Just returned from a weekend stay- 2 nights at this hotel- June 7- 9th.
My Brother-in law wanted to celebrate his birthday by going to the Agua Caliente. He called up reservations shortly before the resort opened and booked 2 rooms for 2 nights.
You can't miss the hotel off the I-10! It's like a beacon in the desert.
It is much more convenient to the entertainment and shopping along HWY 111, than the very isolated casino hotel in Cabazon.
Check in was very fast and easy. Our rooms were located on the 7th floor. Once inside our room, I loved how big the room really was. The sitting area was great, the bed very comfortable....the pillows not so much. But then, I'm used to temperpedic pillows-The bathroom was very good as well.
The casino itself on the ground floor had plenty of games, but as a non-smoker, an additional non-smoking area of the casino would have been a plus. Times are tough, the returns on the games aren't so great, so if gambling is the only reason you've come to this hotel, you'll be disappointed at the poor returns. I guess they still need to get their money back for building the place, right?
we ate here our first night after our drive from LA. The food is pretty mediocre with a few standouts. I myself, am not a huge fan of seafood buffets. Don't get me wrong...I love seafood, but giant piles of pink shrimp, oysters on the half shell, and a seafood stir-fry station- is pretty much the main event here.
There is a carving station- the turkey was excellent, the roast beef a little tough.
But the biggest disappointment, was the lack of any real vegetables as a side dish- they were essentially non-existent. The salad bar was basic, but serviceable.
Where was the bread? All I managed to find were some oyster cracker packets by the soup station- where one of two choices of soup was clam chowder.
Almost all the side dishes had some sort of seafood in them.
They had a very small mexican section, but it was mostly a nachos type station. There was also pizza, if one chose that.
The desserts were also kind of mediocre.
Overall- if seafood really rings your bell- you will most likely like the volume that you can get. If you like a lot of variety in your buffet choices, this isn't really the place for you.
cost $23.00 per person.
The service inside the buffet was pretty good.
My husband and I did eat in their cafe, off by the side near the exit doors to the pool. He had the BBQ sandwich, I had the hamburger sliders. Both were extremely good.
The service in this restaurant was almost non-existent. - I think they are still learning the ropes, and they are very nice, but also incredibly slow and somewhat clueless in what is good restaurant service.
We chose to eat at other restaurants in Rancho Mirage for our stay.- About 10 minutes away taking Bob Hope Drive to the main Hwy 111. There are plenty of options of places to eat and things to do once you leave the casino.
The Big Birthday celebration was at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
We've eaten here before. The service is very good, and the steaks and side dishes very good.
We ate breakfast at the local Mimi's Cafe, good standard above average chain restaurant.
Then went across the street to the Rivers shopping complex to see Kung-Fu Panda at the cinemas there. (Great Film, by the Way!)
On the way home on Sunday we stopped in Banning and ate at the I-Hop. Good for what it gets you. They do eggs and pancakes very nicely.
If you are using this hotel as a base to visit the rest of the area, it is a really good location and offers good value for money spent. The hotel rooms are comfy and spacious.
IF the casino is the reason to come here, you may want to consider it a day trip or only a one night stop over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- All the pleasures of a luxurious, four-diamond destination are yours at Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa in Rancho Mirage, California. Our beautiful 16-story resort includes our wildly popular casino, and has pools and well appointed cabanas, an exceptional spa, and a state-of-the-art concert theatre. Located only seven miles from Palm Springs International Airport and 130 miles east of Los Angeles off I -10 and Bob Hope Drive. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Agoda, Cheap Tickets, Hotwire and Cancelon so you can book your Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Agua Caliente Hotel Rancho Mirage
- Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa Rancho Mirage, CA - California Desert