“Stiff atmosphere. Good bread.”

Antonino's Italian Restaurant & Bar
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Description: Featuring some of most stunning and delicious dishes from Northern and Southern Italy, Antonino's is the ultimate in casual yet elegant dining.
Palo Alto, California
“Stiff atmosphere. Good bread.”
Reviewed December 11, 2012 via mobile

I went here for the first time last week with friends from the Claremont colleges. I haven't been to many restaurants in rancho but was surprised by the stiff attitude given to young patrons. Despite the weird vibe, I enjoyed my gnocchi. I will think about returning.

Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Try the wine tasting/dinner event.”
Reviewed May 29, 2012

We went to a wine tasting and dinner event earlier this month...excellent!' Pairings were done well, and the portions of wine served were generous. We started w/ apple martinis upon arrival. We're careful w/ these as I wanted to enjoy the wine and the meal so I just had 2 (lol). It was a 4 course meal and the timing of each were good. With owners (3) present, the general mgr, wine representative, 5-7 wait staff for a group of 50, the attention paid to the timing and presentations were great. They would make sure that the breadsticks (i.e. basic assortment of grissino and rosquilletas) were plentiful, w/ added to complexity of the wines. The fish was done excellently...I cook have a pet peeve when I go to a restaurant...NO overcooked beef/chicken/fish or I'll send it back. The sauces and gravies w/ the meal were just the right amount and complimenting. I couldn't believe that they served a meat dish as well....excellent. I wanted to peek in the kitchen and compliment the chef and the staff for their organization (i.e. note that they were operating a main dining [seats about 40] area and bar area [seats about 20] simultaneously. Then a little sorbet was served...just the right blend of citrus/tartness and sweet to clean the palate. Finally a desert (chocolate ravioli? I forgot, but its close. I was a little 'overserved' at this point) and a white (moscato) wine that was nice. I prefer reds (and dry) but this was great for a finish.
Finally, we've been to this restaurant about 15x, enough to know when something isn't consistent. We'll definitely do the wine/dinner events here, and we're going to dinner there this week. And no, I'm not part owner of this restaurant.

• Visited May 2012
Rancho Cucamonga, California
“Great Italian Food, Service and Atmosphere”
Reviewed April 8, 2012

I'm from Brooklyn and I grew up on fantastic homemade Italian food so I have high standards. I'm also a chef who specializes in Italian food. Antonino's exceeds my high standards. The marinara sauce is delicious as is the bruschetta and the fresh baked bread. We've been to Antonino's many times and I usually have the veal parmigiana. Three large slices of excellent veal and a side of angel hair marinara. (At lunch it comes with the pasta, but for dinner you have to order it as a separate side dish, but I'm not sure why. This is the only thing I wish they would change.) We always take out of town guests to Antonino's and everyone has raved about it. The service is very friendly and prompt and the atmosphere/ambiance is warm and inviting. They have a happy hour at the beautiful, spacious bar and the appetizers are half price (except for the shrimp items). You can also order full meals in the bar. A couple of nights a week they have karaoke in the bar which is fun. If you're thinking of going anywhere else for Italian food, Fuggetaboutit! Go to Antonino's!

• Visited February 2012
2 Thank chaswyck
“Mushroom Shrimp Salad is Out of This World”
Reviewed March 8, 2012

This special salad is a must if you go to this restaurant. All of the food is delicious, and the servers have been there for years, providing diners with knowledge and good attention. It is tucked away but worth the find. They often have $10 off coupons too, which is always welcome.

• Visited March 2012
2 Thank Krusedeb
“Worst "Italian" food I've ever had.”
Reviewed January 29, 2012

The food for our entire table was just horrible; the spinach/cheese ravioli, the fish, the gnocchi, everything. It was so bad that we couldn't finish our food and we were absolutely NOT about to take it home. We will never go there again.

2 Thank cwallstrom