“I would call it - "Discount Marriott"”

TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed September 26, 2013

We have stayed at a bunch of Marriott properties lately, and this one is nothing special. Front desk personnel were fine, and pleasant enough. Just the construction of the building and the quality of the finish. Plastic where wood might be used. Inexpensive room furnishings. Dull breakfast area. Breakfast was a cold breakfast. No eggs (except hardboiled). No pancakes, waffles, etc. Just cereal, muffins, bananas, etc. The price was right (I used points), but I cannot call this anything but average......

Room Tip: We could hear the guy above us. (3rd floor) Go for the top (4th)
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank John I
Maggie D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Dear John I,

First I would like to thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites for your stay in the Rancho Cucamonga area. I did want to let you know that we are working on getting some more hot items for our breakfast to go along with our waffle station. We hope to have you back at the TownePlace Suites to experience a great breakfast in the near future.

Reviewed September 24, 2013

We spent three nights recently at this hotel and were pleased with out visit. The rooms were very nice. Clean and updated. We had a studio suite which consists of a queen bed, kitchenette, bathroom and seating area with a couch and small desk. Bedding was nice and they have a nice flat screen TV. The kitchen includes a sink, refrigerator/freezer, microwave, dishwasher, oven and two burner stove. We are Marriott chain fans but this was our first stay at a TownePlace. Think Fairfield with a kitchenette and you've got the picture.

The negatives weren't a problem, but you might want to know that the walls are not insulated very well and you can easily hear noise next door and out in the hall. For light sleepers, this could be a problem. The public areas on the main floor don't look anything like the pictures anymore. Maybe they were in the process of remodeling, but the reception area is very spartan and the breakfast area looked more like a typical office break room. They could do with some work here. And for what its worth, the toilet seat was the most uncomfortable I've ever experienced. Just the facts, ma'am.

Breakfast included baked goods, yogurt, hardboiled eggs, waffles and cereal.

The hotel is located in a shopping and light commercial area with very easy access to the highway. The hotel shares a parking area with a Sonic, Panda Express, Quiznos and other fast food and shopping options. We didn't go, but I understand there is a major mall right across the street.

I couldn't say enough about the friendliness and helpfulness of the staff. They are very enthusiastic and obviously well trained. We wouldn't hesitate to stay here again.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank balanceok

Dear balanceok

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about the TownePlace Suites. I am glad you were able to stay with us while you were in the Rancho Cucamonga area. I am pleased to hear that our staff were able to assist you and give you excellent customer service. We look forward to having you back to stay with us!

Reviewed August 29, 2013

New management of hotel has made a difference for the better from past experience. Employees are more pleasant. Hotel was quiet and relatively clean. Fitness center had new equipment, installed mid-August. I would plan to stay at this location again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Huskerred55
Maggie D, Manager at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Dear omaha05,

Thank you for staying with us and rating us on Trip Advisor! I am very glad you were able to enjoy our new fitness center while you were here and our friendly staff members were able to make your stay wonderful. We hope to see you back again soon at the TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

Stayed at this location from June 16th to June 22nd 2013. By the looks of the photos online it looked like it was a large 2 bedroom 1 bath suite/townhouse. It was actually very small and the bathroom was even smaller. The kitchen was very tiny and for you price you pay per night I would definetely look at other options. The morning breakfast was average not full service like at the Embassy Suites. The pool was nice and there was plenty of parking spaces available. The good thing about this hotel is the location. You are just walking distance from the Ontario Mills Mall and lots of restaurants in the area and only 30 minutes from LA.

Room Tip: Ask for room with 2 bathrooms you will need it.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank pjbernard

Dear pjbernard,

First, I would like to thank you for staying with us at the TownePlace Suites in Rancho Cucamonga and for rating us on Trip Advisor. I apologize for the lack of clarity in the room size and unfortunately, at our location our two bedroom suites do only have 1 bathroom and I know that can make things pretty difficult with a big family. I am glad you were able to enjoy some of our local dining and shopping while you here and I hope the rest of your stay with us was great! If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to contact me here at the hotel! Thank you again for choosing the TownePlace Suites

Reviewed July 2, 2013

This facility was the first on a 10 days motorcycle ride.

Very nice. Pleasant, efficient staff. Good location. The room was clean and the decor was lovely.

I would recommend this facility to any traveller.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
Maggie D, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded July 6, 2013

Yellowtrike,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a review about our hotel! I am glad you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you back again soon in the Rancho Cucamonga area. Hope you had a great vacation.

Reviewed June 1, 2013

We stayed for 3 nights in a king studio. The room was clean, large and adequate. Television channels were lacking and the "breakfast" was not good.. Mostly sugar stuff, nothing hot.
Good location. Didn't deal too much with staff but seemed ok during check in.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank ann K
Maggie D, Assistant General Manager at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Ann K, Thank you so much for writing a review of our hotel. We appreciate all of the feedback from our guests and it helps our hotel improve everyday. I am happy to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to have you back in the future.

Reviewed April 18, 2013

I selected this hotel because of its location and because I have the marriott rewards card. So, since I was going to stay in town for about three months I thought hotel was going to work. The room is OK, but as soon as you need assistance from someone in the front desk, it's so disappointing. During my three month stay I only had two interactions with the front desk person and it was a disaster.

They kept on charging my credit card for authorization charges but when I asked how ofter was this going to happen just to keep track of it (because it was actually getting hard to keep up), the lady named Rochelle was super rude, interrupting me, clearly did not want to help, did not know the answers and made me feel like I was interrupting her busy day. She clearly said "you know what? just talk to any manager if you want to" - and of course no manager was there - so she basically gave me the manager's business card and got rid of me with a obvious sarcastic "have a good night".

I just find it so disappoiting that they don't even care that I was giving them business for three months; she clearly does not value customers and she definitely needs training in soft skills and problem resolution. Me as a Customer Service Trainer know what you should say, avoid saying and how to handle situations like this - and she just failed at everything. Another lady, the night shift front desk lady was just rude and hung up the phone on me one time I needed extra blankets and she said thry have a "policy" on providing extra blankets and that she could not send me more. That was just stupid.

Overall it's an average hotel, clean and well located. Just remember, do not dare asking questions to the front desk people, or expect them to help you, that's just not allowed, they don't have time - nor the nature - to serve.

Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
5  Thank damianlongoria
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Ontario at Ontario Mills, CA

Been to TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport? Share your experiences!