“Unresponsive staff, management...lost personal items”

Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed November 28, 2010

On our stay, we had two rooms; one for my daughter and I; one for my parents. After coming up from breakfast, my parents' door would not open. Maintenance was called. They said the battery in the lock needed to be changed. We waited 45 minutes in our other room, frantically packing because we had an appointment to visit colleges in the area. I called down to the desk. They said it would take another 30 minutes at least. We said we would have to go to our appointment and come back although it would mean losing more time going backwards on our trip. We hurriedly packed up the one room inadvertently leaving my daughter's phone on the bed. I am 100% certain it was on the bed since I saw it there just before leaving. When we got back to see if we could get access to my parents' room to get their belongings, we went back to our room to get the phone. The room had been made up, and the phone was gone. The staff checked the room but said there was no phone. I asked if they could check with housekeeping which they said they would. We had to leave, so I gave them my contact information to follow up with me. I called later that day to ask about the phone. I again left my contact information. I did not hear back. I called back the next day. The person said they would talk to the supervisor of house cleaning and get back. No call back. I later found out that laundry is not sent out at that hotel. Everything is in-house, so it would not have been unreasonable for them to have checked for the phone just an hour after the room had been cleaned. That would have been the best chance of finding it. I asked to speak with the manager. I was told he was not in and would call me. No call back. I checked with my mobile phone carrier and was notified that a call and two online connections had been made from the phone the day it went missing. I called the number that was dialed. It was to a chat room. I called the hotel to inform them of this and insisted on a call back. I was once again promised a call back from the manager. In all my attempts, with all my requests, I have never been contacted by anyone at that hotel. I think this is not at all acceptable customer service, exceptionally poor management and suspicious in nature. This is only the second review I have ever posted. The first was to highly praise the customer service of another hotel. I hesitate to complain or to post negative remarks, but this experience was so extreme, I felt the need to do so. I hope that this review will cause the hotel management both local and corporate to make some changes.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
2  Thank KQJ
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga

Reviewed November 18, 2010

This property had absolutely beautiful modern rooms that were far nicer than the average Four Points and theirs are normally nice. This was a little edgy with agreat bathroom lots of hoocks for hanging towels, etc well thought out. Friendly staff,, Great rates would return defintely.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank Stevied888
Reviewed November 15, 2010

I am a loyal TripAdvisor fan so I was completely surprised to find that the reviews for Four Points Rancho Cucamonga were WAY too generous for this place. If this is the #1 rated hotel out here, I would hate to see #2.

The biggest issue here is the heating/ac unit is very loud - so loud that we turned it off every night and opened the window (thank goodness it opened). The sound of traffic on a busy road was much less noisy than this motel-type lawn-mower-sounding unit (and yes, the traffic was noisy). I even asked the front desk to have someone check it out to no avail (they provided no info nor response to my complaint - for all I know, no one even came). Unfortunately, 2 of our 3 nights it was so windy outside that the blinds/cord/drapes were all knocking against the window so much that we had to suffer through another night of the loud AC unit or sleep in a hot hot room. Luckily, I brought my earplugs.

The 2nd biggest issue is housekeeping. Just like some of the other reviewers, we returned to find no cups replenished to get a drink of water and only decaf coffee. When we called the front desk they said they were all out of regular coffee and we could call in the morning to ask for some then. To which we said - um, could you ask the morning staff to get us some instead of us having to call you twice?? Oh sure, they said. Majically, some appeared an hour later.

* The refrigerator didn't work when we got here. Had to call the front desk. Returned at night to find it still wasn't working - had to call again.
* There is no fan in the bathroom.
* The rooms are not big - extremely average in size.
* There is NO free breakfast here - i thought there was but i guess that was my bad. Family of four breakfast cost: $40 minimum.
* Our keys didn't work on night #2. After a long exhausting day with kids, the last thing you want is to get up to your room to find you can't get in. Better yet, the exact same thing happened on night #3. Front desk woman said maybe we were holding our room keys to close to our cell phones. I told her my 7 yr old doesn't have a cell phone and hers didn't work either.
* The pool is very cold & hot tub is very small.
* Despite booking the room for a family of 4, towels were provided only for 2 every day.

The Good
Given its #1 rating, I am hardpressed to list anything here but here goes:
* Walls were not thin in my opinion - never heard anyone above, below or next door - only in the hallway
*Beds are decent if you like plaid
*Right next to lots of stores, restuarants - not really walking distance except the Chick-fil-a (see my photo of our view of chick-fil-a)
*Cheap at $60 a night but not worth it for all the problems.

I usually only book hotels on TA's top 20 list but this one is not worthy my friends. Stay somewhere else.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank SFBayMommy
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Basic hotel, sort of like a Holiday Inn Express, but the rooms were just better. Had a court appearance down about 2 miles away in the morning. This was a solid value for the money, and I told my wife I thought we should buy the same mattresses and pillows my room had.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank mpksdad
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I was very pleased with this Sheraton location. This was the second 4 points property I have stayed at (the other in Miami Beach). The locations always seem to have what I consider important--a lot of function and good locations to where I need to be.

The good:
FREE internet and it was fairly fast for a dataport!
FREE complimentary water bottles and they are more then willing to give you extra bottles, just ask (that really fits my healthy lifestyle).
LCD TV with HD Channels
New location (within 18months) meant the property was current.
VERY centrally located to a lot of shopping, restaurants, an organic grocery store.
VERY close to the speedway on race weekends ($20-$25 Taxi ride).
VERY friendly staff, including FREE shuttle

The bad:
Odd Euro bathroom w. sliding door that won't lock
The on site restaurant had very irregular hours

Other amenities:
Small computer area in lobby, not sure qualifies as business center. Still nice to print things (like boarding passes).
Weight Room --> didn't really use it, but looked convenient.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 5, 2010

First of all, this staff rocked! Smiling and greeting faces wherever we went, and we could not stop talking about how accomodating and hospitable all of the employees were! The gentleman that worked days (so mad I forgot his name!) helped me in haircut crisis by directing me to the nearest Supercuts, which was huge, because my hair was a mess. Second, our room was fantastic! Big bed, sofa, table, free internet, everything we needed. Finally, there were restaurants, and shopping all around us so we could grab food and cocktails, eat there or take out. If you are in this region for business or pleasure stay here and no where else!

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Plus side of this hotel:
1. Free wireless interest which is a must for business traveler
2. Affordable for Starwood franchise
3. Big rooms so plenty of space to put things around
4. Rooms are fairly clean

Minus side of this hotel:
1. 40 miles from LA, and around 50 miles further from LAX
2. Not enough maintenance is being done, should do regular maintenance if possible such as making sure that the cleaning service has done all the regular checks such as towels, cups, coffee cups etc.
3. The hotel is beside huge power line.

But overall, I will stay at this hotel again, simply because of the price and clean! Distance doesn't bother me as much because if you stay in Southern California which means that 30 minutes of driving is the norm over here.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#7 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!