“Horrible food & service at expensive prices”

Islamorada Fish Company Restaurant
Ranked #154 of 356 Restaurants in Rancho Cucamonga
Cuisines: American
Description: phone number (909) 922-5500. Part of Bass Pro Shop.
Description: phone number (909) 922-5500. Part of Bass Pro Shop.
Reviewed April 8, 2013

We were shopping in Bass Pro Shops and my sister had eaten here before so we thought we would try it. HUGE mistake. The food was horrible and so was the service. I had the "special" which was fish tacos with orange cilantro salsa. I am not sure 3 slices of mandarin oranges from a can and 1 sprig of cilantro qualify as salsa but I guess they think it does. I couldn't even taste the fish between the sauce it was drowning in and the bland tortilla. My sister had the bacon cheeseburger. It was super dry and overcooked. It took us about 10 minutes to round up our waitress to get some blue cheese dressing for the burger which looked like old mayonaise and we got that with a big attitude like we were bothering her. The whole lunch pretty much went that way. Really disappointed in the restaraunt in general. We will never go back. There are SO many other choices in the area, even right across the street that are so much more worth the $ and time. Go elsewhere!!

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Great tables outside overlooking the ocean and sunset, but very touristy. We didn't know that this was a Bass Pro Shop operated restaurant until seeing it all over the menu. Food was unimpressive - we tried the snapper and mahi/dolphin fish and opted not to order dessert afterward. I did enjoy the stone crab claws as an appetizer though, and service was pretty good. There were seagulls circling every time servers brought out food, which was annoying. We were holding our breath that we didn't get hit the whole time! Won't head back the next time we're in the area.

Reviewed February 18, 2013 via mobile

This was an surprisingly pleasant. You don't expect a decent restruant inside a Bass Pros. Very kids friendly with outstanding service. Food was really good, I plan on coming back. Truly a one stop for outdoor folks.

Reviewed February 13, 2013

We went there shortly after the Bass Pro Shop opened. I was hoping for something different, but the taste wasn't very good. There are better fish places to choose from in Rancho/Ontario.

Reviewed January 1, 2013

Tried it three times. It is located at Bass Pro Shop, seating can be lengthy, food is expensive, and the food is simply not exceptional....given the exceptional atmosphere, exceptional difficulty in parking and waiting. Maybe drop in the bar for quicker service, though my one time trying that resulted in severe lack of service.