“Perfect 7 hour hotal”

Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Fresno, California
“Perfect 7 hour hotal”
Reviewed November 12, 2010

Basic hotel, sort of like a Holiday Inn Express, but the rooms were just better. Had a court appearance down about 2 miles away in the morning. This was a solid value for the money, and I told my wife I thought we should buy the same mattresses and pillows my room had.

• Stayed September 2010, traveled on business
2 Thank mpksdad

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (59)
Columbia, Missouri
Reviewed October 11, 2010

I was very pleased with this Sheraton location. This was the second 4 points property I have stayed at (the other in Miami Beach). The locations always seem to have what I consider important--a lot of function and good locations to where I need to be.

The good:
FREE internet and it was fairly fast for a dataport!
FREE complimentary water bottles and they are more then willing to give you extra bottles, just ask (that really fits my healthy lifestyle).
LCD TV with HD Channels
New location (within 18months) meant the property was current.
VERY centrally located to a lot of shopping, restaurants, an organic grocery store.
VERY close to the speedway on race weekends ($20-$25 Taxi ride).
VERY friendly staff, including FREE shuttle

The bad:
Odd Euro bathroom w. sliding door that won't lock
The on site restaurant had very irregular hours

Other amenities:
Small computer area in lobby, not sure qualifies as business center. Still nice to print things (like boarding passes).
Weight Room --> didn't really use it, but looked convenient.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
San Francisco
Reviewed September 5, 2010

First of all, this staff rocked! Smiling and greeting faces wherever we went, and we could not stop talking about how accomodating and hospitable all of the employees were! The gentleman that worked days (so mad I forgot his name!) helped me in haircut crisis by directing me to the nearest Supercuts, which was huge, because my hair was a mess. Second, our room was fantastic! Big bed, sofa, table, free internet, everything we needed. Finally, there were restaurants, and shopping all around us so we could grab food and cocktails, eat there or take out. If you are in this region for business or pleasure stay here and no where else!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
Jakarta, Indonesia
Reviewed August 17, 2010

Plus side of this hotel:
1. Free wireless interest which is a must for business traveler
2. Affordable for Starwood franchise
3. Big rooms so plenty of space to put things around
4. Rooms are fairly clean

Minus side of this hotel:
1. 40 miles from LA, and around 50 miles further from LAX
2. Not enough maintenance is being done, should do regular maintenance if possible such as making sure that the cleaning service has done all the regular checks such as towels, cups, coffee cups etc.
3. The hotel is beside huge power line.

But overall, I will stay at this hotel again, simply because of the price and clean! Distance doesn't bother me as much because if you stay in Southern California which means that 30 minutes of driving is the norm over here.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled on business
San Mateo, California
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had to go into town for something less-than-pleasant, and was encouraged by my boyfriend to stay somewhere nice. Since I was going to be stressing about the actual errand, I was looking for pleasant accommodations. I specifically chose this hotel because of the on-site restaurant and room service combined with its proximity to the places I would need to be. The daily bottled water was a plus. The Sheraton has a good reputation, and the reviews on Yelp were good, so I gave it a shot (Other hotels I had considered were the Doubletree in Claremont and Casa 425, also in Claremont). When I arrived, my room was ready and I was offered a top-floor room. Everything I needed was there - water, tea, coffee, toiletries, etc. The room temperature on arrival was comfortable but stuffy (the air was not on). I was heading out anyway so turned it on and got ready to leave. First night was good.

When I returned to my room the next day, my coffee and tea had not been replenished by room service, nor had they left the bottle of water. I had used the whole travel-size bottle of lotion, but that was not replenished either. So I charged a bottle of water to my room on the way back out and, while annoyed, didn't think anything further of it. Later that day, I came back and wanted to order dinner (room service), but didn't have a room service menu. I called down to the front desk to ask for one, but was told I didn't need one. Since the restaurant was not open (it was about 6:30 pm), I wouldn't be able to get room service. I walked around, but there was nothing really easy within walking distance. I stopped at a small mexican restaurant attached to the gas station and got food to go.

The next morning I head out again, and again, upon later arrival in my room, had no coffee. As I left again, I saw a housekeeper and asked her to stock my room with coffee, tea, water, etc. When I came back, I noticed she had placed coffee packets in my room but nothing else. On my way out again, I stopped at the front desk and asked that they would refill whatever the housekeeper had not. When I came in for the night, I had creamer packets but still no cups. I called down to the front desk and asked them to bring up some cups. Finally, I had the full setup to make a cup of coffee. None of the 3 days I was there did I get the paper that was promised. When I mentioned the issue about the coffee on checkout, the only reply I got was a half-hearted "OK, I'll let the housekeeper know". I didn't expect a giant refund or anything, but a sincere apology would have been nice.

The room was nice and clean, and I had a good view. When I *did* get room service for breakfast, it was quick and tasty (Much quicker than my experience going down to the restaurant to get breakfast). The staff was friendly. It was pleasantly quiet, regardless of the large parties that were going on in the hotel.

I would not stay at this hotel again. I didn't ask for any special accommodations, and I feel like if they consistently are unable to do daily tasks such as refill coffee, I wouldn't be able to trust that they *could* make special accommodations. I know in the grand scheme of things coffee isn't the biggest deal, but I felt like it was a fight to actually get it, and it would have been nice to ease into my day by having a cup of coffee or two while I was still in my pajamas. Instead, I had to go out and find coffee, which of course means getting dressed and taking a short drive. If the simple things can't be done well, I feel like I couldn't get anything extraordinary from this hotel.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Rancho Cucamonga, California
Reviewed July 21, 2010

Almost European styling to the rooms. Nice all the way around. The workout center was better than most. Pool is nice, standard size for most hotels. Lobby is great. Location is perfect - near Ontario airport and Victoria Gardens Mall. Minor league baseball park two blocks away. Dozens of restaurants within 2 miles (most closer). I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
1 Thank arcool
Santa Barbara, CA
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in the past 4 weeks.
I travel a lot, and was suprised at the poor service we received recently.
This past Saturday our room was not cleaned for some reason, and we ran out of toilet paper. I called the front desk and they said they would send some up. About an hour later it was abvout 9:35pm, and I wanted to get some sleep, so I went down to the front desk. No one was there, but about 4 staff members were outside. I asked for some toilet paper and they said they gave the request to the maintenance staff, who was on a break. They also said they were having a shortage of toilet paper. They said they could not give me any because they could not leave the front desk. I went back to my room, and then called to speak with the manager. I was told there was no manager on duty, and nothing they could do.

I am not sure why any of the 4 people working at the hotel that night could not help me, except for exceptionally poor customer service.

Finally someone did arrive with the toliet paper, but it really should not be this hard.

I like the hotel in general so if I decide to return again next time I guess I will pack my own toilet paper in case they have another shortage.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#4 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#3 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!