“Simple things not done correctly”

Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #4 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed August 1, 2010

I had to go into town for something less-than-pleasant, and was encouraged by my boyfriend to stay somewhere nice. Since I was going to be stressing about the actual errand, I was looking for pleasant accommodations. I specifically chose this hotel because of the on-site restaurant and room service combined with its proximity to the places I would need to be. The daily bottled water was a plus. The Sheraton has a good reputation, and the reviews on Yelp were good, so I gave it a shot (Other hotels I had considered were the Doubletree in Claremont and Casa 425, also in Claremont). When I arrived, my room was ready and I was offered a top-floor room. Everything I needed was there - water, tea, coffee, toiletries, etc. The room temperature on arrival was comfortable but stuffy (the air was not on). I was heading out anyway so turned it on and got ready to leave. First night was good.

When I returned to my room the next day, my coffee and tea had not been replenished by room service, nor had they left the bottle of water. I had used the whole travel-size bottle of lotion, but that was not replenished either. So I charged a bottle of water to my room on the way back out and, while annoyed, didn't think anything further of it. Later that day, I came back and wanted to order dinner (room service), but didn't have a room service menu. I called down to the front desk to ask for one, but was told I didn't need one. Since the restaurant was not open (it was about 6:30 pm), I wouldn't be able to get room service. I walked around, but there was nothing really easy within walking distance. I stopped at a small mexican restaurant attached to the gas station and got food to go.

The next morning I head out again, and again, upon later arrival in my room, had no coffee. As I left again, I saw a housekeeper and asked her to stock my room with coffee, tea, water, etc. When I came back, I noticed she had placed coffee packets in my room but nothing else. On my way out again, I stopped at the front desk and asked that they would refill whatever the housekeeper had not. When I came in for the night, I had creamer packets but still no cups. I called down to the front desk and asked them to bring up some cups. Finally, I had the full setup to make a cup of coffee. None of the 3 days I was there did I get the paper that was promised. When I mentioned the issue about the coffee on checkout, the only reply I got was a half-hearted "OK, I'll let the housekeeper know". I didn't expect a giant refund or anything, but a sincere apology would have been nice.

The room was nice and clean, and I had a good view. When I *did* get room service for breakfast, it was quick and tasty (Much quicker than my experience going down to the restaurant to get breakfast). The staff was friendly. It was pleasantly quiet, regardless of the large parties that were going on in the hotel.

I would not stay at this hotel again. I didn't ask for any special accommodations, and I feel like if they consistently are unable to do daily tasks such as refill coffee, I wouldn't be able to trust that they *could* make special accommodations. I know in the grand scheme of things coffee isn't the biggest deal, but I felt like it was a fight to actually get it, and it would have been nice to ease into my day by having a cup of coffee or two while I was still in my pajamas. Instead, I had to go out and find coffee, which of course means getting dressed and taking a short drive. If the simple things can't be done well, I feel like I couldn't get anything extraordinary from this hotel.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
There are newer reviews for Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga

Reviewed July 21, 2010

Almost European styling to the rooms. Nice all the way around. The workout center was better than most. Pool is nice, standard size for most hotels. Lobby is great. Location is perfect - near Ontario airport and Victoria Gardens Mall. Minor league baseball park two blocks away. Dozens of restaurants within 2 miles (most closer). I would definitely stay at the hotel again.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business
1  Thank arcool
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is the second time I have stayed at this hotel in the past 4 weeks.
I travel a lot, and was suprised at the poor service we received recently.
This past Saturday our room was not cleaned for some reason, and we ran out of toilet paper. I called the front desk and they said they would send some up. About an hour later it was abvout 9:35pm, and I wanted to get some sleep, so I went down to the front desk. No one was there, but about 4 staff members were outside. I asked for some toilet paper and they said they gave the request to the maintenance staff, who was on a break. They also said they were having a shortage of toilet paper. They said they could not give me any because they could not leave the front desk. I went back to my room, and then called to speak with the manager. I was told there was no manager on duty, and nothing they could do.

I am not sure why any of the 4 people working at the hotel that night could not help me, except for exceptionally poor customer service.

Finally someone did arrive with the toliet paper, but it really should not be this hard.

I like the hotel in general so if I decide to return again next time I guess I will pack my own toilet paper in case they have another shortage.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed June 3, 2010

We had a good time and enjoyed our stay in this basic Four Points hotel. The rooms were clean and the service during our stay was adequate. The location was useful for the purpose of our trip. The major issue with our stay was that afterwards, checking our credit card statement, we were double charged for the single night that we stayed. Upon contacting the front desk we were given the run-around for a while but after making multiple calls we were finally put in touch with the manager Cecilia Ramirez. She investigated and promised to refund our credit card for their mistake within 4-5 business days. That never happened. Now our credit card company is working on the process for us. I'm sure it will get sorted out eventually (I have the original receipt indicating the appropriate charges, etc) but it is simply not something that one should have to worry about, nor make multiple phone calls to rectify. Poor managerial service will definitely mean that we will not stay in this hotel again.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 27, 2010

We stayed here at the end of our USA holiday to go shopping at the Ontario Mills Outlet Center. We chose the hotel as we are SPG members and the excellent reviews it has received.
We were not disappointed, the hotel has an intimate, homely feel to it. The rooms are relatively spacious and have a modern look. Staff here are friendly and helpful. Internet is free and also they have a PC with printer in the lobby for guests to use free. Very helpful to print out directions, boarding passes, etc.
The only thing that the room lacked was an in-room safe - these days a lot of people travel with laptops. It appears that when the hotel was built, they were going to include safes, as inside one of the wardrobe doors there are instructions on how to use the (non existent) safe! Anyway, as it turns out I took the laptop with us to the shopping center, which has free wifi in the food court. Handy to check up on emails while eating lunch.
The hotel is very clean and modern in a new area of Rancho Cucamonga, close to freeways, restaurants and shopping centers. After 3 days we had to fly back home to NZ, wish we could have stayed longer!

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2010

I stay here at least once a month for business. The staff is friendly and helpful. The rooms are clean and comfortable. The rates are reasonable for the area. Highly recommend.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled on business
Reviewed May 23, 2010

It was clean, quiet, safe. Staff were very polite and helpful. Several good restaurants were within walking distance.

• Stayed: May 2010, traveled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#7 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!