“Lovely wedding venue!”
Review of Christmas House

Christmas House
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Rancho Cucamonga
Christmas House
Tucson, Arizona, United States
“Lovely wedding venue!”
Reviewed May 20, 2014

Janice, owner of the Christmas House, has done an amazing job refurbishing a stately old home that was undoubtedly built well over 100 years ago, and it was an exquisite venue for my daughter's wedding. The surrounding neighborhood has now become commercial, but once you're on the grounds, you forget that. Both the indoor and outdoor areas were lovely, the service was great, and the food was delicious. Furthermore, the Christmas House works with nearby hotels; the deal we got with the Ayres Hotel in Ontario Mills was amazing AND included a free shuttle to and from the wedding.

The Christmas House is no longer a B&B, but the bridal party is able to rent the entire place and spend the wedding night there. They were very happy with their rooms and the breakfast.

All in all, an amazing wedding at a wonderful venue. THANK YOU, JANICE!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for sharing the love on our TripAdvisor page as well, Martha! We want to make sure that every couple who gets married here has the most magical experience possible, so I'm glad we could help out on your daughter's big day! Here's wishing you and your family all the best.

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Addison, Texas
Reviewed October 8, 2013

A hidden gem on a tree lined street with large grounds...and an outdoor hot tub!
The name is misleading as it is not a year around shop for Christmas baubles. It is a very accommodating inn that seems to cater to weddings and other weekend special events. Great news for business travelers, especially road warriors who enjoy a change from cookie cutter hotels. Great news because it is not as busy during the week and you can choose from some of the larger rooms at very good rates. And Janice isn't as busy on weekdays so she offers to deliver breakfast to
your room...on a silver service. Old world charm and service with excellent wireless reception for your laptop.

Room Tip: On weekdays, there are many choices. Just call Janice and let her know what your needs are and she w...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled solo
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for leaving us this lovely review! We're grateful for your recommendation. Happy we could help you relax!

San Diego
Reviewed September 4, 2012

Just attended a wedding at the Christmas House. What a beautiful venue! The house is absolutely gorgeous and the grounds were very nice. The food at the wedding was good. I wouldn't call it excellent, but wedding food very rarely ever is. It was enjoyable and tasted good. After reading a previous review I'd like to comment that the type of bar available is chosen as part of the wedding package. So if only beer was available then that is what was chosen and paid for by the wedding party. We had a full bar and the drinks and bartender were both excellent.

I would partly agree with the location comment. When driving up to the Christmas House it is odd to see it located in a business area across from a strip mall, but once you are on the grounds (especially in the back) you can't see them any more and you don't feel like you are in a business area.

We had an absolutely fabulous time and the wedding was beautiful. Would love to go back and stay at the B&B and try that out.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled with family
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
You wrote this quite a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much we appreciate your review. I hope this finds you well, and that you made it back for a chance to stay at our bed and breakfast. Hope you'll come back and stay with us again soon!

Salton City, California
Reviewed August 9, 2012

My sister loved this place so much she arranged to have her wedding here. It was a package deal where the wedding took place on the grounds and they spent their wedding night here.

There was an open bar but the beer was warm, they served only Corona beer and had no mixed drinks. No wine, no champagne, no mixed drinks. Not much of a drinker but it would have been nice to have a few while celebrating this joyful event.

The house itself is beautiful, kind of small, very narrow. Don't believe you could get around if you were handicapped as there are a lot of very narrow stairs.
The staff was friendly but I feel the location was not the best choice to put a bed and breakfast. It is right in business area of town.
The food was not very good, which was provided by the B&B, I was one of the last in line and ended up getting scraps of whatever was left. They piled on the food for those who were in the beginning of the line but by the time they got to the end of the line, most of the pans were empty, and what was left was cold and very unappetizing.
I didn't complain because I was there to celebrate my sister and brother in laws big day but I know that I will not recommend this place to anyone having a reunion or wedding.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, August 5, 2014
A wedding with us should be a joy. The bride and groom should be the center of attention, and they and their guests shouldn't have to worry about anything beyond having a wonderful time. I'm sorry if you felt disappointed by any of our accommodations.

We do offer a variety of wedding packages that come with different food and drink options. Many of them include champagne, and not all are buffet-style. I apologize if the experience you had with us was not what you were expecting.

As for the hallways, our house is over a century old, and the layout and design reflects that. That said, thank you for bringing up how it might be difficult for someone with a disability to get around. We'll definitely be looking into that because we want our house to be welcoming for everyone.

Thank you for taking the time to let us know how you felt about your time with us -- we're always looking for ways to improve. We do our best to offer options that will make every couples' wedding perfect for them, and I hope your sister had a wonderful day. Please send our best wishes to her and her husband.

Ontario, California
Reviewed March 15, 2011

Janice & the staff are wonderful! They make sure your stay is comfortable & enjoyable. Have Been having my daughters b-day slumber party here since 2008. She & her friends love it. This year Janice was so nice & upgraded us & gave us Elizabeth's room along w/the Carriage room. "THANK YOU JANICE". We loved it! The breakfast has always been very tasty too!

• Stayed March 2011
1 Thank laura9240
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
Thank you for your incredible kindness, Laura! I know you wrote this a while ago, but I wanted to let you know how much I appreciate it. We're happy to have helped make your daughter's birthdays a little more special.

San Jose, California
Reviewed July 4, 2010

Lovely grounds and rooms. Quiet. Fantastic breakfast served in room. Wonderful hosts.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank paladin11
Janice I, Owner at Christmas House, responded to this review, July 12, 2014
It's been quite a long time since you wrote this, but I'm glad you were able to spend some time with us! I hope you've managed to make it back our way -- we'd love to see you again.

Maui Hawaii
Reviewed December 11, 2008

My Mother and I spent the night, a surprise for her birthday. It was the most elegant experience. Janice, the owner hosts a Chirstmas Tea two Sundays in the month of Dec. we so enjoyed this along with our overnight stay. The house is decorated beautifully for the holidays, absolutely gorgeous. My Mother and I stayed in the Carriage House seperate from the main house. Its a bit larger, a private jacuzzi, perfect for us. Janice gave us a tour of all the rooms in the main house, its just lovely, a wonderful step back in time. She is a lovely hostess in which she served us a superb breakfast right down to the Christmas China and crystal. I can't say enough about this accomodation and Janice. We thoroughly enjoyed our overnight stay, only wish we could have stayed longer. I highly recommend staying at the "Christmas House B & B". We will stay here again.

• Liked — the ambiance, the hostess
  • Disliked — That we couldn't stay longer
  • Stayed December 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
3 Thank StargazerMaui
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Embassy Suites by Hilton Ontario-Airport
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airport - Mills Mall
Holiday Inn Express Ontario Airp...
#8 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills

Been to Christmas House? Share your experiences!