“Fun spot good times”

Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
“Fun spot good times”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Great little spot and great food/drinks. Alexis,the bartender, is amazing. Always checking in and making sure we had a great time. Awesome service. It's the food wasnt enough, Alexis makes it worth the visit. Coming again soon.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank durnando
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this review, July 20, 2014
Hope you have many more good times at our hotel. Thank you again for your review!

Gonzalo Rodriguez, General Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
Ontario, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

The bartender Sara Butler was a delight. She was very helpful with directions and providing lively conversation as well as great service. She had us try different drinks and we found one she had invented which we loved and will be ordering from now on. She truly did make our stay very fun.

Room Tip: Stayed on fourth floor and no noise.
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Thank you for your review! I'm sure glad that Sarah our bartender took great care of you during your visit. We hope to see you at our bar again!

San Diego
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

First tip: do not rely on any directions from any of the online map services to locate this hotel, unless of course you want a tour of greater Rancho Cucamonga before arriving at the hotel. If you're on the I-15, simply exit at 4th Street and head west about 1.5 miles. The hotel is clean and modern with an emphasis on the whole urban loft ambiance with lots of open duct work, stainless steel and contemporary furniture. Front desk staff is personable and professional making check in speedy and efficient. Hotel is also pet friendly which was one of the reasons my brother and I selected this hotel. Despite overlooking the pool, our room was quiet, comfortable and clean. There is a lounge/bar, restaurant and a breakfast buffet area on the property. WiFi is free for the first night of your stay. While we didn't fit the age demographic the hotel is marketed towards (boomers versus millenials), we were treated with courtesy. On the down side, there was no microwave in our room which impacted our whole plan for preparing our dinner in our room. Our food was stashed overnight in the tiny refrig and we packed it in ice to take home. There is a draft under the door into the bathroom, so make sure you keep the water on hot while you're showering unless you prefer a chill in the air. Housekeeping must have to work under a quick turnaround schedule as we noticed that the space behind the door and along the walls could do with some vacuuming. aloft met our needs for an overnight stay.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 18, 2014

I stayed at this hotel last week for 1 week. It wasn't very good. The decor is much older than the photos they show online. The lobby smells like a perfume store, its sickening. The rooms are a little better but they are very small. There was some sort of "hippy" convention on in town and all sorts of riff-raff were staying at the hotel, I had to share a lift with a gross looking lady who was HOLDING A BUD OF POT in her hand. I haven't even gotten to the worst part - on day 4 of our stay, my husband and I were leaving our room and he thought he'd double check that the door was locked, he found it hadn't, we wondered how long the door had been broken. When we took the front desk, the attendant acted like it wasn't a big deal and said that her manager will get in between 9:30am - 10am to help, it was 9:27am, I said "well can you call her? It was a SATURDAY and we had things we needed to do." The attendant went out back and all of a sudden the "manager" was there, but she walked right past us to the lift, not once did they apologise for the inconvenience, we waited at reception, no-one spoke to us for 1/2 hour so we went up to our room and the manager wasn't there but the door was now completely broken, with the handle swinging all the way around, however, it was locked so we thought, (and I requested at reception also) surely they will fix that while we are away for the day. We got back to our hotel at 3pm and the door was still broken, I had to explain the situation to a completely different person at reception, then the maintenance guy who I couldn't understand went us to the room to fix it, my husband had to help him pry the door open with a tire iron!! We then had to move to another room, so I had to go down to the reception again, explain it all again to a different person, and she tried to tell me that we would have to stay in a room with 2 single rooms as they were booked out, I refused and told her to find another solution. She went out the back and came back magically with a room with a king size bed. We got screwed about with the room keys and finally got in and the bed cover was so lumpy. Oh, and there were other people at the reception desk saying they couldn't get into their rooms either. Oh god, I'm not one to complain but this place was a nightmare!

Room Tip: Just don't book here. I've stayed at the Holiday Inn around the corner and the rooms where b...
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank shesajem
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 17, 2014

Have stayed in many W hotels from LA to NY and I "get" the vibe, even though I'm middle aged road warrior/mom. Cool stylings, but sometimes it can come off cheap looking. So I expected just that when I booked at Aloft in Rancho - I mean I had pretty low expectations coming into this. But what actually happened was worse. I was travelling with 3 children - two young teens and a baby and had booked two adjoining rooms so my old girls could have their own space. I had called twice earlier in the day to confirm our rooms were set, as we would be arriving late. Well, when we show up at 10pm, they tell me that the person in one of my rooms had stayed over without a reservation and they couldn't move their belongings. WHAT? So you allow people to just SQUAT in your hotel without a reservation, without so much as a phone call. And rather than calling me, as I had requested you do if there were any issues, I show up at 10pm in the middle of no where with 3 children and you tell me my rooms are not adjoining, and in fact quite a ways down the hall from eachother. I don't know about others, but I personally like to have my kids within earshot. The place was totally booked and they had no other options. I asked to speak to the manager, the guy at the front disappeared for a while then came back and said the manager was busy but they would give me $20 each room. Both people at the front desk looked like zombies, this knowing look as if to say...lady I'm sorry, this happens all the time, I know we screwed you, but my manager and this company doesn't really give a crap...so here's your room key. Get up to our rooms, the carpet is filthy- my baby's white socks were black within the first 10 minutes of walking around in the room. There were dings and scrapes on the walls and bed bug powder in the corners along the floor boards. When we left in the morning, we spoke to several other guests with similar horror stories. Then we find out the same poor (young) people had been working at the desk from check in the previous day (2pm) all the way through till 8am. That should be illegal. No wonder they looked like Zombies. The pantry was bare by the time I tried to get breakfast. There was no housekeeping or other staff visible beside the two people at the counter. The pool lounging area was dirty and the cushions had visible stains that look unsanitary. This hotel is an utter disaster - poorly managed and just left to function as a self service hotel. It doesn't work that way if Starwood expects to have any customers left.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Calimom07
San Gabriel, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

I've stayed at Aloft a couple of different times and it has been great. One of my favorite things about this establishment are the rooms. They are simple but very nice and comfortable. I enjoy the tv (you can plug in tablets/laptops via hdmi or rgb cables) the showers are spacious and comfortable as well.

Also i love the bar (you have to try the "dudes where my car drink") Alexis is a great and friendly bartender and all of her recommendations have been pretty great! (plus she is pretty funny)

At the end of the day Aloft is a pretty good hotel in a nice location near the 210 and 10 fwy. The hospitality is amazing lourdes and the other check-in staff have always been friendly and helpful and out of all my hotel stays Aloft has yet to disappoint.

Room Tip: make a stop by the bar
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank michael p
Thank you so much for you're loyalty to our hotel. Our talent agent Lourdes takes pride in providing the best possible service to our guests. We look forward to seeing you again!

San Diego, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2014

Stayed at the Aloft hotel last weekend (June 13-15, 2014) for the Huck Finn Jubilee Bluegrass Festival at nearby Gausti Park. This place is a great, not frills establishment with a friendly and helpful staff. Very clean, modern (maybe kind of hip) and quiet rooms with a decent pool. Free parking and a free shuttle that delivers hotel guests within a 5 mile radius (we used it even after checking out for a ride to the fest). The only single complaint I have is that the bar doesn't open until 5:00pm. I wanted a couple beers before heading to the fest in the early afternoon, but it was not meant to be... OVERALL, A GREAT PLACE AND WE'LL BE BACK NEXT YEAR.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
BEST WESTERN PLUS Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#3 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#6 of 9 in Rancho Cucamonga
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario Airport
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!