“Staff can be Theives” 2 of 5 stars

GreenLeadersSilver level
Compton, California
“Staff can be Theives”
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 23, 2011

Great place, had a great time. Spent the big bux for a suite.... Almost $400 for one night.

A female friend who was in another room mentioned the staff had entered her room and stole $50 from her. Both she and I agreed "Not Cool" but at least they didn't take her credit cards, ID, camera and other valuables. She also mentioned she witnessed security staff placing their ears on room doors, and going from door to door.... Very suspicious.....

I didn't think much at first but a few hours later, they got me too. ARRRGH!!!!

While drinking with friends in the pool, I was distracted from my personal belongings. Their staff had the audacity to grab my keys and wallet from my chair, and turn them into their lost and found department, BUT NOT BEFORE TAKING APPROX $70 FROM ME.

I get very emotional in an argument when I have been done wrong, but I was having such a great time, I didn't want $70 to ruin my getaway, so I didn't complain.

If you decide to visit Agua Caliente remember to use their safe, and also hang the "do not disturb sign" 24/7 so the staff will think your room is occupied.

This type of behavior reminds me of Mexican Police: Corrupt and everyone is in on it. The pattern is also very evident: Keep it petty (don't take all the cash, and don't take high value items), as this will keep them low profile, and they can continue ripping off patrons for a long time.

Room Tip: book early
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 3 of 5 stars
5 Thank MrSamsoniteMan

London, United Kingdom
1 of 5 stars Reviewed August 17, 2011

Last weekend I flew from San Francisco to Palm Springs to meet my mom and sisters for a girls weekend away. Saturday morning we get up and lay out by the pool, enjoying the nice weather and relaxing chairs. At 12:30 all of a sudden the music turns up so loudly you cannot even hear the person next to you. Techno is blaring and a DJ has appeared poolside. I politely ask the pool manager if there is anyway the music can be turned down. He tells me no, because there is a pool party and they have rented the DJ. I'm sorry, what? A pool party? As hotel guests shouldn't we have been told about this prior? We decide to talk to the hotel manager and ask if there is any alternative. The manager tells us we could ask the spa if we could use their pool. After a frustrating converstaion with the spa manager (why couldn't the hotel manager liase with the spa manager himself?) we are told there isn't room for four people at the spa pool but they would make room if we pay $100. The hotel then refuses to compensate the $100 and offers us to lay out at their sister hotel across town. We continue to voice our frustrations that in no way we were told there would be a pool party the weekend we decided to book a room and how they needed to effectively communicate this to their hotel guests. At the end of the conversation we jokingly say - oh wait is there a pool party tomorrow too? The manager says yes - from noon until 6pm. He wouldn't even tell us this information the entire time we argued with him regarding the pool party. Thankfully we immediately checked out and stayed at the Westin down the road for the same price. I immediately felt a sense of calm the minute I stepped in the lobby. Do not waste your money or time with Agua Caliente.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
    • 3 of 5 stars
6 Thank cgallagher7385
California
2 of 5 stars Reviewed August 14, 2011

My friend and I planned a relaxing girls weekend trip to the Agua Caliente. When we checked in we were informed that they were having a pool party and our room would be facing the pool and may be noisy until 1am. We went to the pool and found it extremely crowded with loud and rowdy young party people who werent even guests of the hotel-they just let them in to boost booze sales and profit from the cover charge. If you are young and like to party this is the place for you! We were traumatized because we were expecting a nice quiet getaway. This is a four or five star hotel letting in one star people to party. Someone threw up in the pool one hour after we got there and the pool was closed the rest of the day. Great- Last time we were there someone actually pooped in the pool and it was closed also. The rooms are nice and beautiful but I will NEVER stay there again. The management was rude and wouldnt even upgrade our room or give us dinner. I would not recommend this hotel to anyone

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank LUVMEXCalifornia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 13, 2011

I live pretty close to here but its nice sometimes just to get a room and be able to get drunk and know Hey i just gotta go upstairs... Awesome casino they have a nice lounge to dance friday and sat nights.... good restaurants inside the hotel and there rooms are awesome... Personally I love there bathrooms more than anything LOL Huge glass shower doors and a huge Tubs!! Comfy beds.. Overall a fun place... I have never seen a concert there but I know alto of my friends and family have and they all said it was an awesome place for that type of thing

• Stayed February 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank queenjansson
Redlands, California
5 of 5 stars Reviewed August 7, 2011

I'm not a fan of casinos outside of Laughlin or Vegas. The payouts aren't as good and you have to pay for drinks. As far as the hotel room itself, it was great. Tons of room and the bathroom was the best! It had a huge sunken tub, flat screen t.v. and separate shower and toilet. It was scorching outside but the a/c in the room worked great, which is NOT always the case in Vegas and Laughlin. The room service menu was huge and the food was very good. The pool area was wonderful and the cabanas were first rate. I would definitely stay here again for the hotel itself, but still not a fan of gambling there. Only negative was the waitress/bartender at the Waterfalls Cafe. We ordered a pizza to go on Thursday night and she was rude and looked like she was completely miserable having to be at work. Not my problem that she has to work at night.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank saints-girl
CA
5 of 5 stars Reviewed July 30, 2011

Every few months we visit this hotel. It's isolated from the busiest areas of the Coachella Valley, right off the freeway on Ramon Rd. However, it's easy access to anywhere in the Desert, if one chooses to leave.
This is a really beautiful hotel and casino, and the spa is one of my favorites. Top notch all the way. Love the flat screen TVs in the bathroom! The restaurants are very good, and we usually eat all of our meals in the Waters Cafe.
My favorite part of the hotel is the private pool in the spa area. The regular pool can be noisy and full of way too happy children. I opt for the calm privacy of the spa pool...with lunch and drinks delivered poolside. Ahhh....

• Stayed December 2010, traveled with family
Upland, California
4 of 5 stars Reviewed July 27, 2011

We stayed this weekend and a co-worker had a problem with billing. Her room was master billed, yet, the hotel took $400 dollars from her card on Saturday arrival. Being a debit card, the money was no longer available. She gave them a credit card the next day, to switch the billing and they took $400 from that one, yet DID NOT credit her debit card as of Wednesday morning. We discussed the issue on Tuesday night at dinner (wonderful) and I called MY credit card company because I was on a master bill too, They took $836 from my credit card!!

A third member of our party had the same issue. They DID NOT inform us that they would charge the card at all, they just swiped it for "incidentals" Well they charged my card $100 per day for incidentals. That'a ridiculous, we only charged for THREE sodas, $6. WHY would they keep charging $100, when I'm at $6. I had $836 of my available credit blocked.

As far as I'm concerned, this is THEFT. What do other travelers think?.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled on business
Hilton Garden Inn Palm Springs/Rancho Mirage
Morongo Casino, Resort & Spa
Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa

Been to Agua Caliente Casino Resort Spa? Share your experiences!