“Highly Recommended”

Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa
Ranked #6 of 8 Hotels in Rancho Mirage
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed September 16, 2011

Rooms are clean, and of ample size. Other than at check-in, most staff were friendly and helpful (props go out to the security group for recovering my lost wallet & valet parking for good customer service). An excellent experience overall. Deserving of its (AAA) Four Diamond Award status.

Room Tip: The hotel is farily new, so all rooms should be up-to-date and modern.
  • Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank ayam227

Reviewed September 12, 2011

Stayed here July 31st to August 1st...Sunday night ...Asked the front desk clerk for a view room...Sorry Heather replied I am unable to do that...Why I asked...No Response...The hotel was only 1/2 full...We were in the most fabulous room I have ever stayed in...HUGE...sucken in tub...beautiful room, beautiful furnishings, confy bed...But, the best part was the view of the roof and a wall directly in front of us, I was so disapointed..

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Cedar240
Reviewed August 25, 2011

My husband I love this quick getaway. This is our spot just for relaxing from our very busy home life. The service from the valet to check out is always great. The rooms are fabulous what more can you ask for? I think the food choices could be a little better and the slots are tight so don't even.
The pool is large as well as the jacuzzi with poolside drinks and food available for purchase.
We love it and can't wait to go back!!!! We try to make it at least 4 times a year.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great place, had a great time. Spent the big bux for a suite.... Almost $400 for one night.

A female friend who was in another room mentioned the staff had entered her room and stole $50 from her. Both she and I agreed "Not Cool" but at least they didn't take her credit cards, ID, camera and other valuables. She also mentioned she witnessed security staff placing their ears on room doors, and going from door to door.... Very suspicious.....

I didn't think much at first but a few hours later, they got me too. ARRRGH!!!!

While drinking with friends in the pool, I was distracted from my personal belongings. Their staff had the audacity to grab my keys and wallet from my chair, and turn them into their lost and found department, BUT NOT BEFORE TAKING APPROX $70 FROM ME.

I get very emotional in an argument when I have been done wrong, but I was having such a great time, I didn't want $70 to ruin my getaway, so I didn't complain.

If you decide to visit Agua Caliente remember to use their safe, and also hang the "do not disturb sign" 24/7 so the staff will think your room is occupied.

This type of behavior reminds me of Mexican Police: Corrupt and everyone is in on it. The pattern is also very evident: Keep it petty (don't take all the cash, and don't take high value items), as this will keep them low profile, and they can continue ripping off patrons for a long time.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
5  Thank MrSamsoniteMan
Reviewed August 17, 2011

Last weekend I flew from San Francisco to Palm Springs to meet my mom and sisters for a girls weekend away. Saturday morning we get up and lay out by the pool, enjoying the nice weather and relaxing chairs. At 12:30 all of a sudden the music turns up so loudly you cannot even hear the person next to you. Techno is blaring and a DJ has appeared poolside. I politely ask the pool manager if there is anyway the music can be turned down. He tells me no, because there is a pool party and they have rented the DJ. I'm sorry, what? A pool party? As hotel guests shouldn't we have been told about this prior? We decide to talk to the hotel manager and ask if there is any alternative. The manager tells us we could ask the spa if we could use their pool. After a frustrating converstaion with the spa manager (why couldn't the hotel manager liase with the spa manager himself?) we are told there isn't room for four people at the spa pool but they would make room if we pay $100. The hotel then refuses to compensate the $100 and offers us to lay out at their sister hotel across town. We continue to voice our frustrations that in no way we were told there would be a pool party the weekend we decided to book a room and how they needed to effectively communicate this to their hotel guests. At the end of the conversation we jokingly say - oh wait is there a pool party tomorrow too? The manager says yes - from noon until 6pm. He wouldn't even tell us this information the entire time we argued with him regarding the pool party. Thankfully we immediately checked out and stayed at the Westin down the road for the same price. I immediately felt a sense of calm the minute I stepped in the lobby. Do not waste your money or time with Agua Caliente.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
6  Thank cgallagher7385
Reviewed August 14, 2011

My friend and I planned a relaxing girls weekend trip to the Agua Caliente. When we checked in we were informed that they were having a pool party and our room would be facing the pool and may be noisy until 1am. We went to the pool and found it extremely crowded with loud and rowdy young party people who werent even guests of the hotel-they just let them in to boost booze sales and profit from the cover charge. If you are young and like to party this is the place for you! We were traumatized because we were expecting a nice quiet getaway. This is a four or five star hotel letting in one star people to party. Someone threw up in the pool one hour after we got there and the pool was closed the rest of the day. Great- Last time we were there someone actually pooped in the pool and it was closed also. The rooms are nice and beautiful but I will NEVER stay there again. The management was rude and wouldnt even upgrade our room or give us dinner. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with friends
4  Thank LUVMEXCalifornia
Reviewed August 13, 2011

I live pretty close to here but its nice sometimes just to get a room and be able to get drunk and know Hey i just gotta go upstairs... Awesome casino they have a nice lounge to dance friday and sat nights.... good restaurants inside the hotel and there rooms are awesome... Personally I love there bathrooms more than anything LOL Huge glass shower doors and a huge Tubs!! Comfy beds.. Overall a fun place... I have never seen a concert there but I know alto of my friends and family have and they all said it was an awesome place for that type of thing

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with friends
International Hotel & Suites
International Hotel & Suites
#15 of 23 in Palm Desert
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!