We reserved for our party of 14 one week in advance. Called few days ahead to make sure reservation was still in place. Arrived a bit early per instructions, still had to wait 20-30mins. What's up with that? Then everything went downhill from there...
- Food was truly awesome. The St Louis chicken and baby back ribs were my favorite.
- Overly crowded. Tables are set-up too close to each other.
- Not comfortable ambiance. Almost a bit too warm inside.
- SLOWWW. Takes a long time to take our order after we were seated. And then another loooong time for our food to be served.
- TRI TIP was tough and dry.
- Servers and staffs are all stoic! Not willing to help or accommodate. Not friendly at all. Importantly, they do need more training in food handling and serving.
- Service was lacking and horrible; very unorganized. They blatantly ignore you or pass by your table when you call for them.
- We reserved for party of 14 but our party was seated separately, in two separate tables. Seriously.
- Back to Servers: They served us 3 plates of food by practically dumping it on our table, for us to figure out what plate goes to whom. After shuffling around, we realized it was not our order at all. Server came back, took all 3 plates without an apology then dumped the plates to the next table (different party).
- They did not serve us our salads at all. By the end of our meal, server said "Oh I forgot you 'guyses' salad, you still want it?" - Sigh.
- They had to be reminded of the special event (twice).
- They charge an automatic 17% gratuity. To be honest, I understand our party was a large one and we would have gladly given 20% for gratuity. However, in this instance, the way we were treated was surreal, 10% tip was even too much, not worth it.
I should have read the reviews before reserving our party here. Base on the YELP reviews I've later read, service here are truly a nightmare. It's obvious that our experience was actually the norm in this branch. I was tempted to talk to the manager but I was already so disgusted and embarrassed that I just want to complete the night and leave. Although, the foods taste great, the aggravation and frustrations just left our party in such a bad mood. It actually ruined such a special event.
The manager of this branch ought to be ashamed of himself and his staff. No kidding!
Do yourself a favor and drive to the Brea location. Although, I have not been to that location yet, ANYWHERE is better than this.
Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.