Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
A TripAdvisor Member
“Friday Stay”
Reviewed August 5, 2013

This hotel is in a great location, roomy and comfy. The value is increased wiht the complimentary breakfast and evening reception. However, the reception is not offered on the weekends, beginning Fridays, and breakfast ends early on the weekends. This was primarily why we chose this property and we were disappointed that we did not receive the benefit of either. Also, the spa was not working. There is a small basketball court that my son loved. Overall, the hotel is a good value and nice property. It is surrounded by other hotels, shopping centers and restaraunts.

Review collected in partnership with Homewood Suites by Hilton

Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, November 2, 2013
Dear Trip Advisor Member..
Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. Although the days and times of both reception and breakfast are mandated by Hilton, I am pleased that you found all other aspects of the property to be pleasurable. We hope to see you back..

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
  • Indonesian first
Phoenix, Arizona
Reviewed August 4, 2013

To Whom It May Concern: August 3,2013

For the next paragraph or so I’ll try to be as cordial as I can without losing my temper so just bare with me. Homewood Suites have always lived up to their reputation but this time I guess was different. My husband, family and I were guest at the Homewood Suites in Rancho Cucamonga California and during the weeks that we remained there were the worst we have experienced as a family since we have been using Homewood Suites to date. For the first week (week of July 8 to the July 15) Hotel management left us with a good impression indicative of the hotel and its managerial and janitorial staff. But that soon changed with my children falling ill, it turns out the outdoor pool was temporarily closed by the health department, my children frequented the pool almost every day until one of them complained of an acute intestinal stress. I had not followed up drawing on any conclusions or connections as to why the pool was shut down or as to why two of my children fell sick. Secondly the conditions outdoors especially near the dumpster area were horrific, garbage was strewn everywhere especially the leftover food from the previous morning’s buffet never seem to have made its way into the dumpster, needless to say I called the Health Department. Thirdly the dinner at night never made an impact either, the food was kept below the usual warming temperatures and at times appeared cold. Lastly and this is the main reason why I’m writing this letter of complaint is the extreme inconvenience the managerial staff had placed my husband in, during the last week (July 30th) my husband was on a business trip due to come back from out of state Tuesday night when it appeared that the hotel staff closed the account of the room we were staying in and stored all of our belongings in the manager’s office. The arrangement that I had made to the manager would of kept us in the room up until August 30 but they had refused to return my calls ignoring all attempts for me to which I had made a payment arrangement and to make matters worst the manager never informed me or my husband of the eviction. During the eviction process my husband was on his way back arriving late (12:00AM) to Rancho Cucamonga via the Ontario Airport the personal items he recovered was short an expensive coffee maker (Cuisinart) and food that was placed in the refrigerator and freezer that I had brought in from home and locally bought. The missing items would not be an issue had the manager on duty returned my call concerning the payment arrangement but that pales in comparison to the inconvenience the manager had placed my husband in for he had to scramble for another hotel at 1:00AM to which was extremely difficult due to an influx of applicants in town taking the Bar exam and knowing he had to report to work 7:30AM. One of the Homewood Suites mission statement clearly states; 100 % satisfaction , it does not appear that I’m satisfied so I’m my whole stay refunded back to my Visa card immediately to include a reimbursement of a Cuisinart and over $100 dollars in food.

Frank and Amy Mignano

2 Thank mignano8
Toby S S, General Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, August 6, 2013
Dear Mr. & Mrs. Mignano...I apologize that we had to evict you from the hotel, it is our policy that payment must be secured by a valid credit card. I understand your frustration in not being able to secure payment, but we do have a business to run as well. And although our calls to you have gone unanswered and emails unreturned, we will continue to try and reach out to you to return your items that you left behind in your suite.
upland, United States
Reviewed August 1, 2013

Everything was great and we would stay there again when needed. It was close to being a home and we enjoyed the breakfast as well. we would recommend this hotel to our family and friends. I am really comfortable with the bed and bathroom lines as they were really clean.

Dear George P,
Thank you for your kind words and for reccommending our hotel. It pleases me that we were able to make a positive impression on you as our guest. We hope to see you back in the near future.

Payson, United States
Reviewed July 24, 2013

We needed to meet our son at this location and ended up staying 2 weeks. The staff worked very hard to place our rooms adjacent to each other, and we found our ability to spend time together each evening enhanced by the nice size rooms and large comfortable common areas. The breakfasts each am featured lots of variety and the evening meal was a great opportunity to sit and share the days events. The staff here at both the front desk and meal areas were TERRIFIC!!!

Dear Monica W,
I am so glad to hear that you found everything to be "TERRIFIC".. I really appreciate that you would take the time to let others know of your experience. We hope to have you back soon...

Chandler, United States
Reviewed July 22, 2013

This hotel is a wonderful experience if you need an apartment like environment for an extended stay and which provides breakfast and dinner. Not the fanciest food but it is quality and is good to eat. My wife booked this visit after staying here a couple of months ago on a previous buisness trip.

Dear Vernon J,
Thank you for taking the tiome to let others know of your positive feedback. Since you last visit, we have renovated our guest suites in order to provide an even more positive experience. We hope to see you back soon...
Indio, California
Reviewed July 21, 2013

WONDERFUL place for the price. Clean, quiet, with small kitchen, free breakfast (not just a continental breakfast). Good location, and friendly staff. Would stay at other Homewood Suites for our summer vacation.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Lorena59,
Thank you for taking the time to let us know how we are doing. I am so pleased to hear that you found everything to be "WONDERFUL". I am p[leased to tell you that since your last visit, we have renovated our guest suites in order to provide an even more pleasing experience. We hope to see you back soon..

St. George, Utah
Reviewed July 17, 2013

I was very impressed by the cleanliness and how quiet it was at this hotel. We didn't hear any noise whatsoever during our stay. The suite was a perfect size for our family of 5 (two queen beds) and the separate living room and kitchen were a great bonus (my son has food allergies so it was very helpful as we need to bring food with us everywhere we go!).

The pool area was very nice, including the hot tub. The only downside was the cool temperature of the pool. It would probably be fine during the day when the sun is on the pool, but it was too cool for me in the evening. Good thing is, the hot tub was a perfect substitute.

The complimentary breakfast was very good and there was lots to choose from. There is a nice, large dining area with plenty of seating (unlike some hotels).

I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
Toby S S, Manager at Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, July 18, 2013
Thank you for the positive feedback... I am so glad that you truly enjoyed your stay. I will have my maintenance department check the temperature of the pool, as I am glad that you pointed it out to me. We hope to see you back soon...
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!