“Top Hotel Dollar Value”

TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport
Ranked #3 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed November 13, 2012

Hotel was designed as a small extended stay with full kitchenettes. Nice view of the mountains to the North. Very close to Ontario Mills shopping and Ontario Airport. Free breakfast included. No parking or "Resort Fees". Room and Hotel was very clean. The young staff was very friendly and helpful. A free courtesy shuttle was available to take and pick you up anywhere within 5 miles of the property. The price was very reasonable ($79.00 plus tax). The WiFi was "iffy" in our room (206). But, it may be better in other portions of the property. A small fitness center was available. The Hotel has an exterior Whirlpool Jacuzzi and a small pool which seemed to be heated. The bed could use a a "topper" type mattress but it was OK for a few nights. The room had a modern flats screen television with a multitude of cable channel selections. We intend to stay here again next year.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business

Reviewed October 9, 2012

We stayed in a two bedroom suite for almost a week. The location is close to shopping, food, expressways, and airport. The rooms were properly sized except for the set up of the doors which would hit each other, the chairs or the table. The staff was very friendly and were very accommodating with our entire group ( we had multiple rooms b/c of a wedding). The only negative was that after our second night we found a soiled item in one of the drawers in the children's bedroom. This should have been found and cleaned prior to our arrival (it could not have been ours because we only have boys). The front desk responded by removing the item but never cleaned the drawer. Overall I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 19, 2012

We stayed here for a few weeks in August to September 2012. The hotel looks newly renovated and facilities are well-maintained. The furniture in the rooms are modern and clean, and the hotel is located right next to some restaurants, shops, and the ontario mills shopping mall. The hotel staff are friendly and approachable, and Shannon (the hotel manager) made sure that we were very comfortable during our stay. Housekeeping department at this hotel is fantastic, always clean and very prompt with any requests. The head of housekeeping, Naty, made us feel right at home. Overall, one of the best hotels we have stayed at in LA county-- highly recommended for all travelers in the area.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
CLI820, Guest Relations Manager at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2012

Thank you for choosing the TownePlace Suites Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario for your extended stay. We truly appreciate your review of our hotel and are very excited to see that you were provided with a good and comfortable stay. Thank you for acknowledging our staff - in particularly our housekeeping department who works very hard to maintain a high level of guest satisfaction. Again thank you and we look forward to serving you again in the near future!

Reviewed July 9, 2012

This was my third stay at this hotel. Staff is young and I noticed an improvement in attitude and service. Last trip had problems with keys opening door of the room. I had no problems during this stay. Great area with many resturants in walking distance. Would stay again.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 2, 2012

As stated in other reviews, the property is well-maintained and located within convenient walking distance to a number of eating establishments and retail businesses. I also appreciated that the airport shuttle operated on my schedule rather than on a fixed rotation. I arrived late on Tuesday night (June 26th) and they came for me as quickly as I called. The same driver (he recognized me and even remembered when I had arrived) drove me back to the airport early Friday morning (5:00 am to be exact).

They offered cold water and lemonade from big glass dispensers in the Lobby throughout the day, as well as fresh fruit and cereal bars.

Other than the fact that they put me in a "Queen Suite" versus my preferred "King Suite," my only other issue was that there was no phone on the bedside table. It's not like I get many calls on the hotel room phone, but for the two that I did receive (including a wake-up call one morning) I had to get out of bed and walk across the room to the desk/work area. A real hardship, I know, BUT it's the little things...agreed?

FYI...there is a "room service" menu in the room for a local Sports Bar. I ordered from there my last night as I had a VERY early flight the next morning. The service was much faster than promised, but it was pretty pricey for what I got and the food quality was only mediocre.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed May 26, 2012

I've stayed here before and it is quieter and nicer than the other two close by. The rooms are very nice, parking is close, breakfast is free and the staff is terrific. There really is no down side to this Hotel. Enjoy

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled solo
Reviewed March 4, 2012

We checked in on a Friday night, for two nights. First impression, unprofessional staff, not consistent with Marriott brand. Second, I check into a remodeled room (a plus) right next door to a room still undergoing a remodel! Right next door! This hotel has hundreds of rooms, really? Everytime we go to and from our room Friday and Saturday (yes, construction on Saturday, and they started early) we have to deal with a bunch of construction workers. Again, there are hundreds of rooms! We go to breakfast Saturday am, NO REGULAR COFFEE! Both caraffes are out of coffee! Mind you, there is no one in the breakfast area, except empolyees and others helping themselves (a big no no!). There are about 6 tables and they are dirty. No one in sight, no one cared. Scarce breakfast options, no one assigned to the breakfast area to keep it clean and stocked. Poor work ethic, maybe poor management? I realize they're in the process of a remodel, they should be going the extra mile considering the situation, to overcome this. Way too many options in Rancho to settle. We checked out at 9am Saturday and headed over to the Homewood Suites next door. Night and day! They let us check in at 9:30 am and we were welcomed to hot coffee and a spotless breakfast area with professional, courteous, attentive staff that greeted us with genuine smiles.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank filosab
CLI820, Owner at TownePlace Suites Ontario Airport, responded to this reviewResponded March 14, 2012

Thank you for your review. We sincerely apologize that you did not receive the highest level of guest service you deserve and encountered some construction noise during your stay. Our 112 room hotel’s remodeling project is coming to an end, which should bring things back to some normalcy, nevertheless, your concerns will definitely be looked into and we certainly appreciate your feedback as it allows us to further improve upon the present and future stays for all our guests.