“Lack of consistency in the service”

Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Ranked #7 of 10 Hotels in Rancho Cucamonga
Reviewed April 26, 2013 via mobile

This was my third time staying at the Aloft and my experience was horrible enough for me to rate it on Trip Advisor. The first two times I stayed it was decent. Great service, clean but basic room. Good enough for me to return. However, this time I was checked in by a young man who seemed to lack professionalism and showed no compassion whatsoever. When I think of Starwood I imagine classy and professional staff to go along with the ambience of the hotels, but Luke did not seem to be the "Starwood" type. From his tattoos to his attitude I did not feel comfortable at all. I felt like I was at a cheap motel. I would like to mention the two that recovered for the poor service I received in the begining...a great big thank you to Stephanie and Cynthia for their hospitality throughout the duration of my stay. I would like to return, but I don't feel as if its worth it anymore. For $100 I can just stay at another local hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Trueblue75
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded May 10, 2013

Dear TrueBlue75,

We value the time you took to provide us, the management staff, with the insight from your last stay. We take your concerns very seriously and will ensure proper modifications will be made to promote the classy and professional behaviors to match our Starwood ambiance. Thank you for mentioning the hospitable service of Stephanie and Cynthia. Although, your previous stay did not exceed your expectations, I hope this does not completely deter you from choosing our Aloft in the future.

Reviewed April 25, 2013

During my recent trip to Southern California, I had the opportunity to try out both W Hotel and Aloft Hotel by the Starwood Hotel group. Although Aloft has been marketed as a more affordable, basic version of the W Hotels, I personally like Aloft Rancho Cucamonga way better than W Hollywood.

Starwood has been running frequent promotions for Aloft Hotels worldwide, so if you are lucky, you can find deals that under $80 per night at some major cities. This hotel has all the basic amenities plus the modern design and contemporary styling. I like their no-frill approach and yet everyone there was friendly during my stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled solo
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded April 28, 2013

Dear Jason C,

Thank you for taking the time to give us such great feedback. We are happy to hear you utilized our savvy online promotions. Thank you for mentioning how friendly our staff was, I will be sure to let them know they are appreciated.

We hope to welcome you back to California soon!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is our second time staying at this hotel. A group from our soccer team stayed and really enjoyed the place, including the pool table in the lobby. In the past when we traveled as a team, the boys (who are teenagers) would end up in their room playing PS3 etc. with little interaction. Because the Aloft has a great vibe and a nice, trendy sitting area in the lobby, the boys hung out, played pool (as mentioned) and also checked out some old fashioned "board games" available from the hotel and had a lot of fun. The hotel is like a "mini 'W' " so it has fun colors and is geared toward younger people. Still, it is well run. The exercise room was excellent (great Life Fitness equipment). The rooms are nice and clean, and the service was outstanding.

I would highly recommend this hotel regardless of age, but with young kids and young adults, I think it is a hit. We did wish they had a jacuzzi, because the pool was a bit cool and the weather was not that warm, but overall that would not prevent us from staying there again.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded April 8, 2013

Dear 60750Jjd,

Thank you for your loyalty to our hotel during your sports team travels. I am happy your team found the pool table and other recreational activities of the hotel enjoyable. Thank you for mentioning the Life Fitness equipment within our Re:charge facility. Thank you for also mentioning the sassy design and vibe of the hotel as it is a vision of the W. I am thrilled to you will be considering us in the future.

We look forward to welcoming you and your team back!

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Another booking via Priceline "Name your own price", and I was quite pleased with the result. Having never heard of Aloft, I was a bit dubious when the booking was complete, but after getting checked into this property and settling down in my room I realized that I had found a gem.

I wasn't thrilled with the front desk operation as they were slow and seemed quite preoccupied with a couple of people. I don't know how many people it takes to settle an issue or answer questions, but it left me standing around for a longer period of time than it should taken.

The room was was great, a layout the likes I'd not seen before, and I really liked it. Very comfortable and quiet. I never heard a sound from the rooms on either side of mine. The bathroom was beauiful and very well appointed with nice quality fixtures.

Location isn't ideal, but it does have good freeway access to a couple of majors, I-15 and I-10. There are plenty of good restaurants in the area, but none of them are within walking distance.

I'm looking forward to staying in this hotel again.

Room Tip: Ask for a mountain view room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Tuba4You,

I truly appreciate the time you spent to provide us with your genuine feedback. I am thrilled we were able to welcome you to the Aloft brand. Thank you for mentioning our convenient location to neighboring freeways. I am pleased you enjoyed the sassy design of our rooms. I do apologize for the lack of speed efficiency you encountered during check in. Thank you for not allowing that to deter you from choosing our hotel again.

We look forward to your next arrival!

Reviewed April 6, 2013 via mobile

Arrived late evening and no greeting by front desk person - he was too busy snacking on food. Desk area is small circular desk but it was very dirty and cluttered and all in plain view. someone should clean it up. Hotel lobby is nice however - standard open feel for Aloft hotel chain. Got to room and very comfortable and clean except hairs on toilet seat and on floor. It didn't look like they cleaned that area. After several days travel needed to wash clothes using hotel's coin laundry. Went to FD again and the new agent was equally spaced out - and they are called 'Talent Agent'?! He had no change and directed me to the bar tender. She was very busy and when she finally got to me - no change either. Maybe he should have asked for me?! Frustrating. Had to drive to McDonald's a couple miles away to get change to use hotel's machines. Upon checkout, the Talent Agent was a bit better and seemed genuine in my impression of my stay so I told her. She made a $20 discount on the room and apologized.

• Stayed: April 2013
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded April 11, 2013

Dear Fa,TravChp,

It is my sincere apology that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. I do thank you for mentioning the open feel of our lobby. I do apologize for the lack of exemplarily service in your regards to the negative attributes of your room, lack of attentiveness and coin supplies with the front talent. I am grateful for the talent agent that made accommodations with your rate upon check out. I hope this does not completely deter you from choosing our Aloft again. We would be very grateful to be given a second chance. I would love to hear from, you can reach me directly at (909) 484-1685.

Reviewed March 19, 2013

I stayed at Aloft this past weekend and I have to say, first impressions are key. This hotel is beautiful and it looks new. The feel I got from this hotel was meant for young adults. When I walked in, the interior was very nice. There was a pool table, a bar (YES!), a subtle lounge, and a snack bar (which I regret checking out). There were alot of food places that weren't too far too! The location is perfect.

The room my friends and I stayed in was also nice. Everything was perfect, although the heater/AC was either TOO hot or TOO cold. I didn't like how there wasn't our own personal microwave in the room. I also thought it was really weird that the fridge was under the sink... it could've been in a better location, like on the desks where the beds were. I hate how the sink area was too small. I had 2 other girls with me and it made it too difficult to do our make up. I also didn't like the pillows on the bed because it was tooo flat. It was fluffy, but once you laid your head down, you'd automatically sink into it. I also liked how their was complimentary shampoo & conditioner along with a body wash soap dispenser in the shower. It smelled so good!

I think the only things I didn't like was the heating/cooling system and how they didn't allow us to do a late check out.. it was pretty inconvenient. Other than that, I would come back and def recommend this hotel if you're staying in the area!

Room Tip: Ask for a room with firm, comfy pillows!
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
AloftORC, General Manager at Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga, responded to this reviewResponded March 20, 2013

Dear Jarleen V,

We are so pleased you found our hotel beautiful. Thank you for taking notice of the WXYZ lounge, its pool table and Re:fuel. Thank you for mentioning that our hotel conveniently located to the surrounding shops and restaurants. I am glad you enjoyed the scents of the Bliss products featured within your room. I do apologize that you did not find the location of the fridge, the heating and cooling system to your suiting. I am sorry to hear that the bed pillows in your room were not less than suitable. Our staff would have been more than happy to replace them during your stay. I do apologize that we were unable to provide a later check out during your stay. We would be more than happy to provide a later check out on your next visit. We are thrilled we made a lasting impression on your vacation. We look forward to your return somewhere in the near future!

Reviewed March 18, 2013

Alexis the bar manager is extremely friendly and very helpful. She made my daughter some really special non-alcoholic lemonade that she really liked. Alexis made us feel very welcome. All the staff members were very helpful. Great place to stay. The pool is amazing, music plays under the water while you swim, and the water doesn't dry out your skin. The food is also very good for the price you pay. The decor is beautiful.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Mizalice,

Thank you for mentioning the exemplary service provided by Alexis at the WXYZ Lounge. I will be sure to let Alexis along with the rest of the Aloft staff that you found them helpful. Thank you for mentioning the Splash pool and its musical attributes. I am pleased you found the hot and cold bites from the WXYZ lounge enjoyable. I am glad you found our style and decor beautiful.
We hope to welcome you back soon!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga
Four Points by Sheraton Ontario-...
#3 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
2 mi away
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn Rancho Cucamonga/Ontario
Best Western Plus Heritage Inn R...
#1 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
Hyatt Place Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamonga
Courtyard Ontario Rancho Cucamon...
#6 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga
2 mi away
Azure Hotel & Suites Ontario, A Trademark Collection Hotel
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Rancho Cucamonga
Hilton Garden Inn Ontario / Ranc...
#2 of 10 in Rancho Cucamonga

Been to Aloft Ontario-Rancho Cucamonga? Share your experiences!