“Not impressed...”

Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga
Reserve with OpenTable
Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: Japanese
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Day Creek/Victoria Park Lane
Lake Arrowhead, California
“Not impressed...”
Reviewed October 15, 2012

First thing first – meet is good, service is OK, price is acceptable to certain extend.
The service is desire to be better especially considering prices.
I was there twice….first time we went for lunch and lunch deal for two seems like a lot of food for OK amount of money.
Second trip was a family dinner where we decided to go with 21 item buffet for $25.00….
This was an absolute mistake – server behaved like we are eating from his table….
It is 21 items by 4 times – we barely made second turn. It is too much food and since it is only one option per table, it is becoming boring and overfilling fairly quick.
Would you want 4 times broccoli?
If you have craving for Gyu kaku food than I would recommend just order separate items and mix’em up if large group is present.

Good luck

• Visited October 2012

Rancho cucamonga, CA
“Unique dining experience”
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

I love this place. You order what you like and the. Get to grill up multiple marinated meats. It's always delicious. Their happy hour is great with 1.29 beers and many half price menu items. It's always a fun change of pace to cook your own food and the favors are good. The meats come with sides depending on the meal you pick and the garlic noodles are to die for!

Running Springs, California
“Worth waiting for!”
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Gyu-Kaku - Rancho Cucamonga, had great food. Love their sushi and is worth waiting for. Because not once have I ever gone there and been able to sit down asap, unless I am on the bar side and that side is forever crowded. However, the bar side, is small. They do have an out door area now, but sometimes the wait can be a while... The only thing I would like to see if perhaps a few more servers to keep up with the rush. Because the food is definitely worth the wait and the prices you can't beat their prices! Location is just across from JCP and is conveniently located close to where we live and in a fabulous mall that is out door and not closed in. Once again, everything is price right, just have to wait and have patience's. If you arrived starving, not a good idea. But I do love their food!

• Visited September 2012
California
“Overpriced, poor service, mediocre food”
Reviewed September 5, 2012

I was so disappointed with this place, from start to finish. First, there was quite a bit of confusion as they provided us three different types of menus. I found the items to be expensive, especially since I was cooking my own food. We had issues with our grill, and very slow delivery of meat from the kitchen. I'm glad we did not order the all you can eat which has a 90 minute timer - service was so slow we wouldn't have been able to have more even if we wanted to! Also, for a table of six, they really need two grills or a larger grill. There wasn't enough room to cook everyone's food. This place was extremely loud and there was not a sufficient divider/barrier between our booth/table and the next one. It was a continuous bench and the lady next to us had her hat, phone, keys, etc. in my area of the bench seat. Overall, just a bad experience that cost a small fortune. Glad I tried this type of restaurant once, but I certainly won't be back.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Worldtravelers07
Running Springs, California
“Sushi”
Reviewed July 20, 2012

I have never eaten Sushi until last year, when my daughter took me here to Gyu-Kaku ! Now you can't keep me away. The variety, the taste, I just love it! They do have small outdoor seating. The service is slow, but friendly. Plan on waiting for a while to get a refill and the attention of the server!

Visited January 2012