“Odd Waitress, slow service”
Review of Mimi's Cafe

Mimi's Cafe
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Rocklin, California
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Odd Waitress, slow service”
Reviewed February 19, 2013

Business trip dinner on Valentine's day, eating solo - the waitress greets me with "welcome, happy valentine's day" - REALLY?? She then proceeded to tell me about the menu including the Valentine's Day special, then says " I guess you don't want two dinners"... The Cobb salad took 40 minutes to arrive at my table. I have eaten here before with much better service, maybe this was just an off night?

Visited February 2013
1 Thank Pete S

Fontana, California
“Good Food, Small Portion Size, Pricey”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

If they gave larger portions or cut their prices, we would eat here more often. The service is usually good, but their buy one get one free w/2 drink purchases are not really that much of a savings when you add it all up. Favorite menu item is their corn chowder.

Visited December 2012
La Verne, California
“Great Food! Great Service!”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Be sure to try the apple-cinnamon muffins. Buy a couple extra to take back to your room to have with coffee the next morning!!

Visited February 2013
Review collected in partnership with Best Western

California
“Changed! :(”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This Mimi's is the 'tester kitchen' for the area and although we've been going there for YEARS, it has degraded since being purchased by Bob Evans. The onion soup has changed...the bread and cheese are cheaper and most of the food that we were served tended to exhibit this as well. Our server was obviously used to hearing complaints. Breakfast was still good though so that is what I will be going there for from now on.

Visited January 2013
Bonita Springs, Florida
“LOVE THE BREAD”
Reviewed December 19, 2012

We have been coming here for lunch and occasionally dinner for many years. Mimi's has a varied menu of popular foods. You can have pot roast to blackened salmon. The restaurant is clean,the atmosphere is great, jazz music is to my taste. I love the selection of breads that are served. The attendants are friendly and competent. I have enjoyed almost all of the menu items that I have selected over these years, never unhappy with my choice. The prices are reasonable, if you are on a limited budget, you can get soup and salad or a half sandwich. You will be happy with your dining experience.

• Visited December 2012