage, this is the place for me.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
Corona, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

My husband and I stayed over the 4th of July and had a great time! We enjoyed the Steakhouse and good room service! We also liked the Latin night at the Lounge. Overall we enjoyed our stay and would return again. We loved the oversized clean rooms too!

Room Tip: Requesta pool view.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Mirage
#2 of 8 in Rancho Mirage
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa
Hyatt Regency Indian Wells Resort & Spa
La Quinta Resort & Club, A Waldorf Astoria Resort

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!