“Great deal, large rooms”

Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Colorado Springs, Colorado
“Great deal, large rooms”
Reviewed November 28, 2010

We had a great stay. The rooms were large and clean, and the staff (when we needed them) were friendly. The breakfast is OK, not great, but free and good enough. Would gladly go back.

• Stayed November 2010, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Indonesian first
Ontario, California
Reviewed October 21, 2010

I booked a block of rooms for our wedding guests. They were so nice and helpful from the first meeting. They even were able to add a couple last minute guests at the discounted rate that we discussed. And top of that, our honeymoon suite was complimentary. They also left us a bottle of sparkling wine and a lovely card. Its the little touches. The rooms were so comfortable and I got such a great nights sleep. The complimentary breakfast in the morning was wonderful. Every single staff member was super friendly, even down to the maintenance guy. This is definitely a 2 thumbs up hotel.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed September 7, 2010

This is a great hotel for families! We stayed there over Labor day weekend with our 1 year old and 2 and a half year old. I booked our room online 2 days before our trip, a king bed standard room for $97.90. When we arrived saturday evening after a long day at Sea world, the man at the desk gave us a $10 dollar discount right away. We thought that was very nice and took our things up to the room. We walked in and discovered that he had also upgraded us to a suite complete with a full kitchen, living area, king bed, and two televisions. We were shocked and very grateful because it made travelling with toddlers so much more comfortable. The room was clean and the countertops in the kitchen and bathroom were granite, (or at least i'm pretty sure they were). The only problem we had was that a large family with kids stayed above us and they ran around their room until 2:30 in the morning. But we were all too tired to care. I am from ontario and it felt so good to be treated so well at home. This homewood suites is the only hotel we will stay at during our vacations and we plan on staying their again soon.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled with family
Plant City, Florida
Reviewed August 29, 2010

I spent 4 days for business at this Homewood Suites and found it to be typical of other Homewood Suites that I have stayed at. This hotel is extremely clean. It was very evident that the housekeeping staff takes great pride in maintaining a clean hotel. Raymond at the front desk was very helpful in arranging transportation to the airport.

Pros:
Great location, close to Ontario Airport, Ontario Mills Mall, and within an hour of Disney, and L.A.
There are also numerous restaurants close by.
Very clean!

Cons:
Rooms are starting to show some wear. The carpet was frayed in the bathroom doorway in my room.
No shuttle to and from the airport.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
Ontario, Canada
Reviewed August 19, 2010

Stayed at Homewood Suites Rancho Cucamonga for two nights in August. Very nice hotel. Looks to be fairly new, it is extremely clean, and in an excellent location. It is located right next door to the Hilton Garden Suites and the Courtyard by Marriott. Ontario Mills Mall is located right across the street and many restaurants are located within walking or a short driving distance including Famous Dave's. This Homewood Suites is competitively priced with both neighboring hotels and offers an excellent breakfast buffet. Without a doubt, I would definitely stay her again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Mississauga, Canada
Reviewed August 13, 2010

Good family hotel and value. Close to major Highway. Close to a major shopping mall.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Phoenix, AZ
Reviewed July 23, 2010

They gave away my ROOM and I am a Hilton Honors member (OK only silver, but still)! Planned a trip with my son for his 18th birthday. He lives with his dad in NC and I only get to see him a few weeks in the summer (this is our last summer before he joins the military) so we take a 6 hour roadtrip to California only to get there and find out they gave away our two queen bed suite and instead had two studio rooms for us. I told them I felt uncomfortable leaving my son in a room on his own as he would likely end up running around. My son was very excited about this idea and I was explaining we really needed the room we reserved or at least connecting rooms so I can keep an eye on him. It was starting to cause a scene in the lobby so I took the two rooms. What choice did I have at that point after all that driving and this time of night?

NOPE..... best they could do was try to call another hotel. I was thinking.... I spent hours looking for a suite room with an outdoor pool where we could hang out and spend time together and I know there is nothing comparable around. I end up going to my single studio room, calling the 800 number and even though the rep was nice and tried to help, my cell phone died before he had any resolution (he was looking for the "other" two bedded suite room).

I recently stayed at a Hilton property in Irvine where they made me wait three hours to change rooms on Sunday because my rate changed and I had to move only to find out another person at my conference who had the same conference rate was in my old room! But here at Homewood Suites, they just give away my room with no care. I am upset because it is hard enough trying to bond with an 18 year old son and working so hard to make this time special only to again be blown off by Hilton.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
howardjt83, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, September 16, 2010
We are sorry we were not able to provide you with the quality of services you deserve. Because vacations are very important, we try hard to make sure all our guests have a rewarding experience at Homewood Suites. I will be reaching out to you in order to make this right.
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!