“Great Staff/Hotel, Fun Stay...”

Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed September 12, 2013

First time at this Aloft (or any Aloft hotel for that matter) -- so I didn't know exactly what to expect.

In short, think the W Hotel's younger brother. Definitely, has a nice/hip vibe and a very attentive and accommodating staff. I'll highlight two folks that were exceptional: 1) Berlina - young, professional, friendly -- just very solid overall -- answered my questions about nearby attractions, restaurants etc. and always w/ a smile. 2) my housekeeper (correct term?) on the 5th floor - I apologize for not getting her name - but my stay was on 9/10 so that may help. Always a smile in the hallway, an extra towel or soap? - no problem, late checkout? - not an inconvenience to her. The entire Aloft staff seemed to take pride in their hotel and actually enjoy working there.

I liked the shower set up -- much prefer the bliss shower gel and shampoo/conditioner in dispensers vs the small bottles that are typical of most hotels. I love the glass vs. a shower curtain. Also, about the only time I'm taking a bath in a hotel is when it's a big jacuzzi tub (and there's room for two). Only improvement I'd love to see is a little more H20 pressure - it was OK but I like it strong.

Also, like I imagine you are doing, I read just a few reviews and I also spoke to the folks at SPG just to get a little information of other guests experiences. Candidly, I found the positive reviews accurate and the negative ones a little nitpicky. I didn't get any water coming out on the floor from the shower and I didn't have a problem w/out the standard dresser. Also, SIAP -- you get your ice in the first floor -- they have it set aside in a little fridge in their snack section. It's in little bags and it was readily available... just help yourself.

I'll be out in the area for business and pleasure in the near future and will definitely return to Aloft, RC.

Room Tip: If you book directly through SPG, you will get a competitive rate and they'll treat you even bet...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Dear Keith M,

Thank you for taking the time to give a review and share your experience with not only us but your fellow trip advisor travelors. I appreciate your detailed description of our property and service. I am proud of our staff and will be sharing your comment about Berlina and the Refresh attendant who serviced your room as this encourages everyone to continue to provide the best service. We look forward to welcoming you back again.

There are newer reviews for Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga

Reviewed September 10, 2013

I recall the first time I stepped inside this hotel. It was like walking into a night club. Although most of the attendees enjoying the bar and common areas were half my age, didn't feel out of place. That's because I'm not only hip, but downright nonchalant about it. All kidding aside, a quick rundown of the strengths and weaknesses based on multiple stays:

Strengths:

1. Value. I think this hotel offers a good value for what you get, although the surrounding area tends to be relatively inexpensive as well for accommodations. I stay here when I need to remain in S. Cali. over a weekend and it's close to many things of convenience, including great shopping and even hiking up in the Apple Valley and SB National Forest areas.

2. Staff. Look ... this is not the Four Seasons and you may not get that level of service, but for the class of hotel, the staff in my experience has been excellent. They generally are down to earth and not afraid to be themselves. Other reviews mention the members by name or area with the positive highlights and I agree. Some do two or three jobs at the hotel (e.g. bar/cook/back office), and hence there may be times when a call is not answered after the third ring, so relax.

3. Sound insulation. I have stayed on most floors including the first floor. Although it's true that you do hear noise from the street, especially during rush hour, the insulation between the bar area and first floor rooms is first class and between rooms is actually better than a lot of other hotels, especially in the Hilton chain.

4. Shower. Glass door, step in. Enough said. Every hotel should have a shower like these. If you don't like the idea of a soap dispenser, then use the regular soap. Problem solved.

5. Facilities. Great for the price, specifically the gym and pool.

6. Desk and chair. Decent and usable if you need to do some work. Also, a nice view from some rooms while you are doing work. The charging station is a nice touch.

Weaknesses:

1. Internet. Although I wasn't staying on business so the (slow) speed and (lack of) stability didn't bother me, it's pretty darn slow and unstable. Range is anywhere from 0.11 to 1.5 mbps D if you are lucky. I couldn't get an accurate ping reading but pegged it at very bad, above 30 ms in some cases. I did a quick scan of the network and everything goes to the world via a single public IP. Cross-referenced that with reported sources of spam and you guessed it, the IP address that the hotel uses shows up on multiple black lists. This explains why I cannot get to certain legitimate sites as it has been blocked, although easily resolved via VPN. Anyhow, if you do care about speed and stability, bring your own MiFi hub until the current infrastructure is upgraded and security increased. If management is reading this, your wireless network is not very secure and was likely used as a hop to spread spam or other mischief.

2. Housekeeping. I like the housekeeping staff here. They are very kind and do a great job. However, like many other hotels, certain items in the room are bypassed and it shows. For example, 2 out of 3 times, the telephone, remote control, charging station and other items are either very dusty or downright nasty. I think if these are wiped down once a week, it will go a long way. Also, in the past, I have had staff come by even though the Do Not Disturb sign was on the door. I made a note of this in the guest survey and hopefully it's been addressed, as I have not experienced it on subsequent stays. I have also been checked into a room in the past where clearly the sheets were not changed, but then also the pillows did not have covers on them, so likely it was a room that was not turned around yet but it was already updated as such.

3. Pillows, towels and windows. Pillows - Wish they were bigger or alternatively more than two. Towels - not as "soft" as at other hotels, hence lower quality. Windows - don't open.

TIP: If you are doing laundry, bring your own change and detergent. The dispensing machine jams at times and this is not maintained directly by the hotel. It is outsourced to a third party vendor.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Dear medwonk,

It is indeed a pleasure to read such detailed reviews. Thank you for sharing with us and the trip advisor community. I appreciate you listing both strengths and weaknesses as it gives us an opportunity to grow and continue to strive for service excellence in all areas. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

The Aloft hotel is in a prime location. It is near two big malls, Ontario Mills and Victoria Gardens. However I am here to talk about the lounge and lobby area.

The lounge offers nicely priced drinks and a mellow yet metropolis vibe. It is saturated with beautiful women and the employees there will go out of their way to ensure that your stay is convenient and comfortable. There is a snack table with an eclectic selection of your favorite snacks, paninis, and other delectable treats to assuage your travel induced appetite. Traveling alone? Head to the lounge where there are three lovely ladies and one lovely dude by the names of Cynthia, Karina, Alexis, and Zee respectively. Whether you need a good drink, a tasty snack, a ride, or simply a face to chat with, these staff members are at your corner, as long as you are reside in at Aloft.

Although I do reside in Beverly Hills, this is my prime choive for a place to stay near the Ontario Airport whenever I'm doing business.

10/10

Would stay again.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Dear Aaron R,

Let me start by saying we appreciate you taking the time to share you experience with the trip advisor community. It does our hearts proud to be recognized for our service as it is our goal to ensure each guests stay is memorable. Thank you for mentioning our Lounge and Re:fuel snack areas and a preview of what we offer. I am especially excited to be able to share with Cynthia, Karina, Alexis and Zee the fact that their service left such an impression that you took the time to personally recognize them. I will be sharing this with them and the enitre team as a congratulatory encouragement to continue to provide excellent service.

We look forward to welcoming you back again.

Reviewed September 4, 2013

We revisited this hotel recently , and we absolutely loved the service and attention from the staff and the hotel Mgr. . I am looking forward to returning and staying a little longer next time . Also the hotel is located near practically everything ! . The Ontario Mills Mall , the Victoria Gardens Mall , numerous Restaurants and my personal favorite is approx. 4 blocks a way called " The Lazy Dog " . This restaurant allows you to bring your dog while you feast on a delicious menu or watch your favorite game on the sports TV 's .

Room Tip: They have a gorgeous view of the San Bernardino Mtns.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear kimkim409,

On behalf of the staff, I want to thank you for taking the time to share that our service was superb during your stay. We appreciate your wanting to return for a longer visit and we look forward to welcoming you back. Thanks again for choosing the aloft Ontario Rancho Cucamonga.

Reviewed August 26, 2013 via mobile

Me and 3 close buddies of mine stayed here after a bachelor party I had planed out in ontario. We had dinner and drinks at Gyu-kaku at Victoria gardens and was suppose to finish the night drinking and gaming at Dave & busters busters @ ontario mills mall. To be safe and to prevent drinking and driving I booked the best room possible in the area based off the reviews here on trip advisor. There were some other hotels I was considering but the fact that this placed seemed like a perfect place to finish the night with the full bar and lounge with billiards table, I couldn't resist.

Maybe we had a little too much to start the night at gyu kaku because Somehow Dave & busters busters got skipped and we all ended up at the hotel after dinner. It worked out perfect because we were able to grab a few more drinks at the bar from Alexis the awesome bartender and play a few games of pool. Not only was she fast and made great drinks but after the bar was closing down we all continued the celebration at the room and she was super awesome and helpful even though I'm sure my buddies were a bother asking for limes and ice and all kinds of junk.

As the night went on we kind of got a little loud and i guess gotta 3 complaints from Neighbors and what not. The front desk associate and night guard came by to let us know and we're really cool and polite about letting us know to keep it down which I really appreciated and we had no further problems for the night.

I guess our partying the night before traveled down the grapevine to the morning desk clerk and my buddy mentioned she said she heard about us after he was talking to her about breakfast in the lobby. I'm not sure if that was good or bad but he didn't mention that she made him feel unwelcomed or uncomfortable about it which meant alot to me. I could only imagine how it could have been at another hotel. They were also really awesome about giving us late check out since we needed it given the long night.

All in allI would highly recommend this hotel if you like modern style interior design/theme and if your in your 20-30s the or just love the fact that there's a full bar in the lobby haha. Rooms were nice and clean and we didnt have one complaint. Deffinately would stay here again not only for an event but possibly for the he'll of it with my wife if we're n the area and decide to have a night out!

• Stayed: August 2013
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2013

Dear Hhale15,

Wow, what a review. I appreciate you taking the time to write about your entire experience and the service you received along the way. Thank you for recognizing Alexis and the rest of the staff for being accommodating. I will be sure to share this with the staff to assure them that their efforts do not go unnoticed. We definitely look forward to your return and the opportunity to welcome your wife as well.

Reviewed August 21, 2013

Need to stay in Rancho Cucamonga once a month, needed to find a place away from the airport but close to business and college. Aloft is a treasure, clean, very modern, great coffee, comfortable bed, great TV. Rooms are small but the space is used very smartly, did not feel cramped. Lighting is subdued, just a feel good place. I will return!!!!

Room Tip: Ask for room away from the street.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear Pat H,

Thank you for such a great review. We appreciate that you find our space to be smart, clean and modern. Thank you for your loyalty, we look forward to welcoming you back next month.

Reviewed August 13, 2013

It was not as expensive as some and the service was very attentive. Very modern and well designed. Enjoyed my stay here, proximity to airport is obviously a plus. Will stay here again when indeed to be near Ontario airport (which incidentally is a much better way to get in and out of So Cal than John Wayne or LAX)

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business

Dear travelregent,

We are certainly glad that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for commenting on our modern style and most importantly the attentive service you received. We look forward to your return.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#4 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Country Inn & Suites By Carlson, Ontario at Ontario Mills
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Homewood Suites by Hilton Ontari...
#5 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!