“Fantastic HI Express”

Ranked #8 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Cheltenham, United Kingdom
“Fantastic HI Express”
Reviewed October 4, 2012 via mobile

This Hotel is excellent. The rooms was comfortable and very clean. The facilites were excellent and the buffet breakfast was very good.

The hotel is close to the interstate and the Ontario Mills Mall. It was a pleasure to stay here.

• Stayed August 2012

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Edmonton, Canada
Reviewed September 8, 2012

Stayed here while attending a two day festival @ the Fontana Raceway. Great location just down the block from Ontario Mills Mall and many restuarants. Room was on the main floor facing the pool, bed super comfortable, nice furnishings & simple breakfast options that was included. Overall a great value with the location & a good impression, would highly recommend staying here again if ever attending events at the raceway or a short shopping trips.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled solo
Rancho Cordova, California
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Third hotel this week and I am glad that this is our last stop. We stay here a lot. Great hotel, great location, great staff. everything is outstanding. We will be back. Mall across the street, and a lot of restaurants to choose from.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank leahtots
Hell, Michigan
Reviewed August 12, 2012

I stayed here 3 nights while travelling to Southern California for business and the location was good for my needs. The room was all right and it was clean and comfortable. The hotel was fairly quiet which is important to me when I travel. Value wise this was better than some other Holiday Inn Express locations I've stayed at. I would have no issues staying here again in the future.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled on business
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed August 6, 2012

Stayed here one night for business trip. The hotel itself is nice. I really enjoyed that it was walking distance to a large local mall (Ontario Mills) as well as several great restaurants. I understand a few of the other reviews of the staff being "depressed" -- while the desk clerk was helpful, he was by no means the freindliest upbeat type that make a stay more pleasant.

The room was just "ok". The air conditioner is noisy (although about the same as most Express hotels I've been in). The bed was NOT among the most comfortable I've had -- seemed a bit lumpy. And finally, the desk chair definately was about the worst I've seen -- the seat is very uncomfortable and adjusts only about 2" up or down -- at it's top position it is WAY too low to sit comfortably at the desk to get a litte work done.

The breakfast selection was very good -- hot cinnamon rolls, pancakes, plain omelettes, sausage, biscuits. They also had muffins, but they were very cold with no way to heat them up.

Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Marlow, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2012

I've stayed here 3 or 4 times now, and always had a great stay, the rooms are really spacious and comfortable, I always end up with a suite here and it's also got a nice heated pool and jacuzzi. Also in a nice neighbourhood, very quiet, with plenty of local restaurants nearby and easy distance to the Ontaio Mills Mall.
Breakfast is above average, hot and cold dishes, only downside is it's all plastic plates and cutlery (understandable), but Pia, who manages breakfast (she's British) is great.
Definitely recommend for good value.

Room Tip: Rooms are above average size and spacious.
  • Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple
Arizona
Reviewed June 19, 2012

Upon checking out I paid in cash and I was asked for an ID. The front desk person, ALSO in charge of housekeeping and ALSO the person in charge of the hotel that weekend made a copy of my drivers license and stated that it was hotel's policy to make a copy of my ID. I am very concern and upset as to why she would to make a copy of my drivers license. I been a priority club member for the last 10 years and this is the first time in all that time that I been staying with Holiday Inn that I have been asked for my ID upon checking out. All that for been a club member. I am very concerned for the security of my personal information. I do not understand why would she be asking for my ID and made a copy when I made my reservation online and ALSO m provided my credit card and drivers license upon checking in. All my information was verified upon checking in. The front desk person who checked me out, also head of housekeeping, AND person in charge of hotel that weekend, insisted that it was hotel policy and it was the owner's decision. I was not comfortable leaving a copy of my drivers license with a person who was handling 3 different job positions that weekend. Poor customer service. Poor management. Front desk person did not care for my concerns. Hotel Manager was out for the weekend. After leaving numerous voice mails and an e-mail to the GM of the hotel,Keisha Jones, I finally received a call back. General manager was not concerned at all and did not care as to my issue. She stated it did not matter if I was priority club member, all were treated the same. She refused to direct me to a higher up and stated that if I called corporate I was going to be directed back to her. All final decisions of the hotel was hers. Very bad experience with front desk staff and management. We will never stay here again and I will cancel my club membership.

• Stayed June 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank Anonymous728AZ
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall, responded to this review, July 23, 2012
Dear Anonymous728AZ,

Thank you for your review regarding your experience. We appreciate all feedback from our valued guests, specially from Priority Club members like you. Please accept my sincere apology for the inconvenience our hotel policy had caused you and regret you received service which was less than satisfactory. It is certainly not our intent to inconvenience our valued customers and I assure you that all guest information in our database are kept confidential. We value your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and I hope that you will consider us again on your future travels.

Joel B
Case Manager
IHGCare
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#7 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall? Share your experiences!